Favorite Tear Jerker Songs

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023
I am talking about the song that stirs an emotion deep within you and maybe even brings a tear to your eye. It could be a song about love and loss, or not. Whatever it is, it strikes and deep emotive response in you. I am not talking about how Motley Crue's "Girls, Girls, Girls" makes you want to whip out your wang and fuck the closest hottie. I am talking about the emotions that enshrine your very soul, your very core.

One such tune that affects a lot of people this way is "Cat's in the Cradle". This song is pure evil in that it will destroy any thoughtful man with a young son. You will go from fine to a blubbering puddle of goo in 5 seconds. This is the kind of shit I am talking about. Though, it can be about love, loss, and relationships. My point is that the song I am looking for is the one that grabs you by the titty and won't let go.

This song for me is "Someday Never Comes", by CCR. It is a song about loss and not understanding why, from childhood through adulthood. You are told that someday you will learn the answer to why things happened in the way they do. But someday never comes.

What is the song that guts you?

I don't know that I'd say it's a favorite of mine, but I find myself recalling a time, many years ago, while driving home from work, that With Pen In Hand came on the radio, and I found myself overwhelmed, emotionally, as the tragedy of the story told in that song struck me.

It's from the point of view of a soon-to-be-divorced woman, who doesn't want the divorce, who still loves her husband, loves their daughter. It's about the destruction of a family; a wife and mother discarded like an unwanted piece of trash, to be completely cut off from her family, a little girl doomed to grow up without a mother.

Forum List

Back