Favoring party over country

Okay.THAT was a serious question?! :ack-1::ack-1:
We are a representative republic, Immie. THOSE "politicians" are who we elect to REPRESENT us.
Write to them support or oppose them, but for christssake engage in communication with them, because YOU VOTE FOR THEM to do the very thing you seem to object to here.
WTF?!

Serious question? No, just making a point.

Business leaders can lead this country as well (if not better) than career politicians. TM made the preposterous insinuation that business leaders have no place in Congress, yet, many politicians are, in fact, business leaders.

What we need in Congress are a few single moms, and maybe a few enlisted men, a few students, a few working class men and women etc. etc. etc.

What we need to kick out of Congress are the lobbyists and those who profit from lobbyists.

Immie

Business people are NO better than any other type of American.

There is NO reason to hire them for the job than any other American.

They are not gods , they are merely people

No, they are not gods nor are they any better or worse than the Democrat gods you worship.

Immie

I often wonder about this when it comes to administrations that are particularly polarizing. This one and the last one especially.

It seems to me that opponents of Obama desperately want to see him fail, to have our country fall deeper into recession/depression, and lose ground in the middle east (the higher the US military death toll the better), all for the sake of acquiring political advantage entering into the next election cycle. And conversely, I saw the exact same sentiment spewing from the other side of the aisle during the Bush administration.

As much as this disgusts me, sentiment is one thing, actively trying to make it happen is another. So please consider and discuss the following:

1. Do you think that people in positions of real influence do indeed, actively try to sabotage and undermine the efforts of the current administration to the detriment of all Americans purely for political purposes?

and if so...

2. Who are they and what specifically do you think they do in their efforts to sabotage?

:eusa_think:

How is fucking with elections not a perfect fit for this subject?

I often wonder about this when it comes to administrations that are particularly polarizing. This one and the last one especially.

It seems to me that opponents of Obama desperately want to see him fail, to have our country fall deeper into recession/depression, and lose ground in the middle east (the higher the US military death toll the better), all for the sake of acquiring political advantage entering into the next election cycle. And conversely, I saw the exact same sentiment spewing from the other side of the aisle during the Bush administration.

As much as this disgusts me, sentiment is one thing, actively trying to make it happen is another. So please consider and discuss the following:

1. Do you think that people in positions of real influence do indeed, actively try to sabotage and undermine the efforts of the current administration to the detriment of all Americans purely for political purposes?

and if so...

2. Who are they and what specifically do you think they do in their efforts to sabotage?

A great thread topic; this is a discussion that needs to happen. Here are my answers, along with some other related thoughts.

1. Yes, I do and agree with Plymco that such behavior is unacceptable. I do not want our country to fail either. I would prefer politicians put their country before their own interests of power and control and implement policies which help us succeed. I have disagreed with policies Obama has implemented or tried to implement because I see them as not helping our country succeed. I have done the same for Bush.
  2. Both sides, Democrats and Republicans, and those in between are guilty of obstructionist policies. The political divide seems to be getting bigger which is a root reason our country is continuing to fail. I'm not talking about an overall "policy" divide, but a divide of not listening to each other honestly. Pride, narcissism, etc. in our politicians are fueled by the increased power of government. The more pride (I’m talking about the “bad” pride, such as unwillingness to admit when one is in the wrong) they have the more unwilling they are to concede and work together on issues. Their pride fuels them to “win” at all cost, even to the distortion of facts, or only providing the facts that support their position. That is how each side really undermines each other. As far as who are “they”, I would say most politicians are this way to varying degrees. For the voters, many are the same way with their “pride” and will put party first and not admit when “their side” is wrong.

Another aspect of this that I have thought about for some time is that politicians like to do what is easiest to “move the masses” to their side. It is much easier to do this by demonizing their opponent. If they can drag their opponent down and put the focus on the other sides’ negative aspects, they can invoke emotion in voters not to vote for the other side. I am deeply saddened when any politician does this and I absolutely abhor it. We the people are really to blame. There are too many Americans that have let “our side” convince us that theirs is the only path for success and pride gets in the way of even listening openly and honestly to the other side. Too many listen to the demonizing of the other side such that they become convinced there is not point in even listening to the other side. What is sad is that this makes the divide even greater and the larger this divide becomes, the harder it is to bridge it.

I believe the root reason for our failures is that our pride and selfishness gets in the way of working together for real success. We are human and have always had this problem. The issue with this I think is larger today because there seems to be a higher level of pride, arrogance, narcissism and selfishness in society and particularly politicians. One of the solutions I think is to give the government less power. If we decrease politicians’ power, we decrease lobbyists’ incentives, and we reduce the “fuel” for politicians’ arrogance and pride which creates the division among our politicians.

As Franklin once said: “We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”

Well, it doesn't help when people vote the same asshats into office over an over and over and over and over... Byrd's a primary example. Forget about the man.. the simple fact that a 90+ yo feeble is still getting elected boggles the mind.

Serious question? No, just making a point.

Business leaders can lead this country as well (if not better) than career politicians. TM made the preposterous insinuation that business leaders have no place in Congress, yet, many politicians are, in fact, business leaders.

What we need in Congress are a few single moms, and maybe a few enlisted men, a few students, a few working class men and women etc. etc. etc.

What we need to kick out of Congress are the lobbyists and those who profit from lobbyists.

Immie

Business people are NO better than any other type of American.

There is NO reason to hire them for the job than any other American.

They are not gods , they are merely people

No, they are not gods nor are they any better or worse than the Democrat gods you worship.

Immie

You are the one who feels the need to worship something, I worship nothing.

Tell me how pointing out the cold hard facts about the republican party is worshiping anything?

and if so...

How is fucking with elections not a perfect fit for this subject?

Seriously... WTF? You really need to lay off the drug use... you make no fucking sense whatsoever. Are you retarded? Maybe that's it.

In an Aug. 13 memo the court made public Friday, Kris Wolfe, the Republican National Committee Midwest political director, wrote Lanny Griffith, the committee's Southern political director, and said of the Louisiana campaigning:

"I know this race is really important to you. I would guess that this program will eliminate at least 60-80,000 folks from the rolls. . . . If it's a close race . . . which I'm assuming it is, this could keep the black vote down considerably."

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-10-25/news/mn-7435_1_republican-national-committee

Last edited:
My house needs some touchup trim painting...it's peeling.

I hope that the furnace catches on fire and burns down the house so that I can have a new house built with perfectly painted trim.

The republicans have done these things in every elelction for decades.

They will do it this election too.

They get caught afterwards and then it takes years to get anything done about it.

The news never reports on it and they get slapped on the hand.

They get caught afterwards and then it takes years to get anything done about it.

Do you think its only the republicans screwing with voting roles and peforming voter intimidation?

Shariz Shabazz would disprove you if you actually beleive its only republicans.

Says Truthmatters after taking her dementia meds. Liberal media passing up a chance to slam Republicans? Not likely. Fail. Up the doseage TM.

Ah, sweetie, START A THREAD, and we'll argue this.

you are going to argue a 1986 LA times article with that? Good Luck.

This fits right in with the party over country theme and you all know it.

You just want to pretend the republican party is not the party of cheating assholes.

The evidence is overwhelming that the republicans have put party over country for decades.

I just hope our assholes can cheat better than your assholes cause I don't like your assholes standing at the polling places with weapons in their hands. don't you have some dead people to warm up or something?

how did that case turn out willow?

guess what , not one person came forward and said they did not vote because those guys were standing outside.

Now do you have any Idea how many legal voters were kept from voting in the Florida felons list case?

Then tell us why this does not get reported on the tube?

A. It is not news.
B. It is not founded in truth.
C. The "tube" knows conspiracy theorists don't buy their sponsors products.
D. Nobody gives a crap what you think.
E. All of the above.

guess what , not one person came forward and said they did not vote because those guys were standing outside.

Now do you have any Idea how many legal voters were kept from voting in the Florida felons list case?

The thugs used indimidation of their neighbors. Only you would be so stupid as to miss that.

The thugs used indimidation of their neighbors. Only you would be so stupid as to miss that.

To her, intent only matters when it is the intent of the Republican Party, just as truth only matters when it is truth as seen through the eyes of her Democratic gods.

Immie

Florida Central Voter File - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James Lee's testimony
On 17 April, 2001, James Lee testified, before the McKinney panel, that the state had given DBT the directive to add to the purge list people who matched at least 90% of a last name. DBT objected, knowing that this would produce a huge number of false positives (non-felons).[7]

Lee went on saying that the state then ordered DBT to shift to an even lower threshold of 80% match, allowing also names to be reversed (thus a person named Thomas Clarence could be taken to be the same as Clarence Thomas). Besides this, middle initials were skipped, Jr. and Sr. suffixes dropped, and some nicknames and aliases were added to puff up the list.

This was the list the republican party asked him for.

This list was designed to keep Democratic voters off the roles to win an election, It worked.

Tell me a case were democratic manuvers changed an election?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back