#FamilyIsEverything!

It is disqualifyingly hypocritical for one who pays taxes to a government that makes decisions of life and death all over the world to criticize a woman who has to make a choice.
Once again, you belittle women, and deny them agency. They do not "HAVE" to make a choice. They already willingly made it when they spread their legs. Quit trying to turn free people into victims in order to justify their willing decision to kill their offspring, in trade for the promise of a better life for themselves...
They already willingly made it when they spread their legs

willingly ... made it

no, they do not physiologically make that decision, it is out of their physical control to manifest the desired outcome but willingly do so by their intent and have done so for centuries. and modern medicine makes it a practicality woman do consider in their daily lives.

Unless raped, they were willing. And the consequence of sex is known. That's what sex is for.

See Dude... That's where you and your high horse are just plain wrong.

As evidenced by the profitability of the American Abortion Industry, there simply must be a plethora of clueless people out there teaching themselves how to fuck by trial and error.

Education. Education. Education...

Y'all know the drill.

:coffee:
"Must be, eh? Riiiight! Just gotta be, cuz if not... The point you thought you were making rings hollow....

How so? If that's true, then all of the political whining done about the abortion industry is just so much political whining.

Either the American Abortion Industry is an embarrassment or it's not. If it is it MUST be a testament to the lack of education OR the stupidity of America's youth and I simply refuse to believe that there are enough Americans who're so stupid as to float the profits to be found in the abortion racket, in spite of having a high school education.

The only conclusion is that sex education is NOT being taught effectively in the USA.
I disagree. What isn't being taught is "parenting". In its place people are being educated as to how they can dodge this responsibilty, at the cost of their child. Even pressured to do so with the tenuous promise of a better life for themselves, with their child's life being the cost of the "raffle ticket". And in some cases... Even worse... They convince the mother that the child is better off dead, because she isn't wealthy enough. Which is nothing more than an attempt to deprive the would be mother of agency, and therefore responsibility regarding the choice she willingly makes.

All I'm saying is that if she (and he) have a better education they might choose differently and cost an abortion clinic a sale.

If enough of them make a wiser choice and deprive an abortion doc of a house on the beach, I'm o.k. with that.

You aren't all bad for a talking monkey, but then again you aren't all good for a talking monkey either.

I'm not a talking monkey.

I'm a talking dog.

I talk and the Monkey types.

And damned if I didn't get stuck with a slow one!

:flirtysmile4:
No. You are definitely a talking monkey. Be proud of your heritage. I know this because I am reading the words YOU typed. It's a good thing I am a slow one for your sake. ;)

Why do you believe Margaret Sanger wouldn’t allow abortions in her clinic? Which one do you believe she thought was worse? And she was a woman.

It is disqualifyingly hypocritical for one who pays taxes to a government that makes decisions of life and death all over the world to criticize a woman who has to make a choice.

Are you arguing two wrongs make a right?

Hypocrisy neutralizes argumentation.
Lack of wisdom nullifies learning.
Now you are rationalizing that it is good and just to argue that two wrongs makes a right. There is no hypocrisy in it is wrong to end a human life. This is especially true when it is being done for selfish reasons. So there can be no neutralization of this argument. It is your lack of wisdom which is preventing you from learning that human life is sacred. It is your lack of wisdom that allows you to rationalize that if one wrong is done it is not moral and just to do another wrong. It is your lack of wisdom that prevents you from learning that two wrongs makes a right.

Last edited:
Forcing a woman to have a baby is worse.
No one forces a woman to have a baby. Such a statement is belittling to women. Their pregnancy is a result of a decision they made. To suggest that someone has forced them; is to remove agency from these women, suggesting that they have no control over their own actions; like animals. Quite derogatory, really...

We must not forbid women to control their own bodies. We must also not forbid accurate information. Abortion is a terrible solution and mostly avoidable. Forcing a woman to have a baby is worse.
There, the complete post, unedited for distortion.
Your last line is the turd in the punchbowl. And pretty much dismisses the previous contribution. You said it. You own it...

For what it's worth, doing what you did to the quoted text here is technically a no-no. The correct way to post what you wanted would have been to highlight the line you were responding to.
I'm going to call bullshit on that Joe. He didn't alter the quote. He quoted the last line. You did the exact same thing to me in your reply to me in post #36.

upload_2018-12-15_18-1-23.png

upload_2018-12-15_18-0-42.png

No one forces a woman to have a baby. Such a statement is belittling to women. Their pregnancy is a result of a decision they made. To suggest that someone has forced them; is to remove agency from these women, suggesting that they have no control over their own actions; like animals. Quite derogatory, really...

We must not forbid women to control their own bodies. We must also not forbid accurate information. Abortion is a terrible solution and mostly avoidable. Forcing a woman to have a baby is worse.
Your last line is the turd in the punchbowl. And pretty much dismisses the previous contribution. You said it. You own it...

For what it's worth, doing what you did to the quoted text here is technically a no-no. The correct way to post what you wanted would have been to highlight the line you were responding to.

For what it's worth... I quoted you. And offered specifically the quote to which I was referring. Deal with it. Your words weren't misrepresented, or altered.

Um... No. You quoted there4eyeM and edited his post in such a way that it altered the context of his words.

My role in this is as a USMB Moderator taking a short time out for a coaching moment.

Savvy?
I see what you're looking for...
Did you alter his quote? Or did you quote the part you were responding to?

For what it's worth... I quoted you. And offered specifically the quote to which I was referring. Deal with it. Your words weren't misrepresented, or altered.

Um... No. You quoted there4eyeM and edited his post in such a way that it altered the context of his words.

My role in this is as a USMB Moderator taking a short time out for a coaching moment.

Savvy?
I see what you're looking for...
Did you alter his quote? Or did you quote the part you were responding to?
No. And my post was squarely within the posting guidelines.
"
  • Editing quotes. You may selectively quote, provided that it does not change the context or meaning of the quote. When you comment on the quote, do it outside of the quote box. Do not post inside of the quote box or alter the member names in "link-back" text.."
Nothing I did altered the meaning of the posters words. But specifically addressed them.

The enemies expose themselves.
Because I disagree with you?

Growth filled communities explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth. Diversity of thought is critical to that process. Honest men can have honest differences of opinion and should not be afraid of expressing them for fear of being called enemies.

The enemies expose themselves.
Because I disagree with you?

Growth filled communities explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth. Diversity of thought is critical to that process. Honest men can have honest differences of opinion and should not be afraid of expressing them for fear of being called enemies.

Honest men can have honest differences of opinion and should not be afraid of expressing them for fear of being called enemies.

upload_2018-12-15_23-4-28.jpeg

you have a skewed sense of history christian, when it suits your purpose.

Belittling women is impossible. They can not be made "little". One may say things that display a disparaging attitude towards men's sisters, but that sex is indomitable, invincible and able. What and who would disable them is an enemy.
What and who would disable them is an enemy.

Evolution is all about blood (DNA). The Evolutionary Concept shared by all life is one of pushing it's own DNA up the Timeline through procreation and varying levels of care for the spawn. This concept is consummately displayed by the semi-Sentient Monkeys of Earth. Hash-tag "Family is EVERYTHING!"

The concept of Evolution predicts that Sentience will come crawling out of a dog-eat-dog jungle where the one trait shared by ALL of the creatures who're learning their place on The Timeline is a strong focus on procreation, coupled with a fierce loyalty to family and the willingness to promote and protect one's own blood, in open competition with other individuals, families and nations. History more than proves this prediction.

The willingness of the races to protect and promote their own at the expense of other races is also predicted by the concept of Evolution. Historic proof? You bet your darker-than-khaki ass!

On a living path to Sentience, religion is a tool that Evolution uses to teach the value of cooperation, and the Evolutionary Concept predicts that humans organized around religion WILL fight to the death both each other, and humans organized for other reasons. History once again proves The Concept.

Religion is not in competition with Evolution..... Religion is just one of many tools that Evolution uses to build a Sentient World out of a living planet. This is why the concept of Evolution doesn't change, even as our understanding of it does; and Religious Truth is subject to popular opinion and can change without notice.

What say we put the ancient Arab God Stories in to proper perspective, stop warring over the past and things where proof is impossible*, and drive this fucker back to The Stars?

:popcorn:

*Impossible Proof: Anything that requires 'Faith' to believe.

`

So Evolution itself is sentient, and uses Religion like a tool at its disposal.

Wow, what a finely tuned fairy tale that is.....whoa. LOL

which has zero to do with the animal kingdom.....~S~
Well, that may be so, but it has everything to do with family being everything to those Americans who engage in family training through their churches, a legacy left to us by our pilgrim ancestors who landed at Plymouth rock, seeking asylum from severe religious persecution that drove them away from parts the old world.

I like the way Joe introduced this topic of family being everything. When I got an embroidery machine one Christmas, I made all kinds of decorations on clothings. My favorite skirt for at least a decade was blue with white flowers and sayings on it. One said "family forever," and when I saw Joe's topic, that old skirt was the first thing I thought of, because I adored my kids and husband. I had a cinderella world until the day he died. Where did 44 years go? It all just seemed so short and precious when I thought it over.

Family IS everything. The odds of success, both personal, with regards to our own short ride on this Timeline, and Evolutionary, keeping our own DNA cascading up the Timeline, decrease exponentially without Family. Family is our first and last security. Just ask any orphaned child or neglected senior.

It's the political understanding of the security of family that will save this planet from itself and birth a Sentient World from a living planet one day soon.

The first generation to understand the concepts of 'Survival of The Species' and 'The Human Family' gets video streams of their grand kids exploring the stars.

Family rocks :rock:

Meh.

If you're a family of Neanderthals than the Sentient Evolution god has already decided your road is finished, pal. Then your family doesn't matter. Then you might as well eat each other, sacrifice each other, whatevs. Your raison d'etre is through, says Sentient Evolution. Bye bye.

Then back to "Survival of the Fittest", but none of you are fit, so maybe your whole family is, I don't know, kindling for the Homo Sapiens.

They're your rules. *shrug*

Belittling women is impossible. They can not be made "little". One may say things that display a disparaging attitude towards men's sisters, but that sex is indomitable, invincible and able. What and who would disable them is an enemy.
What and who would disable them is an enemy.
Then you must believe you are the enemy of the unborn child, right?

Evolution is all about blood (DNA). The Evolutionary Concept shared by all life is one of pushing it's own DNA up the Timeline through procreation and varying levels of care for the spawn. This concept is consummately displayed by the semi-Sentient Monkeys of Earth. Hash-tag "Family is EVERYTHING!"

The concept of Evolution predicts that Sentience will come crawling out of a dog-eat-dog jungle where the one trait shared by ALL of the creatures who're learning their place on The Timeline is a strong focus on procreation, coupled with a fierce loyalty to family and the willingness to promote and protect one's own blood, in open competition with other individuals, families and nations. History more than proves this prediction.

The willingness of the races to protect and promote their own at the expense of other races is also predicted by the concept of Evolution. Historic proof? You bet your darker-than-khaki ass!

On a living path to Sentience, religion is a tool that Evolution uses to teach the value of cooperation, and the Evolutionary Concept predicts that humans organized around religion WILL fight to the death both each other, and humans organized for other reasons. History once again proves The Concept.

Religion is not in competition with Evolution..... Religion is just one of many tools that Evolution uses to build a Sentient World out of a living planet. This is why the concept of Evolution doesn't change, even as our understanding of it does; and Religious Truth is subject to popular opinion and can change without notice.

What say we put the ancient Arab God Stories in to proper perspective, stop warring over the past and things where proof is impossible*, and drive this fucker back to The Stars?

`

Nope.

Evolution is a process. Religion is a tool of that process. The process itself need not be Sentient, it need only follow rules.

Given a living planet and enough Time and luck, Sentience is a product of Evolution.

Life is a chemical reaction playing out over Time.

which has zero to do with the animal kingdom.....~S~
Well, that may be so, but it has everything to do with family being everything to those Americans who engage in family training through their churches, a legacy left to us by our pilgrim ancestors who landed at Plymouth rock, seeking asylum from severe religious persecution that drove them away from parts the old world.

I like the way Joe introduced this topic of family being everything. When I got an embroidery machine one Christmas, I made all kinds of decorations on clothings. My favorite skirt for at least a decade was blue with white flowers and sayings on it. One said "family forever," and when I saw Joe's topic, that old skirt was the first thing I thought of, because I adored my kids and husband. I had a cinderella world until the day he died. Where did 44 years go? It all just seemed so short and precious when I thought it over.

Family IS everything. The odds of success, both personal, with regards to our own short ride on this Timeline, and Evolutionary, keeping our own DNA cascading up the Timeline, decrease exponentially without Family. Family is our first and last security. Just ask any orphaned child or neglected senior.

It's the political understanding of the security of family that will save this planet from itself and birth a Sentient World from a living planet one day soon.

The first generation to understand the concepts of 'Survival of The Species' and 'The Human Family' gets video streams of their grand kids exploring the stars.

Family rocks :rock:

Meh.

If you're a family of Neanderthals than the Sentient Evolution god has already decided your road is finished, pal. Then your family doesn't matter. Then you might as well eat each other, sacrifice each other, whatevs. Your raison d'etre is through, says Sentient Evolution. Bye bye.

Then back to "Survival of the Fittest", but none of you are fit, so maybe your whole family is, I don't know, kindling for the Homo Sapiens.

They're your rules. *shrug*

It's not like I invented them....

My job is to observe, report and explain.

`

Nope.

Evolution is a process. Religion is a tool of that process. The process itself need not be Sentient, it need only follow rules.

Given a living planet and enough Time and luck, Sentience is a product of Evolution.

So is it fair to say you are a materialist; that sentience only proceeded from the material world?

`

Nope.

So is it fair to say you are a materialist; that sentience only proceeded from the material world?
Lots of animals are sentient. It's part of nature.

`

Nope.

Yes, the distinction is did the material world proceed from spirit.

That's the question. But let's keep that in the other thread. I only asked Joe here because he brought up sentience and I wanted to understood what he believed.

`

Nope.

Yes, the distinction is did the material world proceed from spirit.

That's the question.
Building shelter was a survival instinct. So is building other shit to make money and survive. And potentially attract a good mate...

Forum List

Back