#FamilyIsEverything!

But I find your argument that women are getting pregnant because they are ignorant to be less than plausible.

:1041: I never said that.

I never specifically said "unwanted pregnancies and therefore abortions could easily be reduced through education" either, but anyone reading this thread will know that that IS what I was implying. Not the bullshit that you are trying to spin.

Your twisting of words in an attempt to paint me as misogynistic to be bullshit that needs to be called out.

My bad. What exactly is your objective of education then?

Because it sure seemed like we were discussing reducing abortions.

To educate!

To give human spawn the information they need to make better decisions and life choices.

I oppose industrialized abortion. But even with America's Abortion Industry grinding away for the last 40+ years, I see PLENTY of kids and young adults with no business having kids of their own.

These kids aren't stupid, they lack only an effective education about the choices they face and the consequences of those choices.
So I didn't misunderstand you then.

So what critical piece of education is missing?

You know... the ah ha moment?

What say we put the ancient Arab God Stories in to proper perspective, stop warring over the past and things where proof is impossible*, and drive this fucker back to The Stars?
:popcorn:
What exactly would you like to drive back to the stars?

Ass-U-Me-ing the goal of Evolution is to spawn a Sentient life form capable of exploring the stars, I want to drive us to the stars.

We, The Peeps.

Monkeys.

Earthlings.

Momma's little bastards.

Humanity.

If Momma's little bastards have a Father, His name is Time. Given enough Time and Luck, life can evolve past 'intelligent' and reach true Sentience, and Sentience explores the stars.

For the Rocket Scientists in the room: Life + Luck x Evolution / Time = Sentience

It is from Star Stuff that We are born.... I envision Future Earth a truly Sentient World. At peace with itself and exploring the stars.

Are the rest of you not just itching to explore it all?

:spinner:

Sounds kind of religious to me.

Really? :eusa_eh:

Cool!

:thup: A discussion in Religion & Ethics was kind of the goal here.
Well atheism is a religion, so there's that.

It is to people who believe it's a religion.

Religion, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

To me, 'Religion' is something practiced every day.

When I behold 21st Century America, I don't see a religious nation and I certainly don't see a Christian Nation.

Other people have different parameters for what is and is not 'religion', but in the realm of opinion, there are no wrong answers.

But I find your argument that women are getting pregnant because they are ignorant to be less than plausible.

I never specifically said "unwanted pregnancies and therefore abortions could easily be reduced through education" either, but anyone reading this thread will know that that IS what I was implying. Not the bullshit that you are trying to spin.

Your twisting of words in an attempt to paint me as misogynistic to be bullshit that needs to be called out.

To educate!

To give human spawn the information they need to make better decisions and life choices.

I oppose industrialized abortion. But even with America's Abortion Industry grinding away for the last 40+ years, I see PLENTY of kids and young adults with no business having kids of their own.

These kids aren't stupid, they lack only an effective education about the choices they face and the consequences of those choices.

Specifically toward the curtailment of the abortion industry, dollars should be pushed toward effective sex education.

And I'm talking on a macro level. big picture. The 'ah ha' moment is different for everyone. Individuality needs to be respected.

What say we put the ancient Arab God Stories in to proper perspective, stop warring over the past and things where proof is impossible*, and drive this fucker back to The Stars?

Ass-U-Me-ing the goal of Evolution is to spawn a Sentient life form capable of exploring the stars, I want to drive us to the stars.

We, The Peeps.

Monkeys.

Earthlings.

Momma's little bastards.

Humanity.

If Momma's little bastards have a Father, His name is Time. Given enough Time and Luck, life can evolve past 'intelligent' and reach true Sentience, and Sentience explores the stars.

For the Rocket Scientists in the room: Life + Luck x Evolution / Time = Sentience

It is from Star Stuff that We are born.... I envision Future Earth a truly Sentient World. At peace with itself and exploring the stars.

Cool!

No. It isn’t...

We, The Peeps.

Monkeys.

Earthlings.

Momma's little bastards.

Humanity.

Cool!

No. It isn’t...
I was just trying to make Joe feel at home.

We, The Peeps.

Monkeys.

Earthlings.

Momma's little bastards.

Humanity.

Cool!

When I behold 21st Century America, I don't see a religious nation and I certainly don't see a Christian Nation.

Other people have different parameters for what is and is not 'religion', but in the realm of opinion, there are no wrong answers.
I tend to look at the behaviors because it is the behaviors which tell you what someone really believes.

To educate!

Specifically toward the curtailment of the abortion industry, dollars should be pushed toward effective sex education.

And I'm talking on a macro level. big picture. The 'ah ha' moment is different for everyone. Individuality needs to be respected.
So on a macro level can you give me an example of what you think would be effective and why you believe that message isn't already being taught?

To educate!

I actually appreciate your sentiment here, Joe.

It would be good if we could reduce the number of abortions, but I doubt very seriously that they would ever teach the information that would make a difference. And yes, there is an ah ha moment. They just don't have the appetite for teaching it.

We, The Peeps.

Monkeys.

Earthlings.

Momma's little bastards.

Humanity.

Cool!

I tend to look at the behaviors because it is the behaviors which tell you what someone really believes.

:iagree:
Behavior.... Practiced daily.... Same page as far as I'm concerned.

Everyone in possession of an attitude gets to judge every other attitude on the planet, and there is absolutely no requirement to be good at it.

`

We, The Peeps.

Monkeys.

Earthlings.

Momma's little bastards.

Humanity.

Cool!

:iagree:
Behavior.... Practiced daily.... Same page as far as I'm concerned.

Everyone in possession of an attitude gets to judge every other attitude on the planet, and there is absolutely no requirement to be good at it.

`
And believe me they do. They just don't do so objectively. At least most don't, most of the time. Although almost all of us are guilty of it some of the time. Present company not excluded. :wink:

To educate!

So on a macro level can you give me an example of what you think would be effective and why you believe that message isn't already being taught?

I don't have all the answers, and I don't believe that a 'one-size-fits-all' answer for every locality exists.

That's the point of a macro view of things. Understanding that solutions will vary and I don't have to agree with all of them to support funding the program.

As far as evidence of a need for more effective sexual education goes, I cite only the American Abortion Industry and all the political brew-ha-ha that it continues to generate for the purpose of this discussion, and that is enough, in my humble opinion.

We must not forbid women to control their own bodies. We must also not forbid accurate information. Abortion is a terrible solution and mostly avoidable. Forcing a woman to have a baby is worse.

To educate!

It would be good if we could reduce the number of abortions, but I doubt very seriously that they would ever teach the information that would make a difference. And yes, there is an ah ha moment. They just don't have the appetite for teaching it.

Please hold your calls, ladies and gentlemen!

We have a winner!!!

:thewave:

This is precisely the change required for success!

To educate!

I don't have all the answers, and I don't believe that a 'one-size-fits-all' answer for every locality exists.

That's the point of a macro view of things. Understanding that solutions will vary and I don't have to agree with all of them to support funding the program.

As far as evidence of a need for more effective sexual education goes, I cite only the American Abortion Industry and all the political brew-ha-ha that it continues to generate for the purpose of this discussion, and that is enough, in my humble opinion.
I would think they should emphasize that at conception a human life has been created. A very specific human life. Just like you and I. One that has never existed before and will never exist again. That abortion is designed to end the life of that very specific person. So rather than being responsible for ending that very specific human life, take precautions so that you don't find yourself in that position. The best being, abstain from it until you are ready for it.

Did you know that Margaret Sanger was totally against abortion? She wouldn't allow it in her clinics.

To educate!

Please hold your calls, ladies and gentlemen!

We have a winner!!!

:thewave:

This is precisely the change required for success!
You might want to hold that thought. I would be showing aftermath pictures of a D&E. Do you know what that is and what that entails? It's pretty fuccking gruesome. Something like ten percent of the abortions are done that way. I would outlaw it in a heartbeat.

The hypocrisy of talking and acting as if we, in society, are not constantly making choices that result some living and some not reveals the nature of those who oppose a woman's right to something so intimate.
Abortion is the worst form of birth control.
Repression of women represents the worst of human society.
Fully informed women would doubtlessly result in fewer abortions.
Fully informed societies would result in fewer wars and less violence.
What we need to be arguing for is more important that what some are arguing against.

Forcing a woman to have a baby is worse.
No one forces a woman to have a baby. Such a statement is belittling to women. Their pregnancy is a result of a decision they made. To suggest that someone has forced them; is to remove agency from these women, suggesting that they have no control over their own actions; like animals. Quite derogatory, really...

We must not forbid women to control their own bodies. We must also not forbid accurate information. Abortion is a terrible solution and mostly avoidable. Forcing a woman to have a baby is worse.
There, the complete post, unedited for distortion.

There, the complete post, unedited for distortion.
Your last line is the turd in the punchbowl. And pretty much dismisses the previous contribution. You said it. You own it...

Forum List

Back