#FamilyIsEverything!

So Evolution itself is sentient, and uses Religion like a tool at its disposal.

Wow, what a finely tuned fairy tale that is.....whoa. LOL

Nope.

Evolution is a process. Religion is a tool of that process. The process itself need not be Sentient, it need only follow rules.

Given a living planet and enough Time and luck, Sentience is a product of Evolution.

Life is a chemical reaction playing out over Time.
So is it fair to say you are a materialist; that sentience only proceeded from the material world?
Lots of animals are sentient. It's part of nature.
Yes, the distinction is did the material world proceed from spirit.

That's the question.
Building shelter was a survival instinct. So is building other shit to make money and survive. And potentially attract a good mate...
Still not what I was asking. But it's cool. Let's not derail Joe's thread.

Evolution is all about blood (DNA). The Evolutionary Concept shared by all life is one of pushing it's own DNA up the Timeline through procreation and varying levels of care for the spawn. This concept is consummately displayed by the semi-Sentient Monkeys of Earth. Hash-tag "Family is EVERYTHING!"

The concept of Evolution predicts that Sentience will come crawling out of a dog-eat-dog jungle where the one trait shared by ALL of the creatures who're learning their place on The Timeline is a strong focus on procreation, coupled with a fierce loyalty to family and the willingness to promote and protect one's own blood, in open competition with other individuals, families and nations. History more than proves this prediction.

The willingness of the races to protect and promote their own at the expense of other races is also predicted by the concept of Evolution. Historic proof? You bet your darker-than-khaki ass!

On a living path to Sentience, religion is a tool that Evolution uses to teach the value of cooperation, and the Evolutionary Concept predicts that humans organized around religion WILL fight to the death both each other, and humans organized for other reasons. History once again proves The Concept.

Religion is not in competition with Evolution..... Religion is just one of many tools that Evolution uses to build a Sentient World out of a living planet. This is why the concept of Evolution doesn't change, even as our understanding of it does; and Religious Truth is subject to popular opinion and can change without notice.

What say we put the ancient Arab God Stories in to proper perspective, stop warring over the past and things where proof is impossible*, and drive this fucker back to The Stars?
:popcorn:
*Impossible Proof: Anything that requires 'Faith' to believe.`

Nope.

Evolution is a process. Religion is a tool of that process. The process itself need not be Sentient, it need only follow rules.

Given a living planet and enough Time and luck, Sentience is a product of Evolution.

So is it fair to say you are a materialist; that sentience only proceeded from the material world?

That's the question. But let's keep that in the other thread. I only asked Joe here because he brought up sentience and I wanted to understood what he believed.
Quote:
Yes, the distinction is did the material world proceed from spirit. That's the question.
Well, Mr. Ding, considering that 99% of people in the world want something for nothing, it could be that from something as invisible as spirit would produce something real, including the material world. And often those wanting something for nothing get it.. :coffee:

Nope.

That's the question. But let's keep that in the other thread. I only asked Joe here because he brought up sentience and I wanted to understood what he believed.
Quote:
Yes, the distinction is did the material world proceed from spirit. That's the question.
Well, Mr. Ding, considering that 99% of people in the world want something for nothing, it could be that from something as invisible as spirit would produce something real, including the material world. And often those wanting something for nothing get it.. :coffee:
I agree. :smile:

Assuming of course they get nothing and not something.

Nope.

Quote:
I agree. :smile:

Assuming of course they get nothing and not something.
Quote: I agree. :smile: Assuming of course they get nothing and not something.
And I agree with you. :) Because it is evident that something given is often absolutely nothing to the recipient. And that happens in the best of families. *sigh*​

Evolution is all about blood (DNA). The Evolutionary Concept shared by all life is one of pushing it's own DNA up the Timeline through procreation and varying levels of care for the spawn. This concept is consummately displayed by the semi-Sentient Monkeys of Earth. Hash-tag "Family is EVERYTHING!"

The concept of Evolution predicts that Sentience will come crawling out of a dog-eat-dog jungle where the one trait shared by ALL of the creatures who're learning their place on The Timeline is a strong focus on procreation, coupled with a fierce loyalty to family and the willingness to promote and protect one's own blood, in open competition with other individuals, families and nations. History more than proves this prediction.

The willingness of the races to protect and promote their own at the expense of other races is also predicted by the concept of Evolution. Historic proof? You bet your darker-than-khaki ass!

On a living path to Sentience, religion is a tool that Evolution uses to teach the value of cooperation, and the Evolutionary Concept predicts that humans organized around religion WILL fight to the death both each other, and humans organized for other reasons. History once again proves The Concept.

Religion is not in competition with Evolution..... Religion is just one of many tools that Evolution uses to build a Sentient World out of a living planet. This is why the concept of Evolution doesn't change, even as our understanding of it does; and Religious Truth is subject to popular opinion and can change without notice.

What say we put the ancient Arab God Stories in to proper perspective, stop warring over the past and things where proof is impossible*, and drive this fucker back to The Stars?

*Impossible Proof: Anything that requires 'Faith' to believe.

`

Nope.

Wait--does it have "rules" or is it just a chemical reaction? Who made the rules?

You invoke an awful lot into Evolution and got caught doing it.

Since humans cannot exist outside a family or close equivalent, family could, at least poetically, be called everything.

`

Nope.

Your opinion is yours to shape, Bro. If using labels helps, I wish you luck, but I cannot relate to labeling and pigeon-holing people and ideas as an effective way to sort my thoughts.

Sentience is life that knows that it's alive and understands it will die. A Sentient World is one with evidence that survival of the species and their shared planet has replaced survival of the most fit as a general way of doing business among the dominate species.

`

Nope.

Your opinion is yours to shape, Bro. If using labels helps, I wish you luck, but I cannot relate to labeling and pigeon-holing people and ideas as an effective way to sort my thoughts.

Sentience is life that knows that it's alive and understands it will die. A Sentient World is one with evidence that survival of the species and their shared planet has replaced survival of the most fit as a general way of doing business among the dominate species.
It isn't a label, Joe. It is a foundational belief. Either you believe sentience existed before the material world or you don't. How is that a label? I used the "labels" as a matter of convenience.

Are you afraid to say what you believe? I'm not. I believe sentience existed before the material world. That the material world was created by sentience. I suspect you believe the exact opposite. Your reluctance to state your beliefs makes no sense to me.

`

Nope.

It isn't a label, Joe. It is a foundational belief. Either you believe sentience existed before the material world or you don't. How is that a label? I used the "labels" as a matter of convenience.

Are you afraid to say what you believe? I'm not. I believe sentience existed before the material world. That the material world was created by sentience. I suspect you believe the exact opposite. Your reluctance to state your beliefs makes no sense to me.
Not wishing to state one's beliefs makes more sense to me than telling all and then getting clobbered for doing so, ding. Some people prefer to hold their beliefs close to the chest on account of privacy concerns, or having experienced attacks from unsympathetic parties for saying things they'd rather not have wished in the first place. Seems to me respecting another's silence on matters he believes are confidential is not only okay, it avoids falling into a bottomless pit of someone else's disdain. I've seen people disrespectful of other's opinions flame them for next to nothing. One's heart deserves some guard in public arenas such as a political forum. Dignity deserves respect, whether it's someone older or younger than oneself. It makes for a good life and that fountain of joy one may find in doing good for others by not being too self-directed. Just call it part of AVG-JOE's charm, and let it go at that, and then, pat yourself on the back for giving him the same good vibes he sends others' way on a disciplined basis. You're just the kind of man with a good enough heart to do just that, I know it. :)

`

Nope.

Not wishing to state one's beliefs makes more sense to me than telling all and then getting clobbered for doing so, ding. Some people prefer to hold their beliefs close to the chest on account of privacy concerns, or having experienced attacks from unsympathetic parties for saying things they'd rather not have wished in the first place. Seems to me respecting another's silence on matters he believes are confidential is not only okay, it avoids falling into a bottomless pit of someone else's disdain. I've seen people disrespectful of other's opinions flame them for next to nothing. One's heart deserves some guard in public arenas such as a political forum. Dignity deserves respect, whether it's someone older or younger than oneself. It makes for a good life and that fountain of joy one may find in doing good for others by not being too self-directed. Just call it part of AVG-JOE's charm, and let it go at that, and then, pat yourself on the back for giving him the same good vibes he sends others' way on a disciplined basis. You're just the kind of man with a good enough heart to do just that, I know it. :)
I don't disagree with that. Thanks.

`

Nope.

Sentience isn't a 'thing' that appeared at a specific point on the Timeline, Sentience is an understanding that awakens in each and every one of us in the privacy of our own minds as we ride the Timeline toward adulthood.

Life does not require Sentience to thrive but without Life, Sentience has no platform on which to evolve.

My 'label' comment was a result of your question also asking me if I label myself as a "materialist", whatever that is. I can't answer that part because I can't relate to the concept.

`

Nope.

Sentience isn't a 'thing' that appeared at a specific point on the Timeline, Sentience is an understanding that awakens in each and every one of us in the privacy of our own minds as we ride the Timeline toward adulthood.

Life does not require Sentience to thrive but without Life, Sentience has no platform on which to evolve.

My 'label' comment was a result of your question also asking me if I label myself as a "materialist", whatever that is. I can't answer that part because I can't relate to the concept.
Let me try it this way then. Do you believe sentience only arose from biological life or do you believe sentience existed before biological life?

Ahhh.... That is a MUCH better question!

I believe that Sentience is a step beyond Intelligence in the Evolution of a living planet.

Is Sentience reserved for organic life only, or is spiritual life also capable of Sentience - a.k.a. "Do you believe in God?"

Ass-u-me-ing that this is the heart of your question, no.

I don't believe in God.

I believe in the possibility of God, and that is WAY more exciting and Way more scary.

I will also say that, ass-u-me-ing God, God is Sentient.

Also ass-u-me-ing God, I believe that God is WAY bigger than ALL of the ancient Arab stories so popular today, let alone any one of them; and, ass-u-me-ing God, He/She/It laughs at His/Her/It's semi-Sentient Monkeys and our collective devotion to those stories.

:popcorn: Very exciting Times!

I believe that Sentience is a step beyond Intelligence in the Evolution of a living planet.

Is Sentience reserved for organic life only, or is spiritual life also capable of Sentience - a.k.a. "Do you believe in God?"

I don't believe in God.

I believe in the possibility of God, and that is WAY more exciting and Way more scary.

Also ass-u-me-ing God, I believe that God is WAY bigger than ALL of the ancient Arab stories so popular today, let alone any one of them; and, ass-u-me-ing God, He/She/It laughs at His/Her/It's semi-Sentient Monkeys and our collective devotion to those stories.

It was always the same question but....

I agree that it will be a scary proposition to meet Him especially if he is only a logical God and not a logical and personal God.

I also agree that no human account of The Creator of existence could ever possibly do Him justice.

I can see that you watched Dogma. You have an idea instead of an ideal.

As to The Creator of existence laughing at His Creation... that doesn’t make logical sense. Although I do suspect The Creator of existence has one wicked sense of humor. Actually I know He does.

I don't believe in God.

You misspelled universe.

I don't believe in God.

You misspelled universe.
No he didn't.
He just spelled his way: f-a-m-I-l-y---I-s---e-v-e-r-y-t-h-I-n-g. :iyfyus.jpg:

Family is not important thing. It's everything..

A liberal would ooh and ahhh how the family of Racoons just saved their baby from certain death, but with a unborn child, they would say, "It is a woman's choice to kill that baby"..

Eagle+egg.jpg

"A liberal would ooh and ahhh how the family of Racoons just saved their baby from certain death, but with a unborn child, they would say, "It is a woman's choice to kill that baby"..

While conservatives would ooh and ahh at a new born white baby while laughing at babies being bombed in the middle east. Or laugh at putting them in cages in the USA.

Family is not important thing. It's everything..

A liberal would ooh and ahhh how the family of Racoons just saved their baby from certain death, but with a unborn child, they would say, "It is a woman's choice to kill that baby"..

Eagle+egg.jpg

"A liberal would ooh and ahhh how the family of Racoons just saved their baby from certain death, but with a unborn child, they would say, "It is a woman's choice to kill that baby"..

While conservatives would ooh and ahh at a new born white baby while laughing at babies being bombed in the middle east. Or laugh at putting them in cages in the USA.

Babies like Obama killed with his drones, or Hillary who started the Middle East on Fire with her killing of Kaddafi?

Sentient, meaning able to perceive/sense, does not necessarily mean sensible. Intelligence may have nothing to do with it. In fact, sentience is based on whether or not we perceive that it exists. We sense what senses.

I don't believe in God.

You misspelled universe.
No he didn't.
He just spelled his way: f-a-m-I-l-y---I-s---e-v-e-r-y-t-h-I-n-g. :iyfyus.jpg:
I was referring to “earth”

Forum List

Back