Family of Walter Scott tells Al Sharpton to keep his "circus" away from funeral

Only a fool cooperates with someone trying to harm them. I'm not going to stand there and let you shoot, shock, or hit me. African americans are not the only ones to run into this. Its any group the police fear. The police just happen to fear Black men more than anything else.
No cop is going to harm a black person who cooperates with him.
:laugh:

This cop was fired, I see. He is not the norm. He should be fired and there should be a settlement for the man that was hit.

Well you said no cop. There are plenty like him that have not been caught on film.

Only a fool cooperates with someone trying to harm them. I'm not going to stand there and let you shoot, shock, or hit me. African americans are not the only ones to run into this. Its any group the police fear. The police just happen to fear Black men more than anything else.
That is very dumb. If you're first option is to resist then that's your choice. So when you get hurt you blame the cop. Excellent. I am impressed.
My first option is for a cop to not bother me. My second option is to resist any cop attempting to harm me. Not really concerned about how impressed you are. Thats the last thing on my mind.
You are a marked man. With your attitude, I put you in the category of the infamous stupid Professor Gates. He locks himself out of his house and tries to break in his house. Mind you, he is breaking into a house...never mind if it is his. A neighbor sees only a man is breaking into the house and calls the police. A good citizen, right? The police come and possibly, I don't know with gun drawn approach the professor, who in turn doesn't laugh at the situation and explain that it is his house and proves it with his driver's license. No. It is a white cop so he get's all black chip on his shoulder and yells he is NOT going to show an ID to (a whitey for Christ's sake) the cop and starts with the "Yo Mama diatribe" like that makes his a real man when it makes him actually a real moron. No, the cracker cop didn't shock him...or shoot him but he sure as hell should have arrested him for just being a total jerk. Who in the hell acts like that? A black man with cause. Just like you. It could have been explained so easily if he just got his damned license out and asked the police officer to help him get in his house! But no, he was black and the cop was white. He had to be an ass about it.
Being Black makes you a marked man. I'm used to it. Part of the brainwashing used to convince whites that they were superior and to fear Black people. The neighbor saw a Black man and assumed he was breaking into the house using the very same sentiment you just ascribed to me. The white cops instead of assuming it was his home took the same stance as the socially programmed white neighbor who should have recognized Mr Gates if he was truly a neighbor. So both the neighbor and the cops were asses long before Gates was. See how that works?
Give me a break. THe police receive a call that a house is being broken into. (true!) The perp is black, 5'9" wearing a blue turtle neck, black slacks, assumed true (assumed true) The police arrive and do their job. Assume he is breaking in. Why would they assume, "Gee this could be his own house without any evidence?" You are a marked man because you are going to start a problem when there was no problem to start.

BS. You give me a break. The police shouldnt assume someone is breaking into a house just because someone says so unless they actually live in the house in question. What does the perps description have to do with anything? They would assume he was the rightful owner of the home because thats what he told them.

Al Sharpton commended the law enforcement officials for the way they were handling this.
IT is being handled exactly like it should be handled, by due process of law.

Had Walter Scott believed in due process of law, he would not be dead.

Sorry, but when a cop shoots a man in the back 5 times (after incompetently firing 8 rounds) for running, that is called murder.

Judge, Jury and Executioner.

I pray that the cop is given the death penalty.
If I was on the jury, what would make me vote guilty was the dropping of the taser next to the body. He was framing the victim.

This cop was fired, I see. He is not the norm. He should be fired and there should be a settlement for the man that was hit.

Well you said no cop. There are plenty like him that have not been caught on film.

That is very dumb. If you're first option is to resist then that's your choice. So when you get hurt you blame the cop. Excellent. I am impressed.
My first option is for a cop to not bother me. My second option is to resist any cop attempting to harm me. Not really concerned about how impressed you are. Thats the last thing on my mind.
You are a marked man. With your attitude, I put you in the category of the infamous stupid Professor Gates. He locks himself out of his house and tries to break in his house. Mind you, he is breaking into a house...never mind if it is his. A neighbor sees only a man is breaking into the house and calls the police. A good citizen, right? The police come and possibly, I don't know with gun drawn approach the professor, who in turn doesn't laugh at the situation and explain that it is his house and proves it with his driver's license. No. It is a white cop so he get's all black chip on his shoulder and yells he is NOT going to show an ID to (a whitey for Christ's sake) the cop and starts with the "Yo Mama diatribe" like that makes his a real man when it makes him actually a real moron. No, the cracker cop didn't shock him...or shoot him but he sure as hell should have arrested him for just being a total jerk. Who in the hell acts like that? A black man with cause. Just like you. It could have been explained so easily if he just got his damned license out and asked the police officer to help him get in his house! But no, he was black and the cop was white. He had to be an ass about it.
Being Black makes you a marked man. I'm used to it. Part of the brainwashing used to convince whites that they were superior and to fear Black people. The neighbor saw a Black man and assumed he was breaking into the house using the very same sentiment you just ascribed to me. The white cops instead of assuming it was his home took the same stance as the socially programmed white neighbor who should have recognized Mr Gates if he was truly a neighbor. So both the neighbor and the cops were asses long before Gates was. See how that works?
Give me a break. THe police receive a call that a house is being broken into. (true!) The perp is black, 5'9" wearing a blue turtle neck, black slacks, assumed true (assumed true) The police arrive and do their job. Assume he is breaking in. Why would they assume, "Gee this could be his own house without any evidence?" You are a marked man because you are going to start a problem when there was no problem to start.

BS. You give me a break. The police shouldnt assume someone is breaking into a house just because someone says so unless they actually live in the house in question. What does the perps description have to do with anything? They would assume he was the rightful owner of the home because thats what he told them.

When they drove up, he was still breaking into the house! He admits it! He was locked out! The caller described Gates and he fit the description. Tell me if the scenario was turned around and Gates was white, you'd say arrest the bastard!

Perps never lie, right? I can just see if someone was breaking into my house, the neighbors called the police and approached the man breaking in and he just said, this is my house and the cop said, OK, and left, There went my valuables and a lawsuit on the police you wouldn't believe. There wouldn't be a lawsuit because no cop would not say, let me see your id and it better have my address or he's going to be arrested. Stop acting the fool.

When they drove up, he was still breaking into the house! He admits it! He was locked out! The caller described Gates and he fit the description. Tell me if the scenario was turned around and Gates was white, you'd say arrest the bastard!

Only idiots break into homes in broad daylight and they are not the owners. Any cop worth his salt would have known that. The assumption until proven otherwise should have been that it was his home. Same holds true if the person was white. If that had been the case the police would never have been called. The neighbor would have helped him break into the home.

Only idiots break into homes in broad daylight and they are not the owners. Any cop worth his salt would have known that. The assumption until proven otherwise should have been that it was his home. Same holds true if the person was white. If that had been the case the police would never have been called. The neighbor would have helped him break into the home.

So, the cops should ignore calls about daylight crimes. Got it. Will let the police force know that.

The cops had a job to do. Follow up on calls. Gates had one job to do. Show his ID and the police would have been gone. No, he couldn't do that. He was black and the cop was white. He had to go Stupid Black on them.

So, the cops should ignore calls about daylight crimes. Got it. Will let the police force know that.

The cops had a job to do. Follow up on calls. Gates had one job to do. Show his ID and the police would have been gone. No, he couldn't do that. He was black and the cop was white. He had to go Stupid Black on them.
When you start using the word "so" to imply I said something I didnt say it lets me know you see your logic is failing.

Yes the cops have a job to do. Hassling elderly Black men is not one of them. Common sense should have prevailed on first sight of the supposed house breaking. The cops were dumb and probably passively if not overtly racist in their handling of the situation. Like I said before, If Gates were white this would have never happened.

Pastor Al was an accurate title when he actually pastured a church. I don't know that reverend Al was ever accurate.
Some pastors are reverant, others, not so much.
A common misuse of the language.
I hope he does as the family asks.

Tell me Asclepias, have you been involved in a racial riot yet?
Yes. Twice
There lies the problem between us. You are living in the past and blaming all whites for your lot in life...

I believe there are some whites that are bigots and they even get in jobs of police, but they are not as numerous as you believe. Who knows which of us is right? My experience with people of color has been positive. That is why you make me angry. And I would have guessed that none of the people I know who are Hispanic , black or whatever would want to do me harm or a police officer if they were stopped.

But I must admit that when I heard of "Reverend" Wright and his services, I was astonished. I never saw that evil in any of my relationships with people of color. And I thought I knew my black friends well. Then I decided it was a matter of class, except being a teacher in the inner city, many of the black parents I knew and was fond of were considered low class, but they were people of honor. You can write well, but now I know you, but I think you a fool. You are a racist, but my friends, I thought were not, nor the parents I dealt with. But would they burn down businesses of innocent people, throw bottles and stones at police officers only to call them when they need help?
You are coloring all police as racists and you know that is not true.

I haven't lived your life but common sense tells me you are blaming more people of being racist that really are.

Last edited:

When you start using the word "so" to imply I said something I didnt say it lets me know you see your logic is failing.

Yes the cops have a job to do. Hassling elderly Black men is not one of them. Common sense should have prevailed on first sight of the supposed house breaking. The cops were dumb and probably passively if not overtly racist in their handling of the situation. Like I said before, If Gates were white this would have never happened.
LOl, alright. Since it's daylight. the police should have gone up to the supposed perp and asked if they could help him.

Twice you have been a fool now. If someone is breaking ionto a house...two in the afternoon and he is green, the police have to go. They don't go up and say "Wha's happening bro!" They stop the action and the green man should explain he can't get into his house. Doesn't that sound normal? Not "Yo Mama..." Show him your %$#@*&^ ID and the police just might help. Wasn't ne arrested for causing a commotion? What a jerk! Show the damn ID.

Yes. Twice
There lies the problem between us. You are living in the past and blaming all whites for your lot in life...

I believe there are some whites that are bigots and they even get in jobs of police, but they are as numerous as you believe. Who knows which of us is right? My experience with people of color has been positive. That is why you make me angry. And I would have guessed that none of the people I know who are Hispanic , black or whatever would want to do me harm or a police officer if they were stopped.

But I must admit that when I heard of "Reverend" Wright and his services, I was astonished. I never saw that evil in any of my relationships with people of color. And I thought I knew my black friends well. Then I decided it was a matter of class, except being a teacher in the inner city, many of the black parents I knew and was fond of were considered low class, but they were people of honor. You can write well, but now I know you, but I think you a fool. You are a racist, but my friends, I thought were not, nor the parents I dealt with. But would they burn down businesses of innocent people, throw bottles and stones at police officers only to call them when they need help?

I haven't lived your life but common sense tells me you are blaming more people of being racist that really are.
I'm not living in the past just because I was involved in in 2 race riots. What makes you think that? No white person is responsible for my lot in life. The only person responsible for that is me.

Lots of bigoted whites get jobs as police. Just like lots of pedophiles get jobs where they have access to children. Trust me I am right on that as its not just personal experience its cops I know and part of my family. If you are a white person you have very little clue of how Blacks or Hispanics feel. Its the typical white blind spot most of you have. That does not necessarily make you personally a racist but it does make me think your anger at being wrong could lead you down that path. I'm not coloring all whites as racist. I only point out to myself those that prove their racist thoughts.

LOl, alright. Since it's daylight. the police should have gone up to the supposed perp and asked if they could help him.

Twice you have been a fool now. If someone is breaking ionto a house...two in the afternoon and he is green, the police have to go. They don't go up and say "Wha's happening bro!" They stop the action and the green man should explain he can't get into his house. Doesn't that sound normal? Not "Yo Mama..." Show him your %$#@*&^ ID and the police just might help. Wasn't ne arrested for causing a commotion? What a jerk! Show the damn ID.
No the police should have had the common sense to understand that thieves typically dont have chauffeurs They should have also realized and responded to the body language of someone that was righteously angry at being harassed. Getting PO'd because the old Black guy wasnt exactly in the mood to be harassed about getting into his own home was stupid.

Yes. Twice

I believe there are some whites that are bigots and they even get in jobs of police, but they are as numerous as you believe. Who knows which of us is right? My experience with people of color has been positive. That is why you make me angry. And I would have guessed that none of the people I know who are Hispanic , black or whatever would want to do me harm or a police officer if they were stopped.

I'm not living in the past just because I was involved in in 2 race riots. What makes you think that? No white person is responsible for my lot in life. The only person responsible for that is me.

Lots of bigoted whites get jobs as police. Just like lots of pedophiles get jobs where they have access to children. Trust me I am right on that as its not just personal experience its cops I know and part of my family. If you are a white person you have very little clue of how Blacks or Hispanics feel. Its the typical white blind spot most of you have. That does not necessarily make you personally a racist but it does make me think your anger at being wrong could lead you down that path. I'm not coloring all whites as racist. I only point out to myself those that prove their racist thoughts.

Something you have said is true. I am not black and haven't had the experiences you have had. Maybe some bigoted whites get jobs as police. HOw about bigoted blacks? Could that be true?

I never knew about "black churches" and black theology. That was scary. I took everyone I met the same and then I heard that anti white talk and it blew me away. Is that what they think of me because I am white? I thought we were friends!

Honestly, being in riots is scary and mob thinking. I see it as losing individual thought control and actions. It's a negative act and not useful for peaceful solutions.

No the police should have had the common sense to understand that thieves typically dont have chauffeurs They should have also realized and responded to the body language of someone that was righteously angry at being harassed. Getting PO'd because the old Black guy wasnt exactly in the mood to be harassed about getting into his own home was stupid.
Cannot agree with you. There was not a chauffeur when the police were there, The SWAT team didn't come rolling in...it was a couple of cops responding to a call. He wasn't being harrassed! He was asked for an ID! The one who was pissed off was Gates! He's a Cambridge Professor and starts with the "YO Mamma" talk which is not his own vernacular. What is he the Professor of? Check it out.

Yes. Twice

Something you have said is true. I am not black and haven't had the experiences you have had. Maybe some bigoted whites get jobs as police. HOw about bigoted blacks? Could that be true?

I never knew about "black churches" and black theology. That was scary. I took everyone I met the same and then I heard that anti white talk and it blew me away. Is that what they think of me because I am white? I thought we were friends!

Honestly, being in riots is scary and mob thinking. I see it as losing individual thought control and actions. It's a negative act and not useful for peaceful solutions.
Just like bigoted whites get jobs I'm pretty sure bigoted Blacks get jobs. The problem is that there are infinitely more bigoted white ones. In fact I have never heard of any bigoted Black ones. A few Mexican ones like my neighbor cant stand some whites.

Just like you never knew about Black churches and Black theology you are probably sheltered from the white churches and white theology. If you have friends that are Black I'm pretty sure they dont hate you. They may think you are naive but if you are actually their friends they dont hate you. I have a white god daughter and white friends and I dont hate them. I general I dont trust the white race and any new white person has many tests to go through before I trust them.

The two riots I was in was when I was in high school where it was the Mexicans against the Blacks. Kids are idiots at that age.

Cannot agree with you. There was not a chauffeur when the police were there, The SWAT team didn't come rolling in...it was a couple of cops responding to a call. He wasn't being harrassed! He was asked for an ID! The one who was pissed off was Gates! He's a Cambridge Professor and starts with the "YO Mamma" talk which is not his own vernacular. What is he the Professor of? Check it out.
Yes his driver was there and helping him get into the home. The call was about two men not one. I think your recollection of the facts is slightly skewed. He even showed his ID and was still arrested.

Henry Louis Gates Jr. Arrested Police Accused Of Racial Profiling

Last edited:

Yes his driver was there and helping him get into the home. The call was about two men not one. I think your recollection of the facts is slightly skewed. He even showed his ID and was still arrested.

So he had an accomplice! (That was meant to be funny.)

So he had an accomplice! (That was meant to be funny.)
Well, if I am right, he finally did show the ID but after a lot of commotion. That commotion finally lead the police to arrest him for disturbing the peace.

The good professor is full of himself. He's a "DO you know who I am? (Obviously they didn't know and didn't care as long as it was his house). He's an expert on African American studies. Which means he had a "black -white attitude from the beginning. He had a chip as big as a block.

Forum List

Back