Family of Walter Scott tells Al Sharpton to keep his "circus" away from funeral

I was sitting here thinking if my son was stopped for a traffic light and then ran from the police officer and survived the shooting, who would I go after first...the cop or my son. It would be my son. I'd ask why in the hell did you run? Did you rob a bank or what? And then after chastising my son at length and loudly, I would ask the police officer on what grounds did you have to shoot my son? What offense did he make? How was he endangering the city?

Then I would find my son was afraid he was speeding and his immaturity got the best of him, He thought he was going to get a ticket and ran. I would declare my son a walker until he m atured enough to handle the privilege of driving without getting killed.
What if your son told you that he has seen and heard of too many instances where cops shot people like him just because and thats why he ran?

I'd tell him not to give them a reason..Don't run!
They dont need a reason. Didnt you read my post?

Because there are avenues for those who are being assaulted to take their grievances to and get justice. Orchestrating riots is not one of the means of getting justice.
Those avenues dont work nor have they ever worked.
So you want riots, looting and burning if businesses? How small of you! You should be on tv telling people, not just blacks but everyone to video police stops to get the bad cops off the force. Start a movement, not the breaking down of cities!
Theres something called a happy medium. If rioting is necessary then it is. The point is that Sharpton hasnt ever been charged with inciting a riot.

Rioting is not a happy medium. I would love it if Sharption called for riots and nobody came.
I never said rioting was a happy medium. I said it may be necessary.
You did imply it was a happy medium and that is how low class blacks feel. They look upon it as a jolly good time.

Those avenues dont work nor have they ever worked.
So you want riots, looting and burning if businesses? How small of you! You should be on tv telling people, not just blacks but everyone to video police stops to get the bad cops off the force. Start a movement, not the breaking down of cities!
Theres something called a happy medium. If rioting is necessary then it is. The point is that Sharpton hasnt ever been charged with inciting a riot.

Rioting is not a happy medium. I would love it if Sharption called for riots and nobody came.
You did imply it was a happy medium and that is how low class blacks feel. They look upon it as a jolly good time.
The only thing I implied was that it was a last resort. You back people into a corner and they will tear up shit.

I was sitting here thinking if my son was stopped for a traffic light and then ran from the police officer and survived the shooting, who would I go after first...the cop or my son. It would be my son. I'd ask why in the hell did you run? Did you rob a bank or what? And then after chastising my son at length and loudly, I would ask the police officer on what grounds did you have to shoot my son? What offense did he make? How was he endangering the city?

Then I would find my son was afraid he was speeding and his immaturity got the best of him, He thought he was going to get a ticket and ran. I would declare my son a walker until he m atured enough to handle the privilege of driving without getting killed.
What if your son told you that he has seen and heard of too many instances where cops shot people like him just because and thats why he ran?
Then that's plain immature thinking. To begin with we should always heavily emphasized that no matter what your problem is cooperate never resist. Why bother when you are going to make harder for your self end up getting killed. That's the priority. Yes there are bad cops but most are honest, hardworking dedicated willing to sacrifice their life to protect and serve. People make it sound that if and when you stopped by a cop you will get shot wheely dilly. WHY??? it's always African American than ran into this kind of predicament. When it's always shown many many times on tv that it's not worth resisting. Should people learned lessons from now? Can someone PLEASE explain this.
Only a fool cooperates with someone trying to harm them. I'm not going to stand there and let you shoot, shock, or hit me. African americans are not the only ones to run into this. Its any group the police fear. The police just happen to fear Black men more than anything else.
No cop is going to harm a black person who cooperates with him.

Then that's plain immature thinking. To begin with we should always heavily emphasized that no matter what your problem is cooperate never resist. Why bother when you are going to make harder for your self end up getting killed. That's the priority. Yes there are bad cops but most are honest, hardworking dedicated willing to sacrifice their life to protect and serve. People make it sound that if and when you stopped by a cop you will get shot wheely dilly. WHY??? it's always African American than ran into this kind of predicament. When it's always shown many many times on tv that it's not worth resisting. Should people learned lessons from now? Can someone PLEASE explain this.
Only a fool cooperates with someone trying to harm them. I'm not going to stand there and let you shoot, shock, or hit me. African americans are not the only ones to run into this. Its any group the police fear. The police just happen to fear Black men more than anything else.
:laugh:

The only thing I implied was that it was a last resort. You back people into a corner and they will tear up shit.
Exactly. That's why you don't give a police officer any shit but cooperate with them and they won't give you a hard time. In other words, they won't shock you, beat you or kill you. The blacks that ended up dead did not cooperate.

You just put in a post about putting "them" in a corner. You were talking about putting blacks in a corner, but when LE stops you, don't put him in a corner either. Don't be snide, funny disrespectful.

Exactly. That's why you don't give a police officer any shit but cooperate with them and they won't give you a hard time. In other words, they won't shock you, beat you or kill you. The blacks that ended up dead did not cooperate.
They will get shit if they give shit. They want cooperation then they better show respect. Most Black guys are not timid wallflowers. The mentality that cops and talk anyway they want to will need to change.

You just put in a post about putting "them" in a corner. You were talking about putting blacks in a corner, but when LE stops you, don't put him in a corner either. Don't be snide, funny disrespectful.
How can I put an LE in the corner when I'm minding my own business? Asking why I am being stopped is not disrespectful. Even if it was a cop shouldnt have a job he cant handle. I've seen checkers at wall mart handle people better.

This cop was fired, I see. He is not the norm. He should be fired and there should be a settlement for the man that was hit.

That is very dumb. If you're first option is to resist then that's your choice. So when you get hurt you blame the cop. Excellent. I am impressed.

That is very dumb. If you're first option is to resist then that's your choice. So when you get hurt you blame the cop. Excellent. I am impressed.
My first option is for a cop to not bother me. My second option is to resist any cop attempting to harm me. Not really concerned about how impressed you are. Thats the last thing on my mind.

This cop was fired, I see. He is not the norm. He should be fired and there should be a settlement for the man that was hit.

Well you said no cop. There are plenty like him that have not been caught on film.

My first option is for a cop to not bother me. My second option is to resist any cop attempting to harm me. Not really concerned about how impressed you are. Thats the last thing on my mind.
If you have a broken tail lights or something else it's their job to bother you. In the right mind you do not have an option but cooperate. In other scenario if you have warrant for your arrest I'm sure you will resist first. You get hurt here comes the blaming game. Spare me the bull shit.

Then when a cop tells you to get out of the vehicle and stand there, do it. You stupid blacks are always looking for trouble.

You are a marked man. With your attitude, I put you in the category of the infamous stupid Professor Gates. He locks himself out of his house and tries to break in his house. Mind you, he is breaking into a house...never mind if it is his. A neighbor sees only a man is breaking into the house and calls the police. A good citizen, right? The police come and possibly, I don't know with gun drawn approach the professor, who in turn doesn't laugh at the situation and explain that it is his house and proves it with his driver's license. No. It is a white cop so he get's all black chip on his shoulder and yells he is NOT going to show an ID to (a whitey for Christ's sake) the cop and starts with the "Yo Mama diatribe" like that makes his a real man when it makes him actually a real moron. No, the cracker cop didn't shock him...or shoot him but he sure as hell should have arrested him for just being a total jerk. Who in the hell acts like that? A black man with cause. Just like you. It could have been explained so easily if he just got his damned license out and asked the police officer to help him get in his house! But no, he was black and the cop was white. He had to be an ass about it.

You are a marked man. With your attitude, I put you in the category of the infamous stupid Professor Gates. He locks himself out of his house and tries to break in his house. Mind you, he is breaking into a house...never mind if it is his. A neighbor sees only a man is breaking into the house and calls the police. A good citizen, right? The police come and possibly, I don't know with gun drawn approach the professor, who in turn doesn't laugh at the situation and explain that it is his house and proves it with his driver's license. No. It is a white cop so he get's all black chip on his shoulder and yells he is NOT going to show an ID to (a whitey for Christ's sake) the cop and starts with the "Yo Mama diatribe" like that makes his a real man when it makes him actually a real moron. No, the cracker cop didn't shock him...or shoot him but he sure as hell should have arrested him for just being a total jerk. Who in the hell acts like that? A black man with cause. Just like you. It could have been explained so easily if he just got his damned license out and asked the police officer to help him get in his house! But no, he was black and the cop was white. He had to be an ass about it.
Being Black makes you a marked man. I'm used to it. Part of the brainwashing used to convince whites that they were superior and to fear Black people. The neighbor saw a Black man and assumed he was breaking into the house using the very same sentiment you just ascribed to me. The white cops instead of assuming it was his home took the same stance as the socially programmed white neighbor who should have recognized Mr Gates if he was truly a neighbor. So both the neighbor and the cops were asses long before Gates was. See how that works?

Al Sharpton commended the law enforcement officials for the way they were handling this.
IT is being handled exactly like it should be handled, by due process of law.

Had Walter Scott believed in due process of law, he would not be dead.

Sorry, but when a cop shoots a man in the back 5 times (after incompetently firing 8 rounds) for running, that is called murder.

Judge, Jury and Executioner.

I pray that the cop is given the death penalty.

Then when a cop tells you to get out of the vehicle and stand there, do it. You stupid blacks are always looking for trouble.
If a cop told me to do that I would hand him my phone so he could explain to my attorney what I needed to get out the car for. If my attorney told me to comply then and only then would I.

Well you said no cop. There are plenty like him that have not been caught on film.

Being Black makes you a marked man. I'm used to it. Part of the brainwashing used to convince whites that they were superior and to fear Black people. The neighbor saw a Black man and assumed he was breaking into the house using the very same sentiment you just ascribed to me. The white cops instead of assuming it was his home took the same stance as the socially programmed white neighbor who should have recognized Mr Gates if he was truly a neighbor. So both the neighbor and the cops were asses long before Gates was. See how that works?
Give me a break. THe police receive a call that a house is being broken into. (true!) The perp is black, 5'9" wearing a blue turtle neck, black slacks, assumed true (assumed true) The police arrive and do their job. Assume he is breaking in. Why would they assume, "Gee this could be his own house without any evidence?" You are a marked man because you are going to start a problem when there was no problem to start.

Forum List

Back