Family of Walter Scott tells Al Sharpton to keep his "circus" away from funeral

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Easier said than done. "Honest Al" Sharpton smells money to be made and he's gonna come anyway.

Family of Walter Scott wants Rev. Al Sharpton to keep away - NY Daily News

april 9 2015
Stay away, Rev. Al.

That was the message from the family of South Carolina police shooting victim Walter Scott to the civil rights activist Thursday two days before the funeral for the slain father of four.

“We don’t want another Ferguson type of circus here,” a source close to the Scott family told The Daily News.

That was a reference to the Missouri town that was rocked by violent demonstrations last year after black teen Michael Brown was killed by a white cop.

Scott family attorney Chris Stewart said they appreciate Sharpton’s support but “the funeral is only going to be close family members.”

Easier said than done. "Honest Al" Sharpton smells money to be made and he's gonna come anyway.

april 9 2015
Stay away, Rev. Al.

That was the message from the family of South Carolina police shooting victim Walter Scott to the civil rights activist Thursday two days before the funeral for the slain father of four.

“We don’t want another Ferguson type of circus here,” a source close to the Scott family told The Daily News.

That was a reference to the Missouri town that was rocked by violent demonstrations last year after black teen Michael Brown was killed by a white cop.

Scott family attorney Chris Stewart said they appreciate Sharpton’s support but “the funeral is only going to be close family members.”

Kudos to the Scott family! Let the family grieve in peace.

Al Sharpton commended the law enforcement officials for the way they were handling this.
IT is being handled exactly like it should be handled, by due process of law.

Had Walter Scott believed in due process of law, he would not be dead.

april 9 2015
Stay away, Rev. Al.

Thats not what the family said but nice try.

Al Sharpton commended the law enforcement officials for the way they were handling this.

And? He's still a race hustler/opportunist. All Sharpton is part of the problem. And if you stand with him you are too. Good for this family.

Shooting a person who is not a threat is not legal in this country.

Who said it was?

Running from a traffic stop is not either.

Which came first?

I wondered when the 'blame the victim' crowd would finally emerge in this affair. One might have almost thought that we'd had an incident so unequivocally heinous that even the racists would have kept silent.

And? He's still a race hustler/opportunist. All Sharpton is part of the problem. And if you stand with him you are too. Good for this family.

Sharpton is in no way part of the problem of a man being shot in the back for no reason.

Sharpton is in no way part of the problem of a man being shot in the back for no reason.

When we talk about racism, yes, Al Sharpton is part of the problem.

So your claim is Al Sharpton caused the white cop to empty his clip into the back of a Black man?

Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard you say, and I heard you say a lot of dumb things.

Shooting a person who is not a threat is not legal in this country.

Who said it was?

Running from a traffic stop is not either.

Which came first?

I wondered when the 'blame the victim' crowd would finally emerge in this affair. One might have almost thought that we'd had an incident so unequivocally heinous that even the racists would have kept silent.
STFU idiot.

Race card doesn't work.

Due process is being followed.

Do you think a person has the right to flee a traffic stop?

That is what led to his death.

If he had sat in the car as he was rightfully and politely asked to do, he would be alive.

Only a fool cannot see that.

HAHAHA. If he did say that it was only because someone paid him to.
You don't know that. It's more likely that they are happy the officer was fired, arrested and in jail.

Doesnt matter if they know it or not, they believe that Sharpton gets paid by someone for racism. Not sure how but they seem to say it a lot.

So your claim is Al Sharpton caused the white cop to empty his clip into the back of a Black man?

Thats the dumbest thing I ever heard you say, and I heard you say a lot of dumb things.
Explain your dumb comment then in regards to this incident.

My comment wasn't in regards to this incident.

Duh

My comment wasn't in regards to this incident.

Duh
It was very dumb. How is he part of the problem? The problem is the white cop shot the Black guy. Where does Sharpton come in?

Forum List

Back