Fallon Show humiliates Bachmann with misogynistic song

For the record, it was in poor taste.
However, that's the private sector exercising their freedom.

Do you guys think they should have played "Gnarles Barkley - Crazy" instead?

That would be fitting as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is beyond bad taste, it is unbecoming of a professional show host and how he represents a network. I have no doubt he knew about the song choice and didn't think anyone would notice.
People on networks have been fired for less than this.
NBC should offer someone on a platter if they have any sensibility.

However, that's the private sector exercising their freedom.....

:bsflag:

I just looked up "bald face hypocrite" and it now says "MarcATL".
If Hillary Clinton appeared on O'Reilly Factor...and played this song in the background I don't believe for a millisecond you would say "he is exercising his rights"

However, that's the private sector exercising their freedom.

Do you guys think they should have played "Gnarles Barkley - Crazy" instead?

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy - YouTube

That would be fitting as well.

Actually, I was thinking more along these lines.........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJLv46_N6c&feature=related]Chumbawamba - Mouthful of shit - YouTube[/ame]

OK, I just found the clip in question...

Jimmy Fallon Show Band Plays 'Lyin' Ass Bitch' To Intro Michele Bachmann - YouTube

You know, I never heard of the song nor the band and I didn't get it until after the fact. There are no derogatory lyrics to it, at least none in that part of the song that they played during the intro. Clearly Michelle was as clueless as I was.

It's a lil sketchy, but I don't think I'd get bent up outta shape over it.
Would you mind if the song aired for a First Lady named Michelle Obama?

You may think about this overnight if you care to before responding.

Jimmy Fallon has apologized to Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann for his house band, the Roots, playing Fishbone’s “Lyin’ Ass B----” as her walk-on music for a Monday appearance on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.” Earlier on Tuesday Roots drummer/bandleader Questlove offered his own apology, saying: “The performance was a tongue-in-cheek and spur of the moment decision. The show was not aware of it and I feel bad if her feelings were hurt. That was not my intention.”

Fallon apologizes to Bachmann for Roots song choice; Nicki Minaj announces new album - Click Track - The Washington Post

What they should have played was "going off the rails on the crazy train."

too damn little and too damn late. with an apology. don't you indecent people have even a modicum of self control? you have to shit right there on television?

Michele-Bachmann-The-Roots-Fallon.jpg

“Jimmy Fallon’s house band the Roots didn’t have a warm welcome for Republican presidential contender Michele Bachmann when she appeared on the NBC show early Tuesday. As Bachmann strode on to the stage at Fallon’s “Late Night,” the show’s band played a snippet of a 1985 Fishbone song called “Lyin’ Ass Bitch.” The song begins with a distinctive “la la la la la la la la la” refrain — the only words audible before Bachmann, smiling and waving to the audience, sat down.

“Fallon joked on Twitter that Roots bandleader Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson was grounded. The show itself didn’t have any comment.”

The Roots Play "Lying Ass Bitch" For Michele Bachmann | The Smoking Section
merged with existing thread
Stay classy NBC!!!!

I hate to see Fox News and conservatives have something to bellyache about that will resonate with their audience. Do we really need to hear them whine about how liberal NBC is again? And they will because they have a reason to, no matter how silly it is. I guess what I'm saying is I wish the song hadn't been played, much as I can't stand the woman.

“Jimmy Fallon’s house band the Roots didn’t have a warm welcome for Republican presidential contender Michele Bachmann when she appeared on the NBC show early Tuesday. As Bachmann strode on to the stage at Fallon’s “Late Night,” the show’s band played a snippet of a 1985 Fishbone song called “Lyin’ Ass Bitch.” The song begins with a distinctive “la la la la la la la la la” refrain — the only words audible before Bachmann, smiling and waving to the audience, sat down.

“Fallon joked on Twitter that Roots bandleader Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson was grounded. The show itself didn’t have any comment.”

Stay classy NBC!!!!

I don't want to play nice in the sandbox anymore. I seriously suggest that each conservative talk show host now opens their show with "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make an ugly woman your wife".

The truth of it is that if that had been Michelle Obama or Nancy Pelosi or Barbara Boxer or ANY other prominent leftist woman coming out on that stage, had the band played that song there would be howls of outrage and demands for heads to roll. It wouldn't have been sufficient to issue a quiet private apology--there would have been demands for the network executives down to the last band member publicly apologizing on screen at some length. And then demands for everybody to be fired. We would have heard from the White House, from the Halls of Congress, from Moveon.org, from Daily Kos, from ThinkProgress, and N.O.W. would be picketing the network headquarters.

It would have been loud, unrelenting, and merciless as it went on for days.

But from those groups re Michelle Bachmann. Crickets.

The double standard remains alive and well.

too funny.......

the roots are awesome........

And I'm sure that you would just laugh your ass off every time someone played "Fat Bottom Girls" every time the First Lady and the kids came off Air Force One right?

Try this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nprhxc2Lxc]Sir Mix Alot - Baby Got Back~ (I like big butts and i can not lie!)(lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Well, eventually you hard core righties are going to have to come to a simple realization:

No one fucking likes Michelle Bachmann.

Not even people in her own party, where she is polling behind a dead possum.

Stay classy NBC!!!!

I don't want to play nice in the sandbox anymore. I seriously suggest that each conservative talk show host now opens their show with "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make an ugly woman your wife".

Or, maybe "Brick House"?

Forum List

Back