"Fake 'Facts' Were Presented to the Supreme Court" in web design case

Meanwhile back in reality the entire "case" of the website designer was based on a theoretical question; not on an actual court case. The Supreme Court--back when it was legitimate--would seldom if ever take up cases that were based on, "Suppose X happened...." That is what we have now.
I have been thinking more about this and wonder who the two parties lawyers are to understand the motivations,,

either way it does solve a problem early enough to avoid anyone being harmed by a bad law,,

The basis of the court case was real. She was requesting an injunction against the state on the basis of a very real statute.

I have been thinking more about this and wonder who the two parties lawyers are to understand the motivations,,

either way it does solve a problem early enough to avoid anyone being harmed by a bad law,,
The attorneys for the web designer are The Alliance Defending Freedom. The State of course would be represented by the Attorney General.

Meanwhile back in reality the entire "case" of the website designer was based on a theoretical question; not on an actual court case. The Supreme Court--back when it was legitimate--would seldom if ever take up cases that were based on, "Suppose X happened...." That is what we have now.
The Supreme Court is not a court of original jurisdiction. No case was brought before the court on the basis of suppose x happened. Thus was an appeal from a case heard and decided by the District Court. Since the decision of the District Court involved a Constitutional question, the Supreme Court made a decision.

IF, the court refused to even hear this case because there weren't proper parties, that should have been done at the trial court level, by the District Court. Once that court made a ruling, that ruling was appeal able to the Supreme Court.

So why didn’t the district, the state appeals, the state Supreme Court, the Circuit Court of Appeals not throw it out based on your presumption that it was a theoretical question? I would have thought by the time it hit the Colorado Supreme Court, they would have called it the way it was and she would have no case to appeal. If it was based on a theoretical issue, it would never had made it to the US Supreme Court. You are beginning to sound like the ones that are screaming a rigged election.

So why didn’t the district, the state appeals, the state Supreme Court, the Circuit Court of Appeals not throw it out based on your presumption that it was a theoretical question? I would have thought by the time it hit the Colorado Supreme Court, they would have called it the way it was and she would have no case to appeal. If it was based on a theoretical issue, it would never had made it to the US Supreme Court. You are beginning to sound like the ones that are screaming a rigged election.
Okay who were the folks who asked her to design a website?

This is a non-story that doesn't appreciate the fact that it was a pre-enforcement challenge on the constitutionality of the statute, not an "as applied" challenge. The "case and controversy" was between the State of Colorado and website designer -- not the designer and a customer.

Jane Roe didn't exist - the lady she was supposedly based on lied and her story was completely fake.

You people held that bullshit sacrosanct.

So don't give me that.

Jane Roe didn't exist - the lady she was supposedly based on lied and her story was completely fake.

You people held that bullshit sacrosanct.

So don't give me that.
Jane Roe was a pseudonym for a woman named Norma Leah Nelson McCorvey. She actually wrote a book called "I am Roe". She did fabricate the circumstances by which she became pregnant. Your comparison is absurd.

Jane Roe was a pseudonym for a woman named Norma Leah Nelson McCorvey. She actually wrote a book called "I am Roe". She did fabricate the circumstances by which she became pregnant. Your comparison is absurd.
I am aware of McCorvey and how her whole story was a fucking lie, that was my point, thank you for catching up, stop pretending like I didn’t spell all that out already.

Okay who were the folks who asked her to design a website?
I don’t know the name but you are telling me that the state of Colorado never contacted them, because that was their whole case, without him or her there was no case at all. So if Colorado didn’t look for the person and the first ruling went against the website designer, they had a judgement to appeal and they did.

Forum List

Back