Faith Healing

Absolutely connected.

When you are in your silly atheist mode, you are simply silly, LN.

No.
Yes, since atheists don't understand the spiritual and can't prove faith healing does not work, all they can offer is silly opinion.

Prayer and medical attention should both be used, but those on the far sides of the issue who ignore both alternatives have only silly comments to offer.

I agree with you that as an atheist I don't understand the spiritual (though I would argue that neither do those that follow organized religion), I think the more important point is that although we can't prove that faith healing doesn't work (since one can not prove a negative) believing in faith healing despite any evidence that it does work is irrational.

When has faith healing regrown an amputated limb, or deformity or disfigurement? When has faith healing fixed a birth defect? When has it cured HIV, diabetes, or a chronic disease such as Hep C or a degenerative disease? When has it cured paralysis, blindness or deafness? Where are the studies, peer-reviewed journals, medical papers, or medical science research institutes that support faith healing claims?

As of now, faith healing has as much credibility as new age homeopathy with crystals, voodoo remedies, and wiccan potions.

I don't rule faith healing out as a possible alternative to modern medical science, but currently the evidence for it is very much lacking and there is no logical reason to be convinced it works.

Science has proven results. In this era of modernity, those who reject scientifically proven treatment for their children which results in a child's harm or death should be prosecuted. The state has an interest in protecting children.

I'm still not sure about this whole faith healing thing. Years ago, the first widely known faith healer in the TV age, Oral Roberts sold LP records (even before 8 track) on faith healing. The problem was that no one ever heard what he had to say. The hole in the middle always healed up before you could put it on the player.

When has faith healing regrown an amputated limb, or deformity or disfigurement? When has faith healing fixed a birth defect? When has it cured HIV, diabetes, or a chronic disease such as Hep C or a degenerative disease? When has it cured paralysis, blindness or deafness?
Actually, phony faith "healers" have claimed to have done all of those things.....But only when no one was looking! :disbelief:

Absolutely connected.

No.
Yes, since atheists don't understand the spiritual and can't prove faith healing does not work, all they can offer is silly opinion.

Prayer and medical attention should both be used, but those on the far sides of the issue who ignore both alternatives have only silly comments to offer.

No. Go back and read the OP. It isn't about prayer and medical attention. I understand reading comprehension is not one of your stronger suits.

That you can understand logical extensions of an OP is your problem, Disir.

Jerms posited an interrogatory that is certainly correlative to the OP. Why jump her ass? :dunno:

Brotch. :slap:

Jerm is on ignore. It didn't read any of what I posted. It did not wanted to address the issues presented.It wanted to make one up. Jake wanted to troll Luddley and didn't read the information and failed to even demonstrate any connection.

If you want to fight then pick a damn good one.:slap:
So what? You weak little brotch- putting Jerms on ignore?

Conceited arrogant fuck.

If brotch is all you have then you should probably pack a lunch.

You're jealous. And drunk.
Then you tell me - are you a bro or are you a bitch?

Or are you... a brotch?

Grow up. I do not have patience for drunk aging men in the throes of a perpetual midlife crisis.

You sound like a femme fatale in the Twilight Zone. This is not about you.

Absolutely connected.

No.

No. Go back and read the OP. It isn't about prayer and medical attention. I understand reading comprehension is not one of your stronger suits.

That you can understand logical extensions of an OP is your problem, Disir.

No. It's yours.
9577071-large.jpg

4888390.jpg

The second picture is the girl with diabetes. Her name is Syble Rossiter. Faith healing instead of medical treatment was used. She died age 12.

The problem is clearly not mine. It's yours.

I have no trouble if the parents also used modern medicine as well.

So the problem is yours, disir. This is not about you or your feelings.

But, they didn't use modern medicine. That was the problem. Hence the post. Now, remove your head from your ass.

But, they didn't use modern medicine. That was the problem. Hence the post. Now, remove your head from your ass.

I qualified it accordingly above. Your language reveals your frustration in your failure in argumentation.

Whether you believe faith healing is appropriate is immaterial.

This is not about you.

This is about the family and law.

I qualified it accordingly above. Your language reveals your frustration in your failure in argumentation.

Whether you believe faith healing is appropriate is immaterial.

This is not about you.

This is about the family and law.

That's right. Intersection of law and family. Clearly outlined in my op. The failure here is yours. You have failed repeatedly to address it as usual.

Many fundamentalist Christians reject modern biology, geology, and physics. Many deny , stem cell research and other scientific advances that could save millions of people, if not, eventually, the entire human race. George W. Bush's administration kowtowed to the Religious Right and reduced scientific research in place of faith based initiatives. Some have even succeeded in using political means to change school boards across America to ban evolution from biology books and to teach Intelligent Design (an oxymoronic euphemism for Creationism) in its place. Scientists today sometimes still have to fight tooth-and-claw.

Christian faith healers still go around the world preaching that their god can immediately cure hidden diseases, blindness, arthritis, and many other disorders (except, oddly, for the visible ailments such as compound fractures, amputations, or even a simple pimple). When modern medicine does happen to cure them, they thank god instead of the doctors who actually saved them. Many devout Christians believe in miracles over modern science.

I don't know about you but when I search for a doctor to cure me, I don't want one who believes in superstitions, miracles, or divine intervention (for how could I ever know if he resorts to his faith rather than his medical training?). I want a doctor who uses the best scientific medical knowledge at his disposal and that means a doctor who doesn't hold Christian or any religious beliefs. When I want to understand how nature and the universe works, I read from scientific literature, not holy scripture. Scientists reveal the workings of nature, not priests, ministers or shamans.

Forum List

Back