Florida is swamped by disease outbreaks as quackery replaces science

Does it ever occur to you to do some fact-checking before you run with a newspaper story? Medical and other news sources put the number of measles cases in Florida so far this year at 9-12. On what planet does this constitute "raging across the state", "outbreak," etc.?

When I was a kid, just about every kid in my school got measles at one time or another, and I never knew anyone who even got seriously sick from them, much less died from them.

And I'm just guessing that you couldn't care less about the tens of thousands of unvaccinated illegals who are crossing our border each month, right? Right?

You're the same guy who posted that obscene, misleading post about Reagan's daughter being molested in the History forum.

There have been three leprosy cases in FL.

▪ Florida recorded three cases of leprosy in 2024, through March 26, out of a population of nearly 23 million people, according to U.S. Census data — one leprosy case each in Polk, Sumter and Volusia counties, all in the Central Florida region.

Is leprosy rising in Florida? Info on cases and spread | Miami Herald

www.miamiherald.com/news/health-care/article287061480.html

There has been an uptick in the last couple of years. More leprosy cases are popping up in Florida. Hereâs what to know.

We got caught up in the original measles scandal 20 years ago. I told Mrs T that I didnt want the kids vaccinated because I had heard such bad things.

She just ignored me and got them jabbed.

She knew what was best. But there are people who are vulnerable because of that scare.

People in Florida do seem to be as dumb as they come.
Well maybe Floridians are getting smarter.

Wasn't Biden to check for diseases and criminal background screening/vetting at the border?
172ad0adbcf73f5db6c8d6c1073d46df-S.jpg

Has CNN and MSNBC not told you?

Seriously?

But now, with an entirely preventable outbreak of measles spreading across Florida, medical experts are questioning if quackery really has become official health policy in the nation’s third most-populous state.

As the highly contagious disease raged in a Broward county elementary school, Ladapo, a politically appointed acolyte of Florida’s far-right governor Ron DeSantis, wrote to parents telling them it was perfectly fine for parents to continue to send in their unvaccinated children.

This is what happens when you appoint political stooges to important positions. How many people will this cretin kill before they sack him ?
Swamped? How many cases of measles?

There have been three leprosy cases in FL.

▪ Florida recorded three cases of leprosy in 2024, through March 26, out of a population of nearly 23 million people, according to U.S. Census data — one leprosy case each in Polk, Sumter and Volusia counties, all in the Central Florida region.

Is leprosy rising in Florida? Info on cases and spread | Miami Herald

www.miamiherald.com/news/health-care/article287061480.html

There has been an uptick in the last couple of years. More leprosy cases are popping up in Florida. Hereâs what to know.
Once again, please send your thank you note to President Biden. Ten million unvetted illegal aliens have made their way into our country since he took office. Opioid and Fentanyl deaths skyrocketed.

How much worse do things have to get before Democrats concede that President Biden MIGHT have been a dreadful mistake?

Once again, please send your thank you note to President Biden. Ten million unvetted illegal aliens have made their way into our country since he took office. Opioid and Fentanyl deaths skyrocketed.

How much worse do things have to get before Democrats concede that President Biden MIGHT have been a dreadful mistake?
Measles is the tip of the iceberg.

But now, with an entirely preventable outbreak of measles spreading across Florida, medical experts are questioning if quackery really has become official health policy in the nation’s third most-populous state.

As the highly contagious disease raged in a Broward county elementary school, Ladapo, a politically appointed acolyte of Florida’s far-right governor Ron DeSantis, wrote to parents telling them it was perfectly fine for parents to continue to send in their unvaccinated children.

This is what happens when you appoint political stooges to important positions. How many people will this cretin kill before they sack him ?
Yo Tommy. Perhaps you should be a bit concerned about your home turf.

News story

Latest measles statistics published

Regular measles statistics updates issued by the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA).
Published30 January 2024 Last updated 28 March 2024

Latest update​

The latest number of laboratory confirmed measles cases in England have been published in an updated epidemiological overview by UKHSA.

Since the last update a week ago, a further 79 laboratory confirmed measles cases have been confirmed in England, bringing the total number of cases confirmed since 1 October 2023 to 868.

(my highlight)

Forum List

Back