Fair & Balanced My Ass

Fox "news" spouts lies daily.

They change clips and label Rs Dems when they get cuaght doing somnething.

The other stations could have whatever bias they want as long as they dont spout lies like fox does.
They dont.
You people on the right dont care about the lies.

You seem to defend the lies every time they are outed as liars.

That is why Fox is comepletely by its self on the side of lies.

Jane Akre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fox went to court and proved a news station can lie all it wants.

They won the case and have happily lied ever since.

When you send the Big Bucks to win in court the right to lie you may be a lying piece of shit of a news station.

Fox news did and now they LOVE to use their right to lie.

Can any of you cons name another news station that fought in court for their right to LIE to the American people?

Jane Akre and her husband Steve Wilson are former employees of Fox-owned-and-operated station WTVT in Tampa, Florida. In 1997, they were fired from the station after refusing to knowingly include false information in their report concerning the Monsanto Company's production of RBGH, a drug designed to make cows produce more milk. They successfully sued under Florida's whistle-blower law and were awarded a US $425,000 settlement by jury decision. However, Fox appealed to an appellate court and won, after the court declared that the FCC policy against falsification that Fox violated was just a policy and not a "law, rule, or regulation", and so the whistle-blower law did not apply.[1]

The court agreed with WTVT's (Fox) argument "that the FCC's policy against the intentional falsification of the news -- which the FCC has called its "news distortion policy" -- does not qualify as the required "law, rule, or regulation" under section 448.102.[...] Because the FCC's news distortion policy is not a "law, rule, or regulation" under section 448.102, Akre has failed to state a claim under the whistle-blower's statute."[2]

In 2001, Akre and Wilson won the Goldman Environmental Prize as a recognition for their report on RBGH

Bias is not such a big deal , Bias and LIES are another matter.

FOX LIES

Come on you Fox defenders NAME ONE OTHER STATION that FOUGHT for the right to lie in court?

Fox the news station that sues its own employees for insisting on telling the truth.

Fox is the ONLY news station I know of that SUED its own reporters to keep them from telling the truth.

Fox won the right to Lie and the right to FIRE an employee for telling the truth.

Name me any other station with that record?

Fox the station of lies.

Reporters Sue FOX TV-Inside Story

The investigative report produced by me and my reporting colleague Jane
Akre was not killed by Fox Television. Instead, as we explain in a lawsuit we
filed this past week, Fox managers and their lawyers ordered us to
distort, twist, and slant a story and threatened us with immediate dismissal if we
would not broadcast material we knew to be false and misleading.

FOX NEWS LIES!

What is more appalling are the five major media outlets that filed briefs of Amici Curiae- or friend of FOX – to support FOX’s position: Belo Corporation, Cox Television, Inc., Gannett Co., Inc., Media General Operations, Inc., and Post-Newsweek Stations, Inc

YURT what stations are these ?

Media General - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Post-Newsweek Stations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yurt your claim is meaningless because these are not Fox news competetors.

They own NONE of the other major news stations.

Fox is the only major news station that defended LYING and FIRING the reporters who insist on telling the American people the truth.

That is what Fox is.

Why not just show what you think the talking points are, Dogbert?

You know that it's impossible for Yurt to let things go ....

You're right. I guess I'll list them so he'll stop having a hissy fit:

1.) FOX FORUM: "Obama's Presidency is on the Line"

2.) New Fox News Poll Shows It's THE BILL THAT 55% OF AMERICANS DON'T WANT.

3.) Cantor Accuses Dems of "Malfeasant Manner'

4.) Coburn: GOP On High Alert for Sweetheart Deals.

5.) EXCLUSIVE: 'Procedural' Fight not worrying Obama.

6.) Major Glitches Plague 2010 Census

6b.) "Failure to modernize system."

7.) Fired RI teacher upset with President Obama's comments that failing schools be held accountable.

8.) Republicans ready strategy to scuttle Health Care Bill.

Yurt, you notice what I notice? A lack of Democrat reaction on the front page. All I see is Republicans saying this, Republicans saying that, opinions not facts. Everything on that page involving politics is a shot at Obama.

They are still the ONLY major news station to SUE its reporters for trying to tell the American people the truth.

FOX the station of LIES.

Fox paid good money to have the right to lie to the American people and they use it every day.

As a person who's also familiar with the case, I can tell you why the cons DON'T or WON'T respond to your FACTS. Because they KNOW its TRUE. FOX. LIES! Period.

And yes folks, anytime you counter with "but, MSNBC, CNN, et al...that's defending." Fact of the matter is....NO other news station or does what FOX does....ever. FOX is a league all by themselves.

And this nonsensical poll about FOX being the most truested is hogwash, they clearly have the so-called conservatives brainwashed, witch is at least half the nation off the bat, the other half is divided by all the other sane networks. They chalk that up as being "the most trusted" because they have the most viewers by default.

Let another truly conservative and truly news reporting network spring up and watch some magic.

You cons are really a piece of work.

Seriously.

* :rolleyes:
SMH

The other stations could have whatever bias they want as long as they dont spout lies like fox does.
They dont.

They are still the ONLY major news station to SUE its reporters for trying to tell the American people the truth.

FOX the station of LIES.

Fox paid good money to have the right to lie to the American people and they use it every day.

As a person who's also familiar with the case, I can tell you why the cons DON'T or WON'T respond to your FACTS. Because they KNOW its TRUE. FOX. LIES! Period.

And yes folks, anytime you counter with "but, MSNBC, CNN, et al...that's defending." Fact of the matter is....NO other news station or does what FOX does....ever. FOX is a league all by themselves.

And this nonsensical poll about FOX being the most truested is hogwash, they clearly have the so-called conservatives brainwashed, witch is at least half the nation off the bat, the other half is divided by all the other sane networks. They chalk that up as being "the most trusted" because they have the most viewers by default.

Let another truly conservative and truly news reporting network spring up and watch some magic.

Seriously.

SMH

FNC must be doing something right. Check out their ratings!!

Can any of you cons name another news station that fought in court for their right to LIE to the American people?

At least we should have a fair reading of the case to get a feel for events and what the suit was about. - From the Legal Record:

In December 1996, WTVT hired the Appellee, Jane Akre, and her husband, Steve Wilson, as a husband-and-wife investigative reporting team. Shortly after Akre and Wilson arrived at WTVT, they began working on a story about the use of synthetic bovine growth hormone (“BGH”) in Florida dairy cattle. Their work on this story led to what could be characterized as an eight-month tug-of-war between the reporters and WTVT’s management and lawyers over the content of the story. Each time the station asked Wilson and Akre to provide supporting documentation for statements in the story or to make changes in the content of the story, the reporters accused the station of attempting to distort the story to favor the manufacturer of BGH.

In September 1997, WTVT notified Akre and Wilson that it was exercising the option to terminate their employment contracts without cause. Akre and Wilson responded in writing to WTVT threatening to file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) alleging that the station had “illegally” edited the still unfinished BGH report in violation of an FCC policy against federally licensed broadcasters deliberately distorting the news. The parties never resolved their differences regarding the content of the story, and consequently, the story never aired.

In April 1998, Akre and Wilson sued WTVT alleging, among other things, claims under the whistle-blower’s statute. Those claims alleged that their terminations had been in retaliation for their resisting WTVT’s attempts to distort or suppress the BGH story and for threatening to report the alleged news distortion to the FCC. Akre also brought claims for declaratory relief and for breach of contract. After a four-week trial, a jury found against Wilson on all his claims. The trial court directed a verdict against Akre on her breach of contract claim, Akre abandoned her claim for declaratory relief, and the trial court let her whistle-blower claims go to the jury. The jury rejected all of Akre’s claims except her claim that WTVT retaliated against her in response to her threat to disclose the alleged news distortion to the FCC. The jury awarded Akre $425,000 in damages.

While WTVT has raised a number of challenges to the judgment obtained by Akre, we need not address each challenge because we find as a threshold matter that Akre failed to state her claim under the whistle-blower’s statue. . . .

[see link below for details]

We agree with WTVT that the FCC’s policy against the intentional falsification of the news – which the FCC has called its “news distortion policy” – does not qualify as the required “law, rule, or regulation” under section 448.102. . . .

Recognizing an uncodified agency policy developed through the adjudicative process as the equivalent of a formally adopted rule is not consistent with this policy, and it would expand the scope of conduct that could subject an employer to liability beyond what Florida’s Legislature could have contemplated with it enacted the whistle-blower’s statute. Accordingly, we reverse the judgment in her favor and remand for entry of a judgment in favor of WTVT.

CASANUEVA, J., and GREEN, OLIVER L., SENIOR JUDGE, CONCUR

http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2003/February/February 14, 2003/2D01-529.pdf

Weak, that's clearly a lie. The couple had mounds of evidence. FOX simply LIED about them checking for proof of claims from the reports, its not true...FOX specifically told them, no ORDERED them to change their story FROM the truth to lies.

This is WELL documented.

But you, being the true Con that you are, would much rather side with the OPINION or CLAIM from the perp that they simply asked the reporters for supporting documents. As is FOX is a network worldrenknown for providing supporting documents and evidents for their stories in general.

roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Truly...a piece of work you are.

Last edited:

Are you a ratings fool or a fool for ratings...which one?

Have you checked out Jerry Spranger's ratings, Maury Pauvich's, General Hospital's?

When are you gonna cut that BS out dude. Are you not a grown-ass man?

SMH

LOL

greatest excuse evah...unfortunately for dogbert, reality doesn't comport with his wussy whiny excuse

others create enough posts about fox all the time too, yet you still create threads about posts about fox

As I just said to House, this thread wasn't originally serious. YOU along with others turned into a "BUT FOX IS NOT BIASED, CNN AND MSNBC IS!" thread. Which proves my point.

As long as you want to defend Fox, threads like these will be created and piss people like you off.

Me? I'm on here to have fun, not get into bitchfests with you where you'll go off and complain about me again.

The answer of a child........ it was a joke, I didn't mean it, I get all of my superior information of the internet.......... DU, Huffhead?

Are you a ratings fool or a fool for ratings...which one?

Have you checked out Jerry Spranger's ratings, Maury Pauvich's, General Hospital's?

When are you gonna cut that BS out dude. Are you not a grown-ass man?

SMH

"Jerry Spranger, Maury Pauvich, General Hospital are news organizations? Can you say strawman?

Am I a ratings fool or vice versa? Hmmm.... nooooo... what I am is an independent thinker that sees that FNC has been on top of cable news for damn near ten years. This country is and always will be a center right country and FNC caters to those people, too bad you're too far out in left field to see it.

i notice dogbert still hasn't shown where i defended fox like he claimed. i also notice he hasn't shown one single thing from that picture that is a talking point.

how embarrassing for dogbert. he can't prove his OP premise, he lies about what i said and his two boyfriends have to come to his rescue and deflect from the issue presented in the OP and start talking about obsessions and my others posts about news stations. too bad you can't man up and admit you were wrong and lied about what i said dogbert. but i am sure your boyfriends A15 and xotoxi will be right along to deflect from your major thread fail.

Looks like someone didn't like his crush getting brought up in public.

I would say how very silly it is for a guy that has a dimwitted gay blade for his avatar accusing others of having a crush on a little boy but I know that that person being the child he is would have to retaliate by giving me a barrage of neg reps(And that hurts so much), he hates to be called out on his hypocrisy........ so I won't say anything...... carry on.

yet you dishonestly don't mention the other news networks supported the lawsuit...why don't you talk about the other media companies who filed amicus briefs?

care to point out just one GOP talking point in the OP pic? all you have is to repeat ad nauseam your false claims?

Did they ?

well inform me by showing me proof of what you claim.

you don't know that....

i'll try to find it, the news is old, but i will try to get you the info, PM me if i don't get back to you

Check Wikipedia Yurt, that idiot, liesmatter, actually thinks that it represent truth and facts.

At least we should have a fair reading of the case to get a feel for events and what the suit was about. - From the Legal Record:

In December 1996, WTVT hired the Appellee, Jane Akre, and her husband, Steve Wilson, as a husband-and-wife investigative reporting team. Shortly after Akre and Wilson arrived at WTVT, they began working on a story about the use of synthetic bovine growth hormone (“BGH”) in Florida dairy cattle. Their work on this story led to what could be characterized as an eight-month tug-of-war between the reporters and WTVT’s management and lawyers over the content of the story. Each time the station asked Wilson and Akre to provide supporting documentation for statements in the story or to make changes in the content of the story, the reporters accused the station of attempting to distort the story to favor the manufacturer of BGH.

In September 1997, WTVT notified Akre and Wilson that it was exercising the option to terminate their employment contracts without cause. Akre and Wilson responded in writing to WTVT threatening to file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) alleging that the station had “illegally” edited the still unfinished BGH report in violation of an FCC policy against federally licensed broadcasters deliberately distorting the news. The parties never resolved their differences regarding the content of the story, and consequently, the story never aired.

In April 1998, Akre and Wilson sued WTVT alleging, among other things, claims under the whistle-blower’s statute. Those claims alleged that their terminations had been in retaliation for their resisting WTVT’s attempts to distort or suppress the BGH story and for threatening to report the alleged news distortion to the FCC. Akre also brought claims for declaratory relief and for breach of contract. After a four-week trial, a jury found against Wilson on all his claims. The trial court directed a verdict against Akre on her breach of contract claim, Akre abandoned her claim for declaratory relief, and the trial court let her whistle-blower claims go to the jury. The jury rejected all of Akre’s claims except her claim that WTVT retaliated against her in response to her threat to disclose the alleged news distortion to the FCC. The jury awarded Akre $425,000 in damages.

While WTVT has raised a number of challenges to the judgment obtained by Akre, we need not address each challenge because we find as a threshold matter that Akre failed to state her claim under the whistle-blower’s statue. . . .

We agree with WTVT that the FCC’s policy against the intentional falsification of the news – which the FCC has called its “news distortion policy” – does not qualify as the required “law, rule, or regulation” under section 448.102. . . .

Recognizing an uncodified agency policy developed through the adjudicative process as the equivalent of a formally adopted rule is not consistent with this policy, and it would expand the scope of conduct that could subject an employer to liability beyond what Florida’s Legislature could have contemplated with it enacted the whistle-blower’s statute. Accordingly, we reverse the judgment in her favor and remand for entry of a judgment in favor of WTVT.

http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2003/February/February 14, 2003/2D01-529.pdf

Note your link is an OPINION and NOT an unbiased investigation of the case.

This Opinion was rendered BECAUSE the court determined that the FCC rules are not law and that there is no law that orders a news station to tell the truth.

So Fox news FIRED reporters because they wanted to tell the truth that they had discovered while investigating the story fox hired them to investigate.

Last edited:
no, it shows 3 nutjobs and two of them obsessively protecting little dogbert from big ol' mean yurt

i feel sorry for dogbert, maybe someday he can come out from under your shadows

That may be the way you see it...but your view is not that of reality.

You were totally ripped apart tonight. Nothing else happened.

What you need right now is an ambalamps.

Just log off, get some rest, and come back tomorrow for another beating.

lol...so you admit it was nothing more than a gang beat down of dear ol' yurt because he dared challenge your little dogbert in a debate...

you guys are studs man, 3-1 and you guys still look stupid...do us all favor, take your advice and don't call me in the morning

I'm enjoying a little yurt whine...

susanwine.jpg

They dont.

FOX the station of LIES.

Seriously.

SMH

What a cute avatar, A dipshit that wore glasses because he thought it would make him look intelligent........ I knew a negro back in junior high that did the same thing....... he just wore the frames though, he didn't go as far as your ass wipe did. X marks the idiot.

Did they ?

well inform me by showing me proof of what you claim.

you don't know that....

i'll try to find it, the news is old, but i will try to get you the info, PM me if i don't get back to you

Check Wikipedia Yurt, that idiot, liesmatter, actually thinks that it represent truth and facts.

Dear fucking idiot, the facts in the case remain no matter who won the case.

The facts are that Fox hired these reporters to investigate a case and then fought with the reporters to force them to lie about wht they found in the investigation. Then Fox fired the reporters because they refused to LIE to the American people about their findings. The reporters sued and the result was FOX lawyers argued News does not have ANY laws to prevent them from lying to the American people and this judge agreed the FCC only has recomendations and no teeth to prevent lying in news.

You can pretend the facts are different but the facts are there for any HONEST person to see.

Weak, that's clearly a lie. The couple had mounds of evidence. FOX simply LIED about them checking for proof of claims from the reports, its not true...FOX specifically told them, no ORDERED them to change their story FROM the truth to lies.

This is WELL documented.

But you, being the true Con that you are, would much rather side with the OPINION or CLAIM from the perp that they simply asked the reporters for supporting documents. As is FOX is a network worldrenknown for providing supporting documents and evidents for their stories in general.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Truly...a piece of work you are.

Wow, you talk just like that asshole X.

What a cute avatar, A dipshit that wore glasses because he thought it would make him look intelligent........ I knew a negro back in junior high that did the same thing....... he just wore the frames though, he didn't go as far as your ass wipe did. X marks the idiot.

OK I get who you are now.

You are a complete asshole who is also a racist.

This Opinion was rendered BECAUSE the court determined that the FCC rules are not law and that there is no law that orders a news station to tell the truth.

So Fox news FIRED reporters because they wanted to tell the truth that they had discovered while investigating the story fox hired them to investigate.

Are you intentionally being stupid or is it an inherent problem? The opinion given is the opinion of the court, you can't get more accurate information from any other source.

Are you intentionally being stupid or is it an inherent problem? The opinion given is the opinion of the court, you can't get more accurate information from any other source.

Cant you fucking read?

I explained everything in my post you lying sack of shit who claimed not to EVEN KNOW about this case right here in the thread.

This OPINION is labeled an OPINION right in the document.

THATS WHAT ITS CALLED ASSHOLE!

Now the case was overturned BECAUSE there is no LAW preventing a news station from lying and Fox won the case (and this "opinion" was rendered) because they aregued NEWS can LIE!

OK I get who you are now.

You are a complete asshole who is also a racist.

DING! DING! DING!

Claim your prize behind curtain number 1.

The Honorable Brother Minister X would eat that Racist Neo-Con's lunch, dinner and spit him out for breakfast on an off day.

Physically, mentally and spiritually.

That's why he's online whining, moaning and disparaging a fallen soldier.

LOL!!

roflmao.gif

Forum List

Back