Exploring Muslim Culture

"Nothing in Islam not found in the Bible."

Are you nuts?

In this thread I will document what I began in the OP.

In three very significant and dramatic ways, the culture of Islam is in no way comparable to that of Judeo-Christian traditions.....and not in a good way:

a) love of death vs the sanctity of life

b) pederasty, sexual use of young boys

c) treatment of women, genital mutilation

...and, I will explain...even for the simple-minded, why this is a problem for the West in general, and the United States, specifically.

You're post is a prime example: the numbers who have been trained to bury their heads in the sand.
But can you do it in your own words?

Why?

Can't you handle the facts.....facts.....as I present them?

Perhaps you should have remained in school beyond grade three.
I can form my own thoughts and reasoning. You pass others opinions as facts.

And really pc, I'd just for once like to get your own clear and concise opinion on something instead of a regurgitation of whatever blog you're ripping off

Everything I post is my opinion.
How nice of you to let others form your opinions for you

How ironic.

When have you given any opinion not purloined, without attribution, from the NYTime, MSNBC, or the DNC?

Was trained to not bury my head in the sand since if you imagine that visual it only makes it easier to get fucked.

Nothing you've cited is native to Islam. It's all cultural. And much of it is originally found in the Bible. Islam is almost entirely an arabic reworking of Judaism and Christianity. Took pretty much all the Jewish law, Jesus from Christianity with a few tweaks. Anything you condemn Islam for scripturally is to condemn Christianity and Judaism for as well.

Being an apologist for the aberrations of Muslim culture....and pretending that it doesn't come directly from the Qran identifies you as a fool.
Vulgarity doesn't help, either....

More:

4. The Muslim tradition is one that is highly sexually repressive. Serious penalties, often death, follows for transgressions that involve a number of sexual infractions, most especially adultery.

a. "Of some 6,000 women and children held in Pakistani prisons in 2005, it said, at least 80 percent of the women were being held under "hudud" ordinances, with the largest number facing charges of adultery.

Introduced in Pakistan in 1979, hudud (plural of the word "hadd") are described as "limitations imposed by Allah" under Islamic law (shari'a).

They deal with punishments for serious wrongdoing such as theft and adultery, and in some interpretations can include penalties such as flogging, amputation of limbs, or stoning to death.

Official figures say an average of 1,000 Pakistani women die in these so-called "honor" killings each year, but the commission said many cases go unreported....
In most of the Muslim societies where honor killings occur, perpetrators are frequently not prosecuted or punished."
Pakistani Women Victims of Islamic Ordinances

5. Seeking a sexual outlet under Islam takes....'atypical'....often deviant....forms.

a. The go-ahead to rape those who aren't Muslim:
Sura 70:29-30, revealed in Mecca, uses nearly the identical words as Sura 23:5-6. Men must guard their private parts from everyone but their wives and slave-girls, meaning that men may have sex with both "categories"

And forbidden to you are wedded wives of other people except those who have fallen in your hands (as prisoners of war). . . (See also Suras 4:3 and 33:50)

a. And even Muslim girls.... " A Pakistani tribal council ordered an 18-year-old girl to be gang-raped in order to punish her family after her brother was seen walking with a girl from a higher-class tribe, police said Tuesday." Pakistan Tribe Orders Teen Raped

b. And this:
" WASHINGTON: Google, the world’s most popular Internet search engine, has found in a survey that mostly Muslim states seek access to sex-related websites and Pakistan tops the list.

Google found that of the top 10 countries - searching for sex-related sites - six were Muslim, with Pakistan on the top. The other Muslim countries are Egypt at number 2, Iran at 4, Morocco at 5, Saudi Arabia at 7 and Turkey at 8. Non-Muslim states are Vietnam at 3, India at 6, Philippines at 9 and Poland at 10.... those using Google to seek out “child sex” from the years 2004 until now places Pakistan far ahead of any other country." Exclusive: “Pure” Pakistan’s Internet Perverts
4a) cnsnews.com is not a legitimate news source. They have been known to sensationslize and are certainly not an unbiased source (founded and run by the mrc)
That said, those crimes and punishments are not unique to islam.
5a) this claim is not supported by the supposedly supporting quote. Please try again.
5a) this is a tribal issue, not islamic.
5b) familysecuritymatters? Aren't they the ones that advocated 'president for life' for gwb? Even though the source is highly suspect, there is no connectiom to islam made

So what new "facts" will you present?

Of course it is a legitimate source.

The proof is that you haven't provided any source.....any.....that finds the facts provided incorrect.

If you weren't a moron you'd realize that.
Which of your illegitimate sources are you claiming to be legit?

Also, auspect sources aside everything you posted failed to connect the behavior to islam

"everything" ??? chic clearly connected the behavior related to pedastery to
a VERY STRICT separation of sexes leaving young males with virtually nothing
else------but other young males or even safer----vulnerable young boys. For more
information try HISTORY, ----another interesting connection is the popular
Islamic myth that ALEXANDER THE GREAT was "really" a muslim (you
remember Alexander----he endorsed Pedastery by ROYAL DECREE.) And
muhummad promised a bevy a young boys ---clad in green silk -----for every
noble shahid who makes it to Jannah-----young boys fresh and sweet ----the nice
curls and lying around like scattered pearls You should read more

Exactly so.

And I will provide more direct indicia.

Was trained to not bury my head in the sand since if you imagine that visual it only makes it easier to get fucked.

Nothing you've cited is native to Islam. It's all cultural. And much of it is originally found in the Bible. Islam is almost entirely an arabic reworking of Judaism and Christianity. Took pretty much all the Jewish law, Jesus from Christianity with a few tweaks. Anything you condemn Islam for scripturally is to condemn Christianity and Judaism for as well.

Being an apologist for the aberrations of Muslim culture....and pretending that it doesn't come directly from the Qran identifies you as a fool.

More:

4. The Muslim tradition is one that is highly sexually repressive. Serious penalties, often death, follows for transgressions that involve a number of sexual infractions, most especially adultery.

a. "Of some 6,000 women and children held in Pakistani prisons in 2005, it said, at least 80 percent of the women were being held under "hudud" ordinances, with the largest number facing charges of adultery.

Introduced in Pakistan in 1979, hudud (plural of the word "hadd") are described as "limitations imposed by Allah" under Islamic law (shari'a).

They deal with punishments for serious wrongdoing such as theft and adultery, and in some interpretations can include penalties such as flogging, amputation of limbs, or stoning to death.

Official figures say an average of 1,000 Pakistani women die in these so-called "honor" killings each year, but the commission said many cases go unreported....
In most of the Muslim societies where honor killings occur, perpetrators are frequently not prosecuted or punished."

5. Seeking a sexual outlet under Islam takes....'atypical'....often deviant....forms.

Sura 70:29-30, revealed in Mecca, uses nearly the identical words as Sura 23:5-6. Men must guard their private parts from everyone but their wives and slave-girls, meaning that men may have sex with both "categories"

And forbidden to you are wedded wives of other people except those who have fallen in your hands (as prisoners of war). . . (See also Suras 4:3 and 33:50)

a. And even Muslim girls.... " A Pakistani tribal council ordered an 18-year-old girl to be gang-raped in order to punish her family after her brother was seen walking with a girl from a higher-class tribe, police said Tuesday." Pakistan Tribe Orders Teen Raped

b. And this:
" WASHINGTON: Google, the world’s most popular Internet search engine, has found in a survey that mostly Muslim states seek access to sex-related websites and Pakistan tops the list.

Google found that of the top 10 countries - searching for sex-related sites - six were Muslim, with Pakistan on the top. The other Muslim countries are Egypt at number 2, Iran at 4, Morocco at 5, Saudi Arabia at 7 and Turkey at 8. Non-Muslim states are Vietnam at 3, India at 6, Philippines at 9 and Poland at 10.... those using Google to seek out “child sex” from the years 2004 until now places Pakistan far ahead of any other country." Exclusive: “Pure” Pakistan’s Internet Perverts
4a) cnsnews.com is not a legitimate news source. They have been known to sensationslize and are certainly not an unbiased source (founded and run by the mrc)
5a) this claim is not supported by the supposedly supporting quote. Please try again.
5b) familysecuritymatters? Aren't they the ones that advocated 'president for life' for gwb? Even though the source is highly suspect, there is no connectiom to islam made

The proof is that you haven't provided any source.....any.....that finds the facts provided incorrect.

Also, auspect sources aside everything you posted failed to connect the behavior to islam

else------but other young males or even safer----vulnerable young boys. For more
you should understand that correlation is not causation.
PC has not shown that islam causes any of the things she wishes to attribute to it. again, the counter argument to PC's copy and paste is that these are aspectss of the culture that are neither unique to islam nor originating in the area with islam.

do you understand now? she states that one causes the other, but has not shown that to be the case.

But can you do it in your own words?

Why?

And really pc, I'd just for once like to get your own clear and concise opinion on something instead of a regurgitation of whatever blog you're ripping off

How ironic.

When have you given any opinion not purloined, without attribution, from the NYTime, MSNBC, or the DNC?
everyone knows you are the queen of copy and paste, incapable of original thought and more than happy to let others do your thinking for you.
hell, it's been shown that you don't even come up with your own insults and that you copy and paste those from an internet source.

More:

b. And this:

PC has not shown that islam causes any of the things she wishes to attribute to it. again, the counter argument to PC's copy and paste is that these are aspectss of the culture that are neither unique to islam nor originating in the area with islam.

do you understand now? she states that one causes the other, but has not shown that to be the case.

I am very much aware of the important dictum "Correlation is not Causation"
as is anyone who got thru the freshman year of college. I did not read anything
about "islam" causing "things" --------you really know how to be PRECISE and
SPECIFIC I see no reason for your allegation that the OP had to prove
that "aspects are unique" to islam. In sum-----you actually said nothing----you
could try to rephrase

Why?

How ironic.

everyone knows you are the queen of copy and paste, incapable of original thought and more than happy to let others do your thinking for you.
hell, it's been shown that you don't even come up with your own insults and that you copy and paste those from an internet source.

Every thread I construct is original
And in every one, I destroy you.
The best you can do is complain about the manner in which facts are provided.

Edification to follow....have someone explain this to you:
Some pointers.

1. Citing an authority with an established reputation is better, of course, than citing someone whose credentials are not so lofty. (http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/mla/practical_guide.shtml)

Composition Patterns: Developing an Argument

2. What has been pejoratively referred to as ‘simply cut and paste,’ is, in fact, carefully chosen to substantiate a point.
(Critical Appraisal and Analysis - Critically Analyzing Information Sources - LibGuides at Cornell University)

3. A valid objection to this selection of sources may be the type of audience being addressed. Is the ‘pasted selection’ aimed at a specialized or a general audience? Based on your whining....it must be ‘over your head.'
Ibid.

4. Are you objecting to the author's credentials--institutional affiliation (where he or she works), educational background, past writings, or experience? Or simply looking for a weapon to attack the post? This, of course, would be puerile.....as you are.

5. Providing summaries or outlines of a source is valid as long as a link to the original is provided, and the author’s meaning is conveyed.
This, of course, is exactly the method I employ.

6. Nor is it necessary to insert one’s own language if the original article is simply abbreviated, with link provided.
As I do.

7. And this:
What has been called ‘cut and paste’ is frequently the message board version of footnotes and endnotes of an academic essay. “…footnotes were declared outmoded just before the era of the word-processors which make using footnotes so much easier. Still, because of its relative ease in both writing and reading, parenthetical documentation is greatly preferred by most instructors.” http://www.ccc.commnet.edu/mla/practical_guide.shtml

While a public message board is the exact venue for giving opinions no matter their provenance, their attachment to reality, or even whether they are on a cognitive wavelength of any human on the planet, one should invest more credence to those that are able to show relevance, documentation and/or links.

And the more it frustrates you....the more it warms my heart.

could try to rephrase
In three very significant and dramatic ways, the culture of Islam is in no way comparable to that of Judeo-Christian traditions
so what does that mean to you if not that the culture is a result of islam?

could try to rephrase
In three very significant and dramatic ways, the culture of Islam is in no way comparable to that of Judeo-Christian traditions

But it is.

could try to rephrase

But it is.
so why haven't you been able to show causation?

could try to rephrase

It means to me------more accurately-----Islamic ethos is not compatible with
judeo/Christian ethos. "culture" is too all encompassing a concept-----including
everything from cuisine to when and where one wears a hat or how to celebrate
a wedding and what is called "music". The Islamic community that developed
in arabia had a CULTURE which intertwined with the religion elaborated
by those people. That religion and CULTURE was transported virtually whole
to Iraq and Yemen -----and not as whole to Iran, and many parts of north Africa
and on to the Iberian peninsula-------and even less whole to south east Asia----more or less. An interesting aspect of the transfer of the religion IS the cultural
issues that piggy backed along. Things "arab" are so associated with
Muhummad<<< the perfect person---------that they are held in high esteem in
previously non arab lands like Pakistan----or Moorish spain ----or Egypt ----or
Syria. Feel free to ask questions

could try to rephrase

But it is.

even you need to be more specific Chic. There is no doubt in my mind that
adulation of persons who tie bombs to their bodies to kill-----the "others" -------
was IMPORTED to Pakistan from Arabian ethos ------via the koran. I never
came across that interesting idea in hindu literature. FGM went with islam wherever islam went -----more or less. customs of dress carried over from
arabia

could try to rephrase

But it is.

even you need to be more specific Chic. There is no doubt in my mind that
adulation of persons who tie bombs to their bodies to kill-----the "others" -------
was IMPORTED to Pakistan from Arabian ethos ------via the koran. I never
came across that interesting idea in hindu literature. FGM went with islam wherever islam went -----more or less. customs of dress carried over from
arabia

Wait.....more material in store.

could try to rephrase

But it is.

what does "show causation" mean? It is sufficient to note that since it was
not part of the ethos of that area before islam showed up -------that islam
"caused" it. It (a custom or law etc) got caused by islam-------it would be
silly to describe the appearance of a specific law or custom common to most
Islamic communities as COINCIDENTALLY JUST HAPPENING.

could try to rephrase

But it is.

And yet pc has never showed when a behavior began

could try to rephrase

But it is.

And yet pc has never showed when a behavior began

now you are getting silly.

6. And, continuing this conversation with several Muslim boys, about meeting 'a stranger....

" I put another question. Suppose that, in the manner of Venetian young men, Ibrahim and Naser and Daud wished to strike up an acquaintance with a beautiful stranger—how would they go about it?

That inquiry seemed to puzzle them slightly. They asked me to elaborate. Did I mean a beautiful strange woman?

Yes. Certainly. What else should I mean?

Not, perchance, a beautiful strange man or boy?

The boys were again giggling at my Christian naivete. From their pantomime and their rudimentary French, I gathered that—in the view of Islam and its holy Quran—women had been created solely so that men could beget male children upon them..... few Muslim men utilized women for their sexual enjoyment. Why should they?

There were so many men and boys to be had, more plump and beautiful than any woman. Other considerations aside, a male lover was preferable to a female simply because he was male...." Jennings, Op.Cit.

Can it be that this version of culture is about choosing a same-sex partner for intercourse, rather than opposite?
Can the strictures places on the natural version be so rife with danger, under Islam, have cause this strange reversal of what we, in the West, have come to expect???

There is even an explanation given, one which combines the practice of pederasty with the female sexual mutilation practiced in the culture:

"Even as a receptacle, any Muslim male was far more sexually responsive and delightful than any Muslim female, whose parts had been properly deadened by [female]circumcision.'" Ibid., p. 104

6. And, continuing this conversation with several Muslim boys, about meeting 'a stranger....

" I put another question. Suppose that, in the manner of Venetian young men, Ibrahim and Naser and Daud wished to strike up an acquaintance with a beautiful stranger—how would they go about it?

That inquiry seemed to puzzle them slightly. They asked me to elaborate. Did I mean a beautiful strange woman?

Yes. Certainly. What else should I mean?

Not, perchance, a beautiful strange man or boy?

The boys were again giggling at my Christian naivete. From their pantomime and their rudimentary French, I gathered that—in the view of Islam and its holy Quran—women had been created solely so that men could beget male children upon them..... few Muslim men utilized women for their sexual enjoyment. Why should they?

There were so many men and boys to be had, more plump and beautiful than any woman. Other considerations aside, a male lover was preferable to a female simply because he was male...." Jennings, Op.Cit.

Can it be that this version of culture is about choosing a same-sex partner for intercourse, rather than opposite?
Can the strictures places on the natural version be so rife with danger, under Islam, have cause this strange reversal of what we, in the West, have come to expect???

There is even an explanation given, one which combines the practice of pederasty with the female sexual mutilation practiced in the culture:

"Even as a receptacle, any Muslim male was far more sexually responsive and delightful than any Muslim female, whose parts had been properly deadened by [female]circumcision.'" Ibid., p. 104

I majored in biology------and neuroscience-------uhm..... you left out NEUROHUMORS (aka hormones and pheromones) -----and even
forebrain stuff--------sheeeesh that gorgeous chest. responsiveness
during the act--------is not that which ATTRACTS

Some will point to the Islamic death penalty for homosexuality......but, as Longfellow wrote in 'The Psalm of Life,"...

"Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
And things are not what they seem."

Not what they seem, indeed.....

7. "Islam goes beyond mere disapproval of homosexuality. Sharia teaches that homosexuality is a vile form of fornication, punishable by death. Beneath the surface, however, there are implied references to homosexual behavior in paradise, and it has been a historical part of Arab and Muslim culture."
Islam and Homosexuality

Qur'an (26:165-166)-"Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing"

Qur'an (4:16)-"If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone" This is the Yusuf Ali translation. The original Arabic does,not use the word "men" and simply says"two from among you." Yusuf Ali may have added the word "men" because the verse seems to refer to a different set than referred to in the prior verse (explicitly denoted as"your women"). In other words, since 4:15 refers to"your women", 4:16 is presumably written to and refers to men.

Interestingly, the same rules don't apply in paradise, where martyrs for the cause of Allah enjoy an orgy of virgins and"perpetual youth" Qur'an (56:17)(otherwise known as"boys" Qur'an (52:24)). Qur'an (76:19)bluntly states,"And immortal boys will circulate among them, when you see them you will count them as scattered pearls." Technically, the mere presence of boys doesn't necessarily mean sex, however it is strongly implied from the particular emphasis on the effeminacy, handsomeness and "freshness" of the boys. The female virgins of paradise are also compared to pearls (56:23).

When Mehmed conquered Constantinople in 1453, the Muslim general demanded the 14-year-old son of one of the city's Christian leaders as his sexual concubine (the father and son chose death instead). Subsequent Ottoman administrators also engaged in homosexuality, often with the boys of conquered populations who could not afford to satisfy the jizya(poll tax on non-Muslims) in any other way than to relinquish their own children to the Religion of Peace. Islam and Homosexuality

Seems that there is a text.....and a subtext in Islam. No sex with any female not your wife....but, otherwise.....'wink, wink...'

a. "An 11th-century Persian ruler advised his son to alternate his partners seasonally: young men in the summer and women in the winter. Many of the love poems of the eighth-century Abu Nuwas in Baghdad, and of other Persian and Urdu poets, were addressed to boys. In medieval mystic writings, particularly Sufi texts, it is unclear whether the beloved being addressed is a teenage boy or God, providing a quasi-religious sanction for relationships between men and boys. Austere European chroniclers fumed at the indulgent attitudes to gay sex in the Caliphs' courts (now the censure is the other way). http://www.economist.com/node/21546002

Yes....pederasty.....in the Q'ran.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back