The Religous Nuts in the Gop

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
First up:

Boehner: 'Catholic guilt' changed Ryan's mind on speakership

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former House Speaker John Boehner says he used "Catholic guilt" to persuade Paul Ryan to run for speaker.

On CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday Boehner said he invoked God to persuade his fellow Catholic from refusing to run for speaker to agreeing to do so.

Boehner says he told Ryan: "'This isn't about what you want to do. It's about what God wants you to do. And God has told me, he wants you to" run for speaker.

First up:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former House Speaker John Boehner says he used "Catholic guilt" to persuade Paul Ryan to run for speaker.

On CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday Boehner said he invoked God to persuade his fellow Catholic from refusing to run for speaker to agreeing to do so.

Boehner says he told Ryan: "'This isn't about what you want to do. It's about what God wants you to do. And God has told me, he wants you to" run for speaker.

Need a law that provides for the removal from office any politicians who exhibits religious insanity like this. Where do we draw the line? "God told me he wants me to launch nuclear weapons."

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.

Mr Bush revealed the extent of his religious fervour when he met a Palestinian delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the Egpytian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, four months after the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

I don't think he was being literal. As in he was carrying on a conversation with an omnipotent being. Probably more like intuition or a gut feeling that it was supposed to happen. Speaker Bohener has never struck me as a "religious nut". Not when there are so many others making more radical comments. I see this story as a measure of how much Speaker Ryan didn't want the job. Mr. Boehner's invocation of deeply held religious beliefs they both share finally convinced him. I don't think we will be seeing the new Speaker advance legislation making the Sacraments mandatory for federal aid or confessionals in public school anytime soon.

First up:

Why would anyone believe what Boner says?

It is curious how someone who claims to be moral and righteous because they determined on their own what is truth is considered trustworthy while someone who looks for guidance from God and seeks to follow His truth is not.

What is more nuts? Believing there is a supreme being who is wiser and more powerful than you, or believing you are the equivalent of a supreme being?

It is curious how someone who claims to be moral and righteous because they determined on their own what is truth is considered trustworthy while someone who looks for guidance from God and seeks to follow His truth is not.

What is more nuts? Believing there is a supreme being who is wiser and more powerful than you, or believing you are the equivalent of a supreme being?

I guess what Isis is doing in Iran and Syria, in the name of their God, is ok then. Do you honestly find us that much differene than ISIS, they have rifles and we have tanks and planes. (We are both trying to take over the country, along with the FSA, which is funded and supplied by the US)

I guess what Isis is doing in Iran and Syria, in the name of their God, is ok then. Do you honestly find us that much differene than ISIS, they have rifles and we have tanks and planes. (We are both trying to take over the country, along with the FSA, which is funded and supplied by the US)
You didn't answer my question.

so because someone say they heard from God that makes them a NUT.

so would this be called, Catholic/Christianphobia. ?

Liberals are far more religious than the right. Liberalism IS a religion. It is not based on reality but on hope, wishful thinking, feelings, an omnipresent government to right all wrongs. And anyone that dares to disagree essentially blasphemes and isn't just wrong, they're evil.

Liberals are far more religious than the right. Liberalism IS a religion. It is not based on reality but on hope, wishful thinking, feelings, an omnipresent government to right all wrongs. And anyone that dares to disagree essentially blasphemes and isn't just wrong, they're evil.

a religious cult is more like it. and intolerance is one of it's traits, though they'll beat you over the head, of how they are the More tolerant than those evil people in the Gop
no offense to you Penny

a religious cult is more like it. and intolerance is one of it's traits, though they'll beat you over the head, of how they are the More tolerant than those evil people in the Gop
no offense to you Penny
It's a cult until it goes mainstream.

Hearing Voices is what led us to invade Iraq.........

Boehner: God told him Paul Ryan should run for House speaker

Source: AP

WASHINGTON — Former House Speaker John Boehner says he used "Catholic guilt" to persuade Paul Ryan to run for speaker.

Ryan did — and won. The Wisconsin congressman has insisted that he will not give up time with his family or stop sleeping in his office in Washington. Boehner, meanwhile, stepped down, inspired by spending time with Pope Francis last month.

Read more: Boehner: God told him Paul Ryan should run for House speaker

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.

Mr Bush revealed the extent of his religious fervour when he met a Palestinian delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the Egpytian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, four months after the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

Bible-Quoting Defense Memos and Holy War

By
Steven Waldman
Updated May 18, 2009 11:59 p.m. ET
Did those Bible verses at the top of the intelligence briefings make us less safe?

Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld put Bible verses on the top of the "Worldwide Intelligence Update" presented to President George W. Bush, Robert Draper reports in GQ. Flip through this gallery of these extraordinary memos.

Each cover page features inspiring color photographs -- soldiers praying, a young man preparing for battle, Saddam's statue falling. With them are biblical quotes, some related to providing strength to the soldiers but some about the godliness of the cause.

Next to a picture of an American tank is the quote: "Open the gates that the righteous nations may enter, The nation that keeps faith. Isaiah 26.2"

A photo of two soldiers in prayer is accompanied by the quote, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us. Here I am Lord, send me! Isaiah 6:8"

A photo of an American tank at sunset has superimposed on it, "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:13"

Mr. Draper writes that these were the brainchild of Major General Glen Shaffer, a director for intelligence serving the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the secretary of defense.

"At least one Muslim analyst in the building had been greatly offended; others privately worried that if these covers were leaked during a war conducted in an Islamic nation, the fallout--as one Pentagon staffer would later say--'would be as bad as Abu Ghraib.'

But the Pentagon's top officials were apparently unconcerned about the effect such a disclosure might have on the conduct of the war or on Bush's public standing. When colleagues complained to Shaffer that including a religious message with an intelligence briefing seemed inappropriate, Shaffer politely informed them that the practice would continue, because "my seniors"--JCS chairman Richard Myers, Rumsfeld, and the commander in chief himself--appreciated the cover pages." [...]

Bible-Quoting Defense Memos and Holy War

I remember when GQ published the article & had the 'slideshow' contained in the article. The original GQ article is still available on the web, but not the memo/photos... unless you 'google the images' which I linked within my post.

God talks to IsiL as well. I guess 'god' has varying messages and requests depending on who he is 'speaking' to.

Like he'll ignore 6 million human beings being gassed to death and screaming for mercy, but he'll help a wide receiver catch a touchdown.

Which leaves one wondering, what would he do if there were 6 million wide receivers screaming for help? I mean someone has to lose.

You didn't answer my question.

Um, because they are thinking they are the supreme being, they are talking to themselves and trying to rationalize their actions to everyone else. Or they are plan nuts.

Forum List

Back