Zone1 Explain God to Me

The word god currently refers to this celestial dictatorship in the sky.
He does NOT own any planets and there’s no reason for anyone to believe he ever existed.
People insist on using the wrong word for the King of His Universe, and they insist on using the wrong name for Him. Nonetheless, He is in charge. Ignore Him and go against Him if you please, but it you do, there is no future for you beyond your life span.

People insist on using the wrong word for the King of His Universe, and they insist on using the wrong name for Him. Nonetheless, He is in charge. Ignore Him and go against Him if you please, but it you do, there is no future for you beyond your life span.

2 billion Hindus, 2 billion Muslims and 1 billion atheists disagree. That's ~ 5,000,000,000 to 1
Do you have any solid proof...or are you (like all of them) operating purely on "faith" ?

I used to be a solid believer but I just can't reconcile a "loving God" needing to allow so much pain, torture and suffering.

Sum Ting Wong

I’ll repeat it for you. There is no god and never has been. You have no evidence of it and never will.

If is the laws if nature and physics which control the universe and not some silly god.

I’m an atheist and don’t expect anything after I die whereas you arrogant godbotherers expect eternal life after death. That in itself is an oxymoron. Life after death??? Don’t make me laugh.
There is nothing for everyone after you die. Being frightened of death and believing in a supernatural diety will not give you eternal life.

Don’t threaten people with this hell rubbish. It is a religious manufactured
Threat to keep the likes of you in line.
It doesn’t apply to atheists nor do you have proof it exists.

Maybe there's a God, maybe there isn't. No one knows. Each faction claims theirs is the one and only "true God".
I see good and I see evil. These days it seems there is more evil so, maybe, just maybe, if there is a God "it" gets restless and likes entertainment.....
And life is it because it gets boring watching stars come about and then explode rinse repeat.

based on the reality of the inexplicable amount of suffering on this, the only known planet hosting life I would have to come of the opinion that if there is a God, it's bored and gets a kick out of seeing things tortured and suffer. But otherwise couldn't care less.

After all, if it's God, it didn't have to be this way.
That or we live in some kind of F'd up Matrix pseudo reality and nothing is really as it seems.

No, the thing is, God honors free will. And with free will comes the potential for evil. That's the price of free will, that some people will inevitably abuse it and choose to do evil things.

But the alternative would be the inability to make choices, and that would make us like pre-programmed robots... which would be not only pointless but immoral. God wants us to love, trust and obey Him willingly, on our own volition... because anything else wouldn't be genuine, it would be meaningless.

God hates evil, He's not restless or "entertained" by it... come on. lol. :)

The good news is, there IS true justice and everyone is accountable to God for all their actions in this life. Some people might get away with things in this life, but they won't ultimately. Make no mistake about that.

Maybe there's a God, maybe there isn't. No one knows. Each faction claims theirs is the one and only "true God".
I see good and I see evil. These days it seems there is more evil so, maybe, just maybe, if there is a God "it" gets restless and likes entertainment.....
And life is it because it gets boring watching stars come about and then explode rinse repeat.

based on the reality of the inexplicable amount of suffering on this, the only known planet hosting life I would have to come of the opinion that if there is a God, it's bored and gets a kick out of seeing things tortured and suffer. But otherwise couldn't care less.
Why would God sit around for millions of years watching dinosaurs eat each other?
maybe God got bored with them eventually and created man hoping for a better "game"?
Humans have been and will be predicting that "Day of reckoning" since he walked upright. Still no proof.

After all, if it's God, it didn't have to be this way.
That or we live in some kind of F'd up Matrix pseudo reality and nothing is really as it seems and were all just electrical blobs in a bath of sorts
providing some weird kind of energy to a much higher being.

Or maybe I'm just :cuckoo:
It always amazes me that god supposed to have sat around for 14 billion years and did absolutely nothing to improve life on the planet.
Then suddenly 2000 years ago he addressed it. We can’t have these atheists and homosexuals roaming around. Why then? Because that’s when humanoids got serious about believing the rubbish.

I’ll repeat it for you. There is no god and never has been. You have no evidence of it and never will.

If is the laws if nature and physics which control the universe and not some silly god.

I’m an atheist and don’t expect anything after I die whereas you arrogant godbotherers expect eternal life after death. That in itself is an oxymoron. Life after death??? Don’t make me laugh.
There is nothing for everyone after you die. Being frightened of death and believing in a supernatural diety will not give you eternal life.

Don’t bother disagreeing love, prove me wrong if you can. I know you can so it’s best you leave it there.

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You have nothing and in 2000 years plenty more of that.

I’ll challenge you and any other godbotherer on here to produce irrefutable evidence it exists. Not bibles or psalms or gospels. Just raw proof.

We’ll see how good you are now

Ah, I remember you. The angry militant atheist who always uses the phrase "godbotherer"....I don't remember the old screen name, but that is you, right? I'm just asking because your posts and your vibe are identical to that guy... I don't know if he got banned or what. :dunno:

Ah, I remember you. The angry militant atheist who always uses the phrase "godbotherer"....I don't remember the old screen name, but that is you, right? I'm just asking because your posts and your vibe are identical to that guy... I don't know if he got banned or what. :dunno:
Not me love but it is a common term amongst atheists. Quote apt really and it usually hurts, as I can see.

I’m not angry about anything. Believers always refer to critics as angry and Ive never understood why. You have done it again. The way you have jumped down my throat indicates it could be you who’s angry.

That aside, it must have had a profound effect on you or was it the constructive criticism.

God is invisible. God is silent. That is all I have learned about God personally. I have heard some other stuff but those are the only attributes I have been able to verify for myself.

Looky here! A moron who claims to know the unknowable is trying to convince everyone he’s the smartest one!
1666137671954.gif

Looky here! A moron who claims to know the unknowable is trying to convince everyone he’s the smartest one!
View attachment 712147
Silly cartoons are not a defence.

We gaze outside and we see the same things. I see evidence of evolution and change of the earth for 13 billion years.
You see the same image and yet see an invisible creator that hasn't left one indicator it was done by him.
you then rush back to the good book to re affirm your hideous beliefs rather than question the information in front of you.
don't stop there though. Now you believe because of your eternal delusions you warrant eternal life to be provided by some ghost that has still remained invisible forever.

Keep in mind we both witnessed the same view. Without taking this conversation one word further, which one sounds more plausible in this age of science and physics not to mention the evidence already proven.

As for proof of god, I rely entirely on evidence. There is none so there is no god.
if you have evidence there is, you should release it to the world.

Silly cartoons are not a defence.

We gaze outside and we see the same things. I see evidence of evolution and change of the earth for 13 billion years.
You see the same image and yet see an invisible creator that hasn't left one indicator it was done by him.
you then rush back to the good book to re affirm your hideous beliefs rather than question the information in front of you.
don't stop there though. Now you believe because of your eternal delusions you warrant eternal life to be provided by some ghost that has still remained invisible forever.

Keep in mind we both witnessed the same view. Without taking this conversation one word further, which one sounds more plausible in this age of science and physics not to mention the evidence already proven.

As for proof of god, I rely entirely on evidence. There is none so there is no god.
if you have evidence there is, you should release it to the world.
You claim to know the unknowable and discount the only explanations possible for life to exist.

That’s all everyone needs to know about you and your opinions.

It always amazes me that god supposed to have sat around for 14 billion years and did absolutely nothing to improve life on the planet.
Then suddenly 2000 years ago he addressed it. We can’t have these atheists and homosexuals roaming around. Why then? Because that’s when humanoids got serious about believing the rubbish.
And here you validate how totally clueless you are about the Judeo-Christian faiths.

On top of that you validate the one true God is of the Judeo-Christian faiths by never attacking any other of the multitude of faiths.

Thank you.

You claim to know the unknowable and discount the only explanations possible for life to exist.

That’s all everyone needs to know about you and your opinions.

Actually I think an entity exempt from the laws of time and space creating oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon in the beginning is more likely than these elements appearing on their own.

An atheistic philosophy can only go back to those three elements. Nobody has a good explanation as to where they come from.

And here you validate how totally clueless you are about the Judeo-Christian faiths.

On top of that you validate the one true God is of the Judeo-Christian faiths by never attacking any other of the multitude of faiths.

Thank you.
I condemn all the religions for exactly the same reason. Every single one is a production of mankind's fear of death, superstitions, brainwashed low IQ adherents and more lies the a golf course.

I hope that satisfies your appetite to bash me. Are you clear on my position now?

I condemn all the religions for exactly the same reason. Every single one is a production of mankind's fear of death, superstitions, brainwashed low IQ adherents and more lies the a golf course.

I hope that satisfies your appetite to bash me. Are you clear on my position now?
All evil people hate God. Especially those claiming to know the unknowable and admits he has no clue why life exists.

And no, you fully support all non Judeo-Christian faiths as we’ve seen in this thread only singling out your spittle for Yahweh.

2 billion Hindus, 2 billion Muslims and 1 billion atheists disagree. That's ~ 5,000,000,000 to 1
Do you have any solid proof...or are you (like all of them) operating purely on "faith" ?

I used to be a solid believer but I just can't reconcile a "loving God" needing to allow so much pain, torture and suffering.

Sum Ting Wong
Keep in mind we do not live in heaven. God is not going to wipe the tears from our eyes.

00f46b_b1b7883a47fd43a88b0a8c4f841d35f9~mv2.jpg

We have freedom to do as we wish on this earth and when we do evil we often hurt others.

Imagine the pain and suffering Vlad Putin could cause if he is not bluffing about using nuclear weapons in his invasion of Ukraine.

Just one nuclear missile can ruin your entire day.

Forum List

Back