Experts Say White House 'Misrepresented' Views to Justify Drilling Moratorium

Then why did Obama approve them?

At this point, I believe he had to choose the lesser of two evils. His decision is a short term fix to a long term problem.

Do you know how long it takes to create those berms?

Within 30 days, if he decided it was NOT the way to go, there would be very little negative affect if any. But those 30 days would have been a nice head start if he opted to say yes.

Wake up and smell the coffee VaYank.

He waited for the internal poll numbers to come in regarding the two choices. And if you dont think that is what took him time to make the decision on troop deployment, then you are not a thinking man.

A pervert? Yes. A thinking man? No.

Oh PLEASE. PLEASE show me these "internal poll numbers" you speak of. Who the fuck would they have polled? In case you hadn't noticed, Americans are far more pissed off at BP than they are our Federal government, so what did these magic polls tell our POTUS to do?

At this point, I believe he had to choose the lesser of two evils. His decision is a short term fix to a long term problem.

Within 30 days, if he decided it was NOT the way to go, there would be very little negative affect if any. But those 30 days would have been a nice head start if he opted to say yes.

He waited for the internal poll numbers to come in regarding the two choices. And if you dont think that is what took him time to make the decision on troop deployment, then you are not a thinking man.

Oh PLEASE. PLEASE show me these "internal poll numbers" you speak of. Who the fuck would they have polled? In case you hadn't noticed, Americans are far more pissed off at BP than they are our Federal government, so what did these magic polls tell our POTUS to do?

whoa....wait a minute...

You dont know that the administration polls on a regular basis? ALL administrations do with EVERYTHING. Local admiinistrations do as well.

That is not some hidden fact. Jeeze....are you serious?

Please say it was a weak moment. You can not be that naive.

whoa....wait a minute...

You dont know that the administration polls on a regular basis? ALL administrations do with EVERYTHING. Local admiinistrations do as well.

Rather than attempt to be funny, (being a pervert does not make you funny), why not just answer the question. WHO would they have polled with this kind of question?

whoa....wait a minute...

Rather than attempt to be funny, (being a pervert does not make you funny), why not just answer the question. WHO would they have polled with this kind of question?

They have a variety of focus groups VaYank. It is a very big business. There are companies that are hired by local governments, state governments and the federal government to poll reagrding a variety of initiatives. It is done on a daily basis. It allows them to be prepared for the public backlash....or to make the "popular decision".

Anytime a "snap" decision is required and it takes time, they are waiting for the poll results.

Sample question for this situation:

If berms are built and it prevents oil slick damage to the shoreline, but 5 years later it creates other ecological side affects, would you:

1) Blame BP
2) Blame the President
3) Blame the contractor
4) realize it was needed at the time and blame no one

VaYank...it is done with EVERY administration. Not just this one. The only difference with this administration, in my eyes, is he will wait until all of the poll numbers come in before making a decision. Just as he did with the amount of troops situation in afghanistan.

So you see VaYank, that is why it took him so long. Not becuase they had to conduct "ecological studies". They had already done that years ago.

whoa....wait a minute...

They have a variety of focus groups VaYank. It is a very big business. There are companies that are hired by local governments, state governments and the federal government to poll reagrding a variety of initiatives. It is done on a daily basis. It allows them to be prepared for the public backlash....or to make the "popular decision".

Anytime a "snap" decision is required and it takes time, they are waiting for the poll results.

If berms are built and it prevents oil slick damage to the shoreline, but 5 years later it creates other ecological side affects, would you:

1) Blame BP
2) Blame the President
3) Blame the contractor

VaYank...it is done with EVERY administration. Not just this one. The only difference with this administration, in my eyes, is he will wait until all of the poll numbers come in before making a decision. Just as he did with the amount of troops situation in afghanistan.

So you see VaYank, that is why it took him so long. Not becuase they had to conduct "ecological studies". They had already done that years ago.

Seeing as how you have NO real evidence to back this up, are you basically just hoping that I will buy this bullshit? I would be willing to bet you my next paycheck that if you randomly called 100 people in the United States before the oil leak occurred, only about 20 of them would have even known what a "berm" was...People in the United States are just THAT stupid.

1) Blame BP
2) Blame the President
3) Blame the contractor

Seeing as how you have NO real evidence to back this up, are you basically just hoping that I will buy this bullshit? I would be willing to bet you my next paycheck that if you randomly called 100 people in the United States before the oil leak occurred, only about 20 of them would have even known what a "berm" was...People in the United States are just THAT stupid.

No real evidence to back it up?
VaYank...it is not some hidden fact. All administrations have pollsters.
There are many companies in NY that bid for the contract every time there is a change of administration of Mayor.
It is an industry.

It is a major arm of the Public Relations industry.
I am not making something up.
I can not believe you had no idea about that stuff.
Jeez...it is big news when a company wins the bid for NYC Mayor polling.

How long before the right comes out with their conspiracy theory that the explosion on the Deep Water Horizon was an inside government job, orchestrated by the Obama administration to push their agenda to stop all oil drilling off our coast line?:cuckoo:

We'll leave that way of thinking to the loony left who still insists that 9/11 was an inside job.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
How long before the right comes out with their conspiracy theory that the explosion on the Deep Water Horizon was an inside government job, orchestrated by the Obama administration to push their agenda to stop all oil drilling off our coast line?:cuckoo:

We'll leave that way of thinking to the loony left who still insists that 9/11 was an inside job.

:cuckoo:

Yeah...those leftist birthers are a hoot, aren't they?:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back