Gibbs Sidesteps Social Security Question--Asked About Obamas ID from Connecticut.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by USArmyRetired, Jun 11, 2010.

1. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    Press Sec Gibbs was asked why Obama is using a Connecticut Social Security number when he never lived there. The Connecticut Social Security Number uncovered by private investigators, who, working independently, found that President Obama is using a Social Security number set aside for applicants in Connecticut, while there is no record he ever had a mailing address there. It matches the number on his Selective Service Card so it is apparently valid. Gibb did not answer. He responded to the question with a question, thus avoiding the question altogether. Something is not right with this situation and how did Obama end up with a SS number reserved for people in a state which he did not live in? This story is now on Politico and making airwaves.

POLITICO Forums:pOLITICO 44 Boxes: Birther in the briefing - POLITICO.com

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs confronted WorldNetDaily correspondent Lester Kinsolving in the White House briefing Thursday, challenging the reporter to say whether he believed President Obama is a U.S. citizen after questioning the authenticity of Obama's Social Security number.

In the last question of the day, Kinsolving asked Gibbs "why the president is using a Social Security Number reserved for Connecticut applicants"

read this:

Still seeking an explanation for Obama’s SSN / June 2, 2010 / Sonoran News

President Obama’s Selective Service System registration, 61-1125539-1 was verified by entering his last name, date of birth: Aug. 4, 1961, and Social Security number 042-68-4425, a number issued in Connecticut between 1976 and 1979, which is when Obama was attending high school in Hawaii, to an individual born in 1890.

This is the SSN he has used at least since he was a Senator.
    The SSA neither issues Connecticut SSNs to Hawaiian residents nor does it ‘recycle’ dead people's SSNs.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    I made a boo boo on my daughter's bank account, and transposed a number. The SS admin told the bank that the number I gave was invalid, as it belonged to a dead person, and the bank shut down the account until I found the right number.

They do check

But this is so pointless a discussion anyway.

I thought he did grad school in CT?

3. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    You are dealing with a Tea Bagger and possible birther.......logic is pointless.

4. kwc57

kwc57 BOHICA Obama

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    I predict this will move to Conspiracy Theory before the day is out.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    It's no conspiracy that his SS number matches the one on his selective service papers. How did he get a Connecticut SS number when he was living in Hawaii?

6. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    No. He was living in Hawaii at the time. He signed up for Selective Service in 1980 so he had the SS number then apparently because it matches his SS Number on his Selective Service papers.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  7. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    MR. GIBBS: Lester.

Q Thank you very much. First sentence. (Laughter.) WorldNetDaily’s correspondent Dr. Jerome Corsi reports that in the U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, a lawsuit has been filed by investigators in Ohio and Colorado concerning the President’s Social Security number. Second sentence –

Gibbs-Q Birth certificate –

Lester-Q He reports — no, I did not bring up the birth certificate — He reports that investigators Susan Daniels and John Sampson are asking, why the President is using a Social Security numbers reserved for Connecticut applicants. And my question, did you know –

MR. GIBBS: Hold on, that’s two sentences, Lester. That — I –

Q That’s two sentences, and my question — (laughter) — do you know of any record that the President ever had a mailing address in Connecticut?

MR. GIBBS: Lester, I –

Q That was — I’ve been asked to ask you.

MR. GIBBS: I know there are faithful readers of your publication that despite –

Q Including you.

MR. GIBBS: Oh, well, I don’t know that I would necessarily mark myself down at an avid reader or a faithful reader. I continue to be amazed, Lester, that two years after putting the President’s birth certificate on the Internet –

Q Without a hospital and without a doctor –

MR. GIBBS: Do you think the President was born here, Lester?

Q Beg pardon?

MR. GIBBS: Do you think the President was born in the United States?

Q I don’t know. I’d love to get the real birth certificate, wouldn’t you?

MR. GIBBS: I’ve seen the real birth certificate. I put it on the Internet and I appreciate your –

Q But you’re not answering this question.

MR. GIBBS: I appreciate your forthrightness on the birth answer.

Q Thank you.

END
    2:33 P.M. EDT

8. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,074
    What happened to kook threads being moved to the kook section of the forum?

9. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    Doesnt anyone care about the fact that the question had nothing to do with whether or not Obama was a citizen yet Gibbs successfuully turned it into a discussion of the birth certificate...thus minimizing the credibility of the questioner?

He was aksking about his SS number.

And not only did Gibbs not answer him, but he made a mockery of the man....when, in fact, the man asked a very sane and rational question.

And not one person who suppoorts this administration finds that disturbing?

Why?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Dude...the guys President.....if there was a situation with his birth certificate or SS number it would have come out already. Quit acting like a total dumb fuck and give it a rest.