Gibbs Sidesteps Social Security Question--Asked About Obamas ID from Connecticut.

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Press Sec Gibbs was asked why Obama is using a Connecticut Social Security number when he never lived there. The Connecticut Social Security Number uncovered by private investigators, who, working independently, found that President Obama is using a Social Security number set aside for applicants in Connecticut, while there is no record he ever had a mailing address there. It matches the number on his Selective Service Card so it is apparently valid. Gibb did not answer. He responded to the question with a question, thus avoiding the question altogether. Something is not right with this situation and how did Obama end up with a SS number reserved for people in a state which he did not live in? This story is now on Politico and making airwaves.

POLITICO Forums:pOLITICO 44 Boxes: Birther in the briefing - POLITICO.com

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs confronted WorldNetDaily correspondent Lester Kinsolving in the White House briefing Thursday, challenging the reporter to say whether he believed President Obama is a U.S. citizen after questioning the authenticity of Obama's Social Security number.

In the last question of the day, Kinsolving asked Gibbs "why the president is using a Social Security Number reserved for Connecticut applicants"

read this:

Still seeking an explanation for Obama’s SSN / June 2, 2010 / Sonoran News

President Obama’s Selective Service System registration, 61-1125539-1 was verified by entering his last name, date of birth: Aug. 4, 1961, and Social Security number 042-68-4425, a number issued in Connecticut between 1976 and 1979, which is when Obama was attending high school in Hawaii, to an individual born in 1890.

This is the SSN he has used at least since he was a Senator.
The SSA neither issues Connecticut SSNs to Hawaiian residents nor does it ‘recycle’ dead people's SSNs.

Last edited:
I made a boo boo on my daughter's bank account, and transposed a number. The SS admin told the bank that the number I gave was invalid, as it belonged to a dead person, and the bank shut down the account until I found the right number.

They do check

But this is so pointless a discussion anyway.

I thought he did grad school in CT?

• Banned
I predict this will move to Conspiracy Theory before the day is out.
It's no conspiracy that his SS number matches the one on his selective service papers. How did he get a Connecticut SS number when he was living in Hawaii?

• Banned
I made a boo boo on my daughter's bank account, and transposed a number. The SS admin told the bank that the number I gave was invalid, as it belonged to a dead person, and the bank shut down the account until I found the right number.

They do check

But this is so pointless a discussion anyway.

I thought he did grad school in CT?
No. He was living in Hawaii at the time. He signed up for Selective Service in 1980 so he had the SS number then apparently because it matches his SS Number on his Selective Service papers.

Last edited:
  • Banned
You are dealing with a Tea Bagger and possible birther.......logic is pointless.
MR. GIBBS: Lester.

Q Thank you very much. First sentence. (Laughter.) WorldNetDaily’s correspondent Dr. Jerome Corsi reports that in the U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, a lawsuit has been filed by investigators in Ohio and Colorado concerning the President’s Social Security number. Second sentence –

Gibbs-Q Birth certificate –

Lester-Q He reports — no, I did not bring up the birth certificate — He reports that investigators Susan Daniels and John Sampson are asking, why the President is using a Social Security numbers reserved for Connecticut applicants. And my question, did you know –

MR. GIBBS: Hold on, that’s two sentences, Lester. That — I –

Q That’s two sentences, and my question — (laughter) — do you know of any record that the President ever had a mailing address in Connecticut?

MR. GIBBS: Lester, I –

Q That was — I’ve been asked to ask you.

MR. GIBBS: I know there are faithful readers of your publication that despite –

Q Including you.

MR. GIBBS: Oh, well, I don’t know that I would necessarily mark myself down at an avid reader or a faithful reader. I continue to be amazed, Lester, that two years after putting the President’s birth certificate on the Internet –

Q Without a hospital and without a doctor –

MR. GIBBS: Do you think the President was born here, Lester?

Q Beg pardon?

MR. GIBBS: Do you think the President was born in the United States?

Q I don’t know. I’d love to get the real birth certificate, wouldn’t you?

MR. GIBBS: I’ve seen the real birth certificate. I put it on the Internet and I appreciate your –

Q But you’re not answering this question.

MR. GIBBS: I appreciate your forthrightness on the birth answer.

Q Thank you.

END
2:33 P.M. EDT

Doesnt anyone care about the fact that the question had nothing to do with whether or not Obama was a citizen yet Gibbs successfuully turned it into a discussion of the birth certificate...thus minimizing the credibility of the questioner?

He was aksking about his SS number.

And not only did Gibbs not answer him, but he made a mockery of the man....when, in fact, the man asked a very sane and rational question.

And not one person who suppoorts this administration finds that disturbing?

Why?

You are dealing with a Tea Bagger and possible birther.......logic is pointless.
MR. GIBBS: Lester.

Q Thank you very much. First sentence. (Laughter.) WorldNetDaily’s correspondent Dr. Jerome Corsi reports that in the U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, a lawsuit has been filed by investigators in Ohio and Colorado concerning the President’s Social Security number. Second sentence –

Gibbs-Q Birth certificate –

Lester-Q He reports — no, I did not bring up the birth certificate — He reports that investigators Susan Daniels and John Sampson are asking, why the President is using a Social Security numbers reserved for Connecticut applicants. And my question, did you know –

MR. GIBBS: Hold on, that’s two sentences, Lester. That — I –

Q That’s two sentences, and my question — (laughter) — do you know of any record that the President ever had a mailing address in Connecticut?

MR. GIBBS: Lester, I –

Q That was — I’ve been asked to ask you.

MR. GIBBS: I know there are faithful readers of your publication that despite –

Q Including you.

MR. GIBBS: Oh, well, I don’t know that I would necessarily mark myself down at an avid reader or a faithful reader. I continue to be amazed, Lester, that two years after putting the President’s birth certificate on the Internet –

Q Without a hospital and without a doctor –

MR. GIBBS: Do you think the President was born here, Lester?

Q Beg pardon?

MR. GIBBS: Do you think the President was born in the United States?

Q I don’t know. I’d love to get the real birth certificate, wouldn’t you?

MR. GIBBS: I’ve seen the real birth certificate. I put it on the Internet and I appreciate your –

Q But you’re not answering this question.

MR. GIBBS: I appreciate your forthrightness on the birth answer.

Q Thank you.

END
2:33 P.M. EDT

Dude...the guys President.....if there was a situation with his birth certificate or SS number it would have come out already. Quit acting like a total dumb fuck and give it a rest.

Dude...the guys President.....if there was a situation with his birth certificate or SS number it would have come out already. Quit acting like a total dumb fuck and give it a rest.

I dont see it as a "citizen" issue.

I see the Conn SS situation as something that is relevant as it pertains to his history as a tax payer and most certainly a question that should have been answered.

Why didnt Gibbs answer the question? Why did he divert to the "birther conspiracy" thing when one thing has nothing to do with another?

The Social Security website confirms the first three numbers in his ID are reserved for applicants with Connecticut addresses, 040-049.

Employer Filing Instructions & Information - Social Security Number Allocations

Do it yourself. I did. Hell I even pulled up my selective service number by using my SS number. I didn't even know what mine was since it's been so long.
https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx

President Obama’s Selective Service System registration, 61-1125539-1 was verified by entering his last name, date of birth: Aug. 4, 1961, and Social Security number 042-68-4425, a number issued in Connecticut between 1976 and 1979, which is when Obama was attending high school in Hawaii, to an individual born in 1890.

First, Obama's father lived in Connecticutt.
Second, he could of got his SSN number while in Indonesia, with it being processed in Connecticutt.
Quit being an idiot Farmer Ted. If there was a criminal issue, I am sure sure the FBI, CIA, or SS department would have figured it out a long time ago. :cuckoo:

I dont see it as a "citizen" issue.

I see the Conn SS situation as something that is relevant as it pertains to his history as a tax payer and most certainly a question that should have been answered.

Why didnt Gibbs answer the question? Why did he divert to the "birther conspiracy" thing when one thing has nothing to do with another?

Whooooopty dooooo...my daughter was born in Thailand and I applied for a SSN for her in Cali.....she lives in Florida....big deal....those States have 2 different 3 digit prefixes....Obama's parents applied for the number when they were in Conn.

Second, he could of got his SSN number while in Indonesia, with it being processed in Connecticutt.
Quit being an idiot Farmer Ted. If there was a criminal issue, I am sure sure the FBI, CIA, or SS department would have figured it out a long time ago. :cuckoo:

Now....you see? I had no idea his dad lived in Connecticut.

So that is a very valid answer.

Why didnt Gibbs simply answer the question? I mean, you did and yoiuy dont get paid to inform the public.

Gibbs used the question to mock someone who he does not like.

We pay him to do that crap?

There are still so many unanswered questions about this President's past. I've never seen a President we knew so little about. How did he become President? It makes you think the whole thing is rigged somehow. We still know very little about this guy and his family. It really is weird stuff. Who really decided this guy would be President? I'm not much of a conspiracy buff but this guy being President still doesn't make any sense. So much is still not known about him. There has been some kind of massive cover-up pertaining to this guy's past. That's pretty obvious to everyone. Who is this President really?

Obama Sr. attended Harvard in MA, graduated in 1965, and returned to Kenya. This article, puts Obama Sr. in Kenya from graduation to his decline and death. He did work for a US oil company in Kenya, then the Kenyan government, but he never lived in CT. In fact, after the assasination of Mboya in 1969, he was stripped of his passport.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/23/AR2008082301620_pf.html

Last edited:
We really have never had a President we knew so little about. Him and his family's pasts are still so murky. You still can't seem to get a straight answer on anything about his past. It really is bizarre stuff. What do we really know about this guy? Is does make you think that the whole thing is one big fix. Who is this guy really? Hmm?

Why didnt Gibbs simply answer the question? I mean, you did and yoiuy dont get paid to inform the public.

Maybe because we have REAL issues in this country to focus our attention on?:eusa_eh:

Maybe because we have REAL issues in this country to focus our attention on?:eusa_eh:

He asked a simple question VaYank. And it was one that was a valid question.

In the time Gibbs used to sidestep the question, he could have answered it.
It took someone 10 seconds on here to answer it.

And do you watch the press conferecnes? I dont anymore, But I used to. Gibbs spends time talking baseball, basketball, academy awards, menus for dinners, etc.

Sorry VaYank. That is not the reason.

Forum List

Back