Experts Say White House 'Misrepresented' Views to Justify Drilling Moratorium

Yeah, it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo unfair.

It's only okay to milk a disaster like Katrina for political points like the left did!

It's NOT okay when it happens to Obama!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S DIFFERENT! :lol::lol::lol:

And even Obama had to admit if the stupid federal government didn't force deep water drilling, and allowed it closer inland this spill would have been capped by now.

But what does Obama do. He doesn't allow Jendal to do anything because he's a republican, and it's all political with Obama, and takes vacations and has Paul McCartney go to the Whitehouse.

And what do you do? Whine it's unfair. Boo freaking hoo!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who the hell is Jendal? And how is Obama stopping him from doing what he wants?

My bad, I misspelled his name. Bobby Jindal.

But if you don't know who the hell Jindal is, in regards to this disaster, what the hell are you even wasting our time, discussing this issue.

You obviously are too uninformed to bother with.

Oh, you mean Piyush Jindal. Now, tell me what Obama is preventing him from doing, again?

But if you don't know who the hell Jindal is, in regards to this disaster, what the hell are you even wasting our time, discussing this issue.

Oh, you mean Piyush Jindal. Now, tell me what Obama is preventing him from doing, again?

It took Obama over 30 days from request to approve the berms. What was Obama waiting for? Divine intervention?

It took Obama over 30 days from request to approve the berms. What was Obama waiting for? Divine intervention?

They are called the "Army Corp of Engineers". Perhaps you have heard of them, JARHEAD?

Protecting his shorelines. The Obama admin is acting with sloth. When Jindal wanted to immediately start building sand berms to keep the oil out of the marshes, the Obama Zombies demanded an environmental impact study be done first. (The Obama Zombies are REALLY, REALLY stupid people).

This is opposite of the tact they took when they granted BP a waiver on the required environmental impact study related to the Deepwater Horizon...you know...that rig that blew up and sank.

Obama and cronies have been in bed with BP for a long time...granting things for BP that they balk at granting for a state Governor in a perilous situation.

They are called the "Army Corp of Engineers". Perhaps you have heard of them, JARHEAD?

I will say it again. It took Obama over 30 days to approve the berms. Whgat was Obama waiting for? Divine intervention?

I will say it again. It took Obama over 30 days to approve the berms. Whgat was Obama waiting for? Divine intervention?

Studies being conducted by the Army Corp of Engneers. Do you have ANY idea what sort of ecological problems these berms can and probably still will cause this fragile ecosystem?

I know you won't bother to read it...but VERY interesting stuff here. I learned some new things.

http://throughthesandglass.typepad.com/through_the_sandglass/2010/05/gulf-sand-berms-a-massive-and-risky-experiment.html

Last edited:

Studies being conducted by the Army Corp of Engneers. Do you have ANY idea what sort of ecological problems these berms can and probably still will cause this fragile ecosystem?

Nope. I dont. And neither do you.
And I may be wrong, but I doubt it took 30 days for the ACoE to conduct a study. It would have taken much longer than that.
WHich means, they knew already what the impact of building them was compared to the impact of not building them.

SO I again ask:

It took Obama over 30 days to approve the berms. What was Obama waiting for? Divine intervention?

And I may be wrong, but I doubt it took 30 days for the ACoE to conduct a study. It would have taken much longer than that.
WHich means, they knew already what the impact of building them was compared to the impact of not building them.

SO I again ask:

It took Obama over 30 days to approve the berms. What was Obama waiting for? Divine intervention?

Gulf sand berms: a massive and risky experiment - Through The Sandglass

SO I again ask:

I understand.

BUT WHY DID IT TAKE 30 DAYS TO GIVE THE APPROVAL? They knew the impact 30 days ago...why did it take 30 days to give the approval?

SO I again ask:

I understand.

BUT WHY DID IT TAKE 30 DAYS TO GIVE THE APPROVAL? They knew the impact 30 days ago...why did it take 30 days to give the approval?

I give up. I cannot explain it any clearer.

I understand.

I give up. I cannot explain it any clearer.

Yoiu give up becuase you dont have an answer.

Listen closely...

They knew BEFORE this happened what the consequences of the berms may be. Those studies have taken place many times over the years...the pros and cons of the berms.

So it is nothing but rhetoric that it took 30-45 days to approve it becuase they needed to "conduct studies"....it was basic political crap.

So the question is....what took him over 30 days to approve the berms?

My guess? Poll studies to see how his decision will affect him, his administration and his party in the eyes of the public.

Just as was the case with his troop deployment delay.

And only a partisan fool, which you are not by any means, would not realize this.

Holy shit! You people will believe ANYTHING.
So what is your explanation for all this?

For all of WHAT? All of the supposition? You, nor the author, nor the OP have a fucking clue why decisions were made. I happen to believe the moratorium was the right thing to do, based on what we know of BP's negligent actions so far.

Well goody for you. But the seven experts the administration talked to don't agree with you and they're pissed off the administration mislead the public about them.

Here's the first two paragraphs of the linked story:

The seven experts who advised President Obama
on how to deal with offshore drilling safety after the Deepwater Horizon explosion are accusing his administration of misrepresenting their views to make it appear that they supported a six-month drilling moratorium -- something they actually oppose.

The experts, recommended by the National Academy of Engineering, say Interior Secretary Ken Salazar modified their report last month, after they signed it, to include two paragraphs calling for the moratorium on existing drilling and new permits.

And that the idiot Salazar thought he could get away with it says a lot about this sleazy administration.

I know you won't bother to read it...but VERY interesting stuff here. I learned some new things.

That's the problem with the liberals. They want, no DEMAND, that this gets fixed. But then when a solution is presented they find any way they can to stop it.

Do you really believe that TEMPORARY berms to stop the oil from reaching the shoreline are going to cause more ecological damage that OIL REACHING THE SHORELINE?

Rick

That's the problem with the liberals. They want, no DEMAND, that this gets fixed. But then when a solution is presented they find any way they can to stop it.

Do you really believe that TEMPORARY berms to stop the oil from reaching the shoreline are going to cause more ecological damage that OIL REACHING THE SHORELINE?

Rick

IF you had actually read the link, you would know WHY that is exactly a possibility.

Rick

IF you had actually read the link, you would know WHY that is exactly a possibility.

Then why did Obama approve them?

Yeah, because conservatives can THINK unlike the left.

The left blamed Bush for Katrina, but we don't blame Obama for the spill.

We just note the hypocrisy of the left on this. Their hysteria over Katrina ane now they want to give Obama a free pass, while he goes on two vacations and has Paul McCartney seranade him at the White House.

Liberals had a fit because Bush went golfing!!!!!!!!!!

Hypocrites!

No, YOU are the hypocrite for not defending Obama the same way YOU defended Bush.

That is hypocrisy by definition.

Maybe if Obama had got his ass in gear two days AFTER the disaster like Bush, instead of SIX WEEKS after the Gulf Oil Spill like Obama, I WOULD!

Maybe if Obama would look past politics and let Governors try to save their own shores like Jindal wants to do, maybe I would.

You can cry and whine all you want, but the DIFFERENCE between Bush who took charge and Obama who has taken vacations and only NOW claims he has been in charge from the beginning, says it all.

:lol::lol::lol:

The government and administration were involved 2 days into it or less. You're perpetuating a myth.

In other words you're lying.

Rick

At this point, I believe he had to choose the lesser of two evils. His decision is a short term fix to a long term problem.

At this point, I believe he had to choose the lesser of two evils. His decision is a short term fix to a long term problem.

Do you know how long it takes to create those berms?

Within 30 days, if he decided it was NOT the way to go, there would be very little negative affect if any. But those 30 days would have been a nice head start if he opted to say yes.

Wake up and smell the coffee VaYank.

He waited for the internal poll numbers to come in regarding the two choices. And if you dont think that is what took him time to make the decision on troop deployment, then you are not a thinking man.

A pervert? Yes. A thinking man? No.

Rick

Oh, believe me, I read your OPINION PIECE link. So, if I find a link to someone's opinion that oil is good for the environment and post it here you're just going to believe it as the gospel truth?

One person's opinion is not all that convincing, and especially when there is not one shred of proof to back it up. Meanwhile, there is OIL ON THE COASTLINE that could possibly have been stopped by TEMPORARY sand berms.

Do you really not know the definition of temporary? No one is saying we need to make barrier islands that are going to be there permanently. Hence the word TEMPORARY. You know, just long enough to stop the OIL FROM REACHING THE SHORELINE.

Rick

Forum List

Back