Exodus: Gods and Kings

They were mixed towards the end but definitely not during that time period. it would have been rare to see a white person in Egypt during those times so it makes me wonder if the admissions that the Exodus is a false story are true. If not that would mean Joseph was Black or could pass for being Black. All the Copts dont look like the ones in your picture.

nubianvillagechildren357.jpg

Well... Yea. That's why I said the Copts were mixed.

However, so were the Ancient Egyptians. Even before the Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks showed up, Egypt was being invaded, conquered, and just generally mixed with several different groups for several centuries, ranging from the pure blooded African Nubians (time immemorial), to the Middle Eastern and Indo-European Hkysos (2000 B.C. to roughly 1800 B.C.). There were a even a couple of Hkysos and Nubian Pharoahs, if I'm not mistaken.

This makes it kind of hard to tell what race the "original" Egyptians might have belonged to. At the time of Exodus, however (1300 B.C. to 1200 B.C.), we do know that they would have been fairly "multi-ethnic" as a people.
Yes there were some Nubian and Hyksos Pharaohs as well.The ancient Egyptians were never mixed. That didnt occur until after the Egyptians begin warring with other civilizations out side of what we now call Africa. The Egyptian rulers would exchange daughters with the rulers of other nations as a symbol of peace but that didnt make the entire population mixed. It wasnt until the Hyksos actually conquered Egypt in the 1800' BC (if I recall correctly) that the population became more mixed. Even still centuries later several famous Greeks remarked that the Egyptians civilization was a Black one.

The same thing I wanted for you last time....a brain.
Well yours seems to be absent!! Why are you stalking ?

Greg
Who am I stalking? The dummy replied to me like you are doing now when I never said anything to you.
You are off topic. Insulting a person in a non-flame zone is wrong. If you have a beef with someone PM them or take it to the flame zone. You have no idea what Mindful saw in Nazareth wrt phenotypes on show. Egyptians are definitely not homogenous black and frankly contain many of the racial mix you find around the entire region. That you insult someone who has made an observation is ridiculous and nothing to do with the movie!!

And frankly I don't like modern movie interpretations of biblical content as a rule. Far too lefty grunge.

Greg
I didnt insult anyone until they got off topic. Learn how to read and maybe you wont mess up as badly as you just did.
See your pm

Greg
i did. See my reply to your PM..

The level of white washing?

Blue eyes?

Is this an issue?

I've seen blonde blue eyed Arabs wandering around Nazareth Market. Some are red haired with freckles.
Remember all the Greeks in Trojan and Alexander with Scot/Irish accents?

While there are many Biblical References in this movie I feel that it sways far in some and the most critical areas of the true account and meaning of the Bible. I have decided that it is better to watch these movies created and produced by Atheists or God haters or people who refuse to educate themselves with Gods true Word and analyze them with compare and contrast so that less are deceived by Hollywood opinions and slander. If we as Christians just sit back and say that we’re not going to view them because they are not entirely biblical and their junk what does that do for the ones who have never read the bible and they start to believe these Hollywood movies instead. My thought is that if they can’t adhere to at least everything in the bible then don’t make it. After all, the bible says we should not add anything to these words (Proverbs 30: 5-6). There is enough information in the bible to make a full length movie the way it was meant to be made.

Oh boy -There are too many careless, disturbing and dangerous liberties that were taken in making this movie in my opinion. I don’t recommend watching this movie unless you’re familiar with what the bible says about Exodus or at least willing to go back and read the bible – Gods True story and record of Events (it may lead you to believe something that’s not true). Unlike this movie (as well as being the most offensive to me), in the bible God is Terrifying and Glorious with a Thunderous voice. He is so brilliantly bright with his Glory that in our human body we would not be able to stand before him and live. Moses could not directly face Him but later in the book of Exodus God covered him in a cleft of a rock with His mighty hand while he passed before him and Moses was only permitted to look at the back of Him (Ex. 33:19-23). Again – in the Movie, the directors in the extras said that the little boy was not God but a messenger or angel. Yet when Moses asked the boy who he was and the boy said “ I Am”, (God is the great “I Am”??) I even noticed that in the movie Moses never stuttered, was incapable of speaking or was lacking confidence but was portrayed more as a warrior (Ex. 4:10-11). I also noticed in the movie that Aaron never spoke for Moses or even traveled with him. I have to ask if anyone understands what the pyramid of black balls that was present whenever the young boy was around was in the movie. – Weird. There were so many things that the director didn’t have to change about this movie. I feel you should make the movie dramatic and adlib (to make a story line that follows the events and integrity of the Bible but you should not change it completely around just because you have the pen and paper in your hand. It’s meant to be written and remembered the way the bible lays it out for us.

Forum List

Back