Free Speech & Jane Russell

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. hacking story was not one that mattered to me. The headline was more than enough for me when the story broke. Suddenly the story took on a life of its own:

The entire topic is pure horse manure. Hollywood movies are nothing more than the government’s major branch of propaganda; so naturally defending “free speech” had to be trotted out quickly.

Indeed, foreign countries censor American movies if they allow them to be shown at all. The fact is that American movies are shown in America so that American movie fans do not miss the government’s propaganda messages. Especially since the movie industry is subsidized to the tune of billions. Take subsidizes and tax breaks away from movie producers and the industry would go out of business not to mention that all of those theaters would shut their doors. The crapola movies that are produced every year serve one purpose: Supply theaters with an endless of garbage of government propaganda that sell tickets.

Incidentally, Howard Hughes produced The Outlaw and he never got a government subsidy or a tax break. The film was made in 1943 but was not released until 1946. I will bet that Americans would still rather look at Jane Russell in The Outlaw than look at that butcher in North Korea.

Incidentally, Miss Russell’s ample bosom never had to defend freedom of speech:

images

FAMOUS JANE RUSSELL POSTER​

I have a hunch that Rosemary Clooney’s nephew made the mistake of hanging Hollywood’s lucrative propaganda machinery on the issue of free speech. Frankly, Hollywood Lefties place tax dollar priorities well above free speech. I am pretty sure they would rather see the Sony flap go away as soon as possible. The entire thing is so muddled you need a score card to tell where the players stand.

laurie122014.jpg

Oscar winner George Clooney is outraged. In fact, he circulated a letter which sought to generate support for “The Interview” and a fight against Kim Jong Un. The plan was to send a petition to various top-level studio personnel who would sign it, signaling their belief in free speech and their refusal to be bullied by a communist crackpot. He found no one - not one of his Hollywood pals - who was willing to sign it. ...And he isn’t happy about it.​

George Clooney supports President who caves to dictators - Is outraged that Hollywood caves to dicta
By Robert Laurie December 20, 2014

George Clooney supports President who caves to dictators - Is outraged that Hollywood caves to dicta

The Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. hacking story was not one that mattered to me. The headline was more than enough for me when the story broke. Suddenly the story took on a life of its own:

The entire topic is pure horse manure. Hollywood movies are nothing more than the government’s major branch of propaganda; so naturally defending “free speech” had to be trotted out quickly.

Indeed, foreign countries censor American movies if they allow them to be shown at all. The fact is that American movies are shown in America so that American movie fans do not miss the government’s propaganda messages. Especially since the movie industry is subsidized to the tune of billions. Take subsidizes and tax breaks away from movie producers and the industry would go out of business not to mention that all of those theaters would shut their doors. The crapola movies that are produced every year serve one purpose: Supply theaters with an endless of garbage of government propaganda that sell tickets.

Incidentally, Howard Hughes produced The Outlaw and he never got a government subsidy or a tax break. The film was made in 1943 but was not released until 1946. I will bet that Americans would still rather look at Jane Russell in The Outlaw than look at that butcher in North Korea.

Incidentally, Miss Russell’s ample bosom never had to defend freedom of speech:

images

FAMOUS JANE RUSSELL POSTER​

Oooooo ... Jane kissed a dude who hasn't brushed his teeth in a month. Ooooooo

Forum List

Back