Exodus: Gods and Kings

I ran out to see Noah. Huge fan of Aronofsky. Not as excited about this one, but I'll see it eventually. Thanks for the review.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418412900.207115.jpg

This is a movie I want to see, but won't pay for because I feel Hollywood perverts the word of God. So I will be a hypocrite Christian and probable get a pirated copy...especially considering that toilet bowl of a movie, Noah.

The same thing I wanted for you last time....a brain.

My brain tells me this is not a flaming thread.
Stop flaming then and get back to the topic.
This is a movie I want to see, but won't pay for because I feel Hollywood perverts the word of God. So I will be a hypocrite Christian and probable get a pirated copy...especially considering that toilet bowl of a movie, Noah.

The special effects are best experienced on a huge cinema screen,

What do you want this time?

I am one of those people who cares more about the plot and the story telling. Special effects don't impress me.

I am one of those people who cares more about the plot and the story telling. Special effects don't impress me.

Much also depends on the actors and the performances. And the director.

That is true. But I can appreciate actors and performance without a big screen.

That is true. But I can appreciate actors and performance without a big screen.

Me too. But sometimes I like the cinematic "experience"

Okay, I'm still having a problem with a God who kills every first born child in Egypt still being considered "Good" in any moral universe.
I think it was the Pharaoh that said that. What I have a problem with is why would white people go hide a baby in Egypt where all the Black people were at and think he would not stick out like a sore thumb?
You really don't know much about the ethnic mix in the region, do you??

Greg

The level of white washing?

Blue eyes?

Is this an issue?

I've seen blonde blue eyed Arabs wandering around Nazareth Market. Some are red haired with freckles.
You havent seen that many.

You again?
Yep.

Well yours seems to be absent!! Why are you stalking ?

Greg

Okay, I'm still having a problem with a God who kills every first born child in Egypt still being considered "Good" in any moral universe.
I think it was the Pharaoh that said that. What I have a problem with is why would white people go hide a baby in Egypt where all the Black people were at and think he would not stick out like a sore thumb?
You really don't know much about the ethnic mix in the region, do you??

Greg
Evidently I know more than you do about it as well as the history behind it.

They were mixed towards the end but definitely not during that time period. it would have been rare to see a white person in Egypt during those times so it makes me wonder if the admissions that the Exodus is a false story are true. If not that would mean Joseph was Black or could pass for being Black. All the Copts dont look like the ones in your picture.

nubianvillagechildren357.jpg

Well... Yea. That's why I said the Copts were mixed.

However, so were the Ancient Egyptians. Even before the Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks showed up, Egypt was being invaded, conquered, and just generally mixed with several different groups for several centuries, ranging from the pure blooded African Nubians (time immemorial), to the Middle Eastern and Indo-European Hkysos (2000 B.C. to roughly 1800 B.C.). There were a even a couple of Hkysos and Nubian Pharoahs, if I'm not mistaken.

This makes it kind of hard to tell what race the "original" Egyptians might have belonged to. At the time of Exodus, however (1300 B.C. to 1200 B.C.), we do know that they would have been fairly "multi-ethnic" as a people.

Greg
Who am I stalking? The dummy replied to me like you are doing now when I never said anything to you.
You are off topic. Insulting a person in a non-flame zone is wrong. If you have a beef with someone PM them or take it to the flame zone. You have no idea what Mindful saw in Nazareth wrt phenotypes on show. Egyptians are definitely not homogenous black and frankly contain many of the racial mix you find around the entire region. That you insult someone who has made an observation is ridiculous and nothing to do with the movie!!

And frankly I don't like modern movie interpretations of biblical content as a rule. Far too lefty grunge.

Greg

Greg
Who am I stalking? The dummy replied to me like you are doing now when I never said anything to you.
You are off topic. Insulting a person in a non-flame zone is wrong. If you have a beef with someone PM them or take it to the flame zone. You have no idea what Mindful saw in Nazareth wrt phenotypes on show. Egyptians are definitely not homogenous black and frankly contain many of the racial mix you find around the entire region. That you insult someone who has made an observation is ridiculous and nothing to do with the movie!!

And frankly I don't like modern movie interpretations of biblical content as a rule. Far too lefty grunge.

Greg
I didnt insult anyone until they got off topic. Learn how to read and maybe you wont mess up as badly as you just did.

Greg

Greg
I didnt insult anyone until they got off topic. Learn how to read and maybe you wont mess up as badly as you just did.
See your pm

Greg

Forum List

Back