Ex-Gays Face Increasing Harassment

Being gay is like having left handed dominence. Left handedness is in the minority. To a left handed person, using the left hand is as natural as it is for a right handed person to use his right hand.

Left handed people used to be persecuted. They were forced to become right handed because the left hand was considered the hand of the devil.
That's the best analogy. I hope this makes some sense.

Are you gay or just guessing?

Being left or right handed is genetic and a person has no say in the matter.

Being a homo is a choice. A bad choice, but a choice.

I bet you the you would say the best way to get over you misconceptions of Muslims would be to get to know a few, correct? Maybe you should do the same with gays and Jews! :idea:

Being left or right handed is genetic and a person has no say in the matter.

Being a homo is a choice. A bad choice, but a choice.

There is no real scientific evidence to support the claim that homosexuality is the result of genetics -while there is regarding handedness. Behavioral scientists will argue with you all day long that homosexuality is a learned behavior as the result of an experience(s) that occurred at an early age, not the result of genetics. They cite the fact that sexual play among boys is quite common as well as the fact that seduction of boys by an older male is greatly underappreciated as a reality for many boys -as well as the fact that the majority of homosexuals they have interviewed report such experiences at a very early age. Behavioral scientists argue that a certain percentage (not all) of those who experienced sexual pleasure as the result of a person or thing at a very early age -will continue to seek out the same circumstances for sexual pleasure -and the younger the person was when these experiences took place, the more likely they will. Whether it was due to an object (fetish) or another person of the same gender (homosexuality).

I'm not convinced one way or another on this one -but I have some serious doubts that it could be entirely the result of genetics since homosexuals don't usually reproduce to pass on a dominate "homosexual" gene and homosexuality doesn't appear in the population of any society with the same kind of predictable frequency as a recessive genetic condition known to exist in that population of people.

There are many people who have claimed to have left the homosexual lifestyle to become straight forever but the pro-homosexual crowd stubbornly refuses to believe these people while simultaneously insisting themselves that they feel they cannot stop themselves from being gay, now why should one be believed and the other ignored? Gays want people to believe them about their "sexual orientation" but want people to ignore ex-gays and their views about their own "sexual orientation", that is intolerance and gays want the voices of all ex-gays to be silenced simply because it would invalidate their claims about homosexuality being immutable. Gays don't like having their "sexual orientation" questioned so why deny and question somebody else's? Its intolerance, gays ought to practice what they preach.

There are ex-gays, these people exist, by their own words and convictions so who is anybody here to say they don't exist?

There is no real scientific evidence to support the claim that homosexuality is the result of genetics -while there is regarding handedness. Behavioral scientists will argue with you all day long that homosexuality is a learned behavior as the result of an experience(s) that occurred at an early age, not the result of genetics. They cite the fact that sexual play among boys is quite common as well as the fact that seduction of boys by an older male is greatly underappreciated as a reality for many boys -as well as the fact that the majority of homosexuals they have interviewed report such experiences at a very early age. Behavioral scientists argue that a certain percentage (not all) of those who experienced sexual pleasure as the result of a person or thing at a very early age -will continue to seek out the same circumstances for sexual pleasure -and the younger the person was when these experiences took place, the more likely they will. Whether it was due to an object (fetish) or another person of the same gender (homosexuality).

I'm not convinced one way or another on this one -but I have some serious doubts that it could be entirely the result of genetics since homosexuals don't usually reproduce to pass on a dominate "homosexual" gene and homosexuality doesn't appear in the population of any society with the same kind of predictable frequency as a recessive genetic condition known to exist in that population of people.

Your personal doubts aren't science....... a single gene is not dispostive of a predisposition. And what there isn't any scientific proof of is that gays can be forced to "change".

And again...;.why would one try to change people from what they are?

There are ex-gays, these people exist, by their own words and convictions so who is anybody here to say they don't exist?

They are still homosexual. Their sexual orientation will never change, they are simply choosing to enter into relationships with people of the opposite sex. Many of these 'ex gays' are likely miserable - being involved with someone they feel no sexual attraction for.

They are still homosexual. Their sexual orientation will never change, they are simply choosing to enter into relationships with people of the opposite sex. Many of these 'ex gays' are likely miserable - being involved with someone they feel no sexual attraction for.

How would you know this and who the hell are you to speak for these people?

What difference does it make?

Yes. I'm left handed.

I'm trying to understand if you are speaking from personal experience or not. I'd like to ask someone who is really gay my questions. I'm not trying to be offensive.

Forum List

Back