Ex-Gays Face Increasing Harassment

I think it's something that if we had a cure for it would make people happier. What I hear from gays is that it's just horrible to be gay because how the rest of society treats them. If I had something that made society treat me bad I'd want a cure, wouldn't you?

Not sure, depends really.

seriously? so, let's say you had a brother who came out of the closet... would you cease to regard him as family?

I don't care who they where. Friend, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, makes NO difference.

If I found out they were a homo.

They don't exist in my life. Period

Last edited:
I don't care who they where. Friend, son, daughter, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, makes NO difference.

Why so much anger man? Were you abused by gays in the past?

Nah...what's sad is people who ARE intolerant saying that other people are intolerant for calling them on it.

I'm just stating the evidence. You are making assumptions based on nothing. You think that you are the tolerant one, yet nothing you have written is tolerant. I hope you either see the light one day or get some help.

Good luck.

I don't care who they where. Friend, son, daughter, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, cousin, makes NO difference.

so if you had a SON that came out you wuld stop being his father?

damn dude. thats lame as hell.

Conservapedia. Damn, xhead, I actually thought you were more intelligent that this.

You haven't read the thread, Angie. This was in response to the way things work around here. Somebody posts a link and the other says it's biased by posting an equally biased link.

I asked about YOU. Would YOU want a cure?

It would depend on a case by case basis. I can't give you a straight yes or no because there's a whole lot of different circumstances where I'd have something that made society treat me bad

They do not decide to be gay? Where is the evidence for this? There is none.

Thanks for playing.

where's the evidence that they consciously choose to be gay?
there is none.
would you choose a "lifestyle" that relegates you to second class status at best and literally threatens your life at worst?

thanks for trying.

I think she made a good point. Why don't you spend the next week being gay and report back to us about your experience. I think you could offer some unique insights to a week of choosing to be gay.

My wife and I went to a gay church for about a year and a half. We have numerous gay friends. I've read hundreds of scientific articles on the subject. Angie, I seriously doubt anyone here has more experience on the subject than me. Jillian had nothing to back up her statements. She basically said, "you can't choose to be gay." It's that kind of closed-mindedness that is keeping us in the dark ages. Don't join Jillian in this fight. Being intolerant and ignorant is no way to go through life.

You haven't read the thread, Angie. This was in response to the way things work around here. Somebody posts a link and the other says it's biased by posting an equally biased link.

If you think it's biased fine, you can ignore all the un sourced things on the page and follow the sourced ones.

I must admit I do think wikipedia's kind of biased but not as much as the conservapedia crowd.

I don't understand what you're saying. Do you mean if I don't think homosexual behavior is right that I'm intolerant? :confused:

That's partly what she's saying. Basically, she doesn't want anyone to question what SHE believes. To do so makes you intolerant.

My wife and I went to a gay church for about a year and a half. We have numerous gay friends. I've read hundreds of scientific articles on the subject. Angie, I seriously doubt anyone here has more experience on the subject than me. Jillian had nothing to back up her statements. She basically said, "you can't choose to be gay." It's that kind of closed-mindedness that is keeping us in the dark ages. Don't join Jillian in this fight. Being intolerant and ignorant is no way to go through life.

Is being gay a choice?

The world may never know

Ok we might but Lord knows we'll never agree to it when we find out (one section will always stick to it's not a choice another section will always stick to it's not a choice).

It would depend on a case by case basis. I can't give you a straight yes or no because there's a whole lot of different circumstances where I'd have something that made society treat me bad

When people answer like that it makes me wonder why they are even bothering to post.

That's partly what she's saying. Basically, she doesn't want anyone to question what SHE believes. To do so makes you intolerant.

I don't like what homosexuals do, but I don't do anything to stop them from doing it. I don't think I've ever been mean to one, unless excusing myself and leaving is mean. I'm for everyone having civil unions and marriage being a private thing... that seems to at least give them equal treatment under the law. Does any of that make me intolerant? :confused:

Bart Allen's story is an extreme, but more and more ex-gays are reporting being targeted for ridicule or violence for openly leaving homosexual behaviors. In addition, professional groups are being pressured to remain silent about the possibility of change

Probably because these people also claim that they are 'no longer homosexual' - leading people to believe that they no longer harbour feelings toward the same sex, which would be false.

Now, people can certainly leave the homosexual 'lifestyle' by choosing to enter into relationships with those of the opposite sex - because we all choose who we date and who we go to bed with.
However, if someone claimed that they no longer had a sexual attraction toward the same sex, they would be lying, as this would mean they had somehow managed to alter their sexual orientation, which cannot be done.

I expect a few people to claim that you CAN alter your feelings toward people, and I would ask them to temporarily alter their sexual orientation to become homosexual. They won't of course. Why? Because they can't.

Assuming this story is true - and I am sceptical, what with the artical coming from NARTH - then what happened to this young man was dreadful. However, I must question why he was so unhappy with his sexual orientation. Was he brought up to believe that homosexuality was in some way immoral? If so, this would indicate the reason why he felt so depressed.

where's the evidence that they consciously choose to be gay?
there is none.
would you choose a "lifestyle" that relegates you to second class status at best and literally threatens your life at worst?

thanks for trying.

You do make a good point. Most people act on instinct. The people who choose to be gay usually have no idea why they are doing it. It's like a guy who beats his wife. Why does he do it? Eventually, the person will either realize what he's doing and stop (a choice), realize what he's doing and say "I can change who I am" and continue doing it (a choice), or go through life never understanding why he does what he does.

After being around gays for most of my adult life, I will have to disagree with you on your last point. Most gays I know are proud of who they are. They don't consider themselves as second class citizens.

Forum List

Back