Ever Look Under Churches In Your Local Yellow Pages

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
The church owns more real property than any other entity in the world except the governments. Have you ever figured maybe they planned it that way

The Catholic church has been collecting fine art, antiques, gold, silver, etc. for 1700 years. There's enough there that if it were to be sold and the proceeds placed in a trust with the growth each year used to feed the poor...we wouldn't have any poor. 'Course Jesus said the poor will always be with us so I suppose it's a bad idea.

Matthew 26

11) "The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me"

The church owns more real property than any other entity in the world except the governments. Have you ever figured maybe they planned it that way

The Catholic church has been collecting fine art, antiques, gold, silver, etc. for 1700 years. There's enough there that if it were to be sold and the proceeds placed in a trust with the growth each year used to feed the poor...we wouldn't have any poor. 'Course Jesus said the poor will always be with us so I suppose it's a bad idea.

Matthew 26

The Catholic Church does not own the treasures. It collects them in order to preserve the history of mankind. But, you're not one to let reality get in the way of your obsessional hatred of religion. You're a seriously sad bastard.... I suggest you seek professional help.

Matthew 26

The Catholic Church does not own the treasures. It collects them in order to preserve the history of mankind. But, you're not one to let reality get in the way of your obsessional hatred of religion. You're a seriously sad bastard.... I suggest you seek professional help.

If that is living in poverty....i would love to live in the Vatican ! I have to agree.... they are quite the collectors of worldly goods.

Matthew 26

If that is living in poverty....i would love to live in the Vatican ! I have to agree.... they are quite the collectors of worldly goods.

Yes, they are. They collect, restore and keep hundreds of thousands of priceless pieces documenting the history of our planet. They lend those pieces out to museums around the world - at no charge.... Literally millions of pieces that, had it not been for the Church, would have either been destroyed or disappear into private collections - never to be seen by anyone other than the owner. Each and every piece is part of a record of mankind's history... and combine to tell our story as a species.

It's not about a monetary value, it is about our history. Of course, I do not expect mindless fools to understand what the Church does... I do expect you to.

Yes, they are. They collect, restore and keep hundreds of thousands of priceless pieces documenting the history of our planet. They lend those pieces out to museums around the world - at no charge.... Literally millions of pieces that, had it not been for the Church, would have either been destroyed or disappear into private collections - never to be seen by anyone other than the owner. Each and every piece is part of a record of mankind's history... and combine to tell our story as a species.

It's not about a monetary value, it is about our history. Of course, I do not expect mindless fools to understand what the Church does... I do expect you to.

Oh i know what they are doing. I agree with some of it. I understand history keeping and art very well. I would love to have a peek in the vaults.

Some of what the church collects does not fall into that category though. Real estate for example.

Oh i know what they are doing. I agree with some of it. I understand history keeping and art very well. I would love to have a peek in the vaults.

Some of what the church collects does not fall into that category though. Real estate for example.

Its real estate protects the future of the Church. I see nothing wrong with the Church investing to ensure that future.

Even if, as the drooling fool Cammmmpy, suggests.... it sold it's treasures (which it cannot - because they are all held in trust - not owned by the Church)....but... even if it did sell what it does not own.... that money would not solve global poverty.

What I see from the OP is yet another lazy bastard liberal who wants to take from others.

Its real estate protects the future of the Church. I see nothing wrong with the Church investing to ensure that future.

Even if, as the drooling fool Cammmmpy, suggests.... it sold it's treasures (which it cannot - because they are all held in trust - not owned by the Church)....but... even if it did sell what it does not own.... that money would not solve global poverty.

What I see from the OP is yet another lazy bastard liberal who wants to take from others.

Possibly.

But in my opinion they own it all, it belongs to the church. If they do not own it then i would like to claim some of it as mine :)

If they sold everything... it would not be enough to solve world poverty. However, my point was, the way they live in the Vatican...is certainly not living in poverty.

Possibly.

But in my opinion they own it all, it belongs to the church. If they do not own it then i would like to claim some of it as mine :)

If they sold everything... it would not be enough to solve world poverty. However, my point was, the way they live in the Vatican...is certainly not living in poverty.

No one can 'claim it'.... it is held in trust... If you want to commit your life to God, I'm sure the Vatican would welcome you with open arms. But.... I think you'll be in for quite a disappointment about how 'they live in the Vatican'. It may not be quite the opulent lifestyle you think it is. For example, if you read the last will and testament of Pope John Paul.... it's a very short document... he owned nothing.

Possibly.

No one can 'claim it'.... it is held in trust... If you want to commit your life to God, I'm sure the Vatican would welcome you with open arms. But.... I think you'll be in for quite a disappointment about how 'they live in the Vatican'. It may not be quite the opulent lifestyle you think it is. For example, if you read the last will and testament of Pope John Paul.... it's a very short document... he owned nothing.

He did not have to own anything to live in with it. :tongue:

Possibly.

He did not have to own anything to live in with it. :tongue:

I'm at a loss to explain why anyone with a brain would want to live in the Vatican. You are aware, I assume, that the Pope and Cardinals etc don't exactly live the high life, right?

That's a load of bullschit. 'Course anybody who believes the creator of the universe came along 2000 years ago and dropped off the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of camel jockies who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat will soak up anything.

Last edited:

That's a load of bullschit. 'Course anybody who believes the creator of the universe dropped off the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of camel jockies who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat will soak up anything.

Sorry, dumbass boy, but it is the reality of the 'treasures' owned by the Catholic Church. All of it verifiable.

You want to save the poor - you go ahead and do even a fraction as much as the Catholic Church does. But.... you don't care about the poor... you just rant about your stupid hatred of religion. I'll pray for ya. :eusa_pray:

God owns the Heavens and the Earth. He created them.

Are we supposed to be upset when He let's us use them so graciously? Are we supposed to be mad about the fact that people and Churches wanted to use the land so graciously given to worship the Lord and serve His purposes?

Isn't it interesting that you are using the same argument the Son of Perdition used to justify murder and betrayal?

Isn't it moreso, that his interest wasn't really to "help the poor" and was merely because he was selfish?

Matthew 26

You ever look up Idiot in the dictionary? Pic of you.

That's a load of bullschit. 'Course anybody who believes the creator of the universe came along 2000 years ago and dropped off the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of camel jockies who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat will soak up anything.
You are a load of b*&^%$%*%.

So what?

Forum List

Back