Ever Look Under Churches In Your Local Yellow Pages

Oh i know what they are doing. I agree with some of it. I understand history keeping and art very well. I would love to have a peek in the vaults.

Some of what the church collects does not fall into that category though. Real estate for example.

Its real estate protects the future of the Church. I see nothing wrong with the Church investing to ensure that future.

Even if, as the drooling fool Cammmmpy, suggests.... it sold it's treasures (which it cannot - because they are all held in trust - not owned by the Church)....but... even if it did sell what it does not own.... that money would not solve global poverty.

What I see from the OP is yet another lazy bastard liberal who wants to take from others.

Possibly.

But in my opinion they own it all, it belongs to the church. If they do not own it then i would like to claim some of it as mine :)

If they sold everything... it would not be enough to solve world poverty. However, my point was, the way they live in the Vatican...is certainly not living in poverty.

Well, all you need to do to claim it as yours is find some legal, legitimate way for it to become yours, the same way the Catholic Church did. Otherwise, coveting what is theirs is every bit as loathsome as coveting that which belongs to your next-door neighbor.

Is there any particular reason, other than the envy and small-mindedness of people who spend WAY too much time fixating on other people's lives, that they SHOULD live in poverty?

God owns the Heavens and the Earth. He created them.

Are we supposed to be upset when He let's us use them so graciously? Are we supposed to be mad about the fact that people and Churches wanted to use the land so graciously given to worship the Lord and serve His purposes?

Isn't it interesting that you are using the same argument the Son of Perdition used to justify murder and betrayal?

Isn't it moreso, that his interest wasn't really to "help the poor" and was merely because he was selfish?

so we all pay a 10% tax to God?

Just write God as the recipient on all your tithe checks.

I never did find out. What the hell does the Yellow Pages listing for "Churches" have to do with any of this? Is it supposed to be somehow significant and sinister that there are a lot of churches in my city? Or that there are a lot of Catholic churches in my city? I mean, hell, there are a lot of CATHOLICS in my city, so that would make sense. What's the point?

Are we supposed to be upset when He let's us use them so graciously? Are we supposed to be mad about the fact that people and Churches wanted to use the land so graciously given to worship the Lord and serve His purposes?

Isn't it interesting that you are using the same argument the Son of Perdition used to justify murder and betrayal?

Isn't it moreso, that his interest wasn't really to "help the poor" and was merely because he was selfish?

who else would get the tithe?

There's enough there that if it were to be sold and the proceeds placed in a trust with the growth each year used to feed the poor...we wouldn't have any poor.

You bring stupidity to new levels every day.

I'm just doing my job. Recently an organi ation in Wisconsin notified a local township that their police force was wearing a patch on their shoulder which spelled out the word "Religion" and compared it to government and law in the enforcement of their everyday duties. They put them on notice to change the patch or stop wearing it.

Guess What!!!!! The local mayor and his hencemen explained that the patch has been there for thirty years. My immediate thought was, "Hell...the church burned innocent young women by the thousands for 3000 years"....what a crock of shit for government officials to be excusing the bible's ancient horse shit.

I'm here to take a contrarian view of the church's crap and I will continue to do so whether you and your fake Christians like it or not.

The church owns more real property than any other entity in the world except the governments. Have you ever figured maybe they planned it that way

The Catholic church has been collecting fine art, antiques, gold, silver, etc. for 1700 years. There's enough there that if it were to be sold and the proceeds placed in a trust with the growth each year used to feed the poor...we wouldn't have any poor. 'Course Jesus said the poor will always be with us so I suppose it's a bad idea.

Matthew 26

11) "The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me"

The Catholic Church does not own the treasures. It collects them in order to preserve the history of mankind. But, you're not one to let reality get in the way of your obsessional hatred of religion. You're a seriously sad bastard.... I suggest you seek professional help.

and the reason the catholic church owns more real property in NYC than any other entity? (and i'm not sure they don't own more land than the city, either, but even leaving that out....)

I don't think that's to "preserve the history of mankind". if it were about preservation of history, the "treasures" would be donated to museums around the world.

Last edited:
The church owns more real property than any other entity in the world except the governments. Have you ever figured maybe they planned it that way

The Catholic church has been collecting fine art, antiques, gold, silver, etc. for 1700 years. There's enough there that if it were to be sold and the proceeds placed in a trust with the growth each year used to feed the poor...we wouldn't have any poor. 'Course Jesus said the poor will always be with us so I suppose it's a bad idea.

Matthew 26

Grow up.

Matthew 26

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo]George Carlin on Religion and God - YouTube[/ame]

Matthew 26

The Catholic Church does not own the treasures. It collects them in order to preserve the history of mankind. But, you're not one to let reality get in the way of your obsessional hatred of religion. You're a seriously sad bastard.... I suggest you seek professional help.

and the reason the catholic church owns more real property in NYC than any other entity? (and i'm not sure they don't own more land than the city, either, but even leaving that out....)

I don't think that's to "preserve the history of mankind". if it were about preservation of history, the "treasures" would be donated to museums around the world.

Is it your business? No. Are we spending your money? No. We are entitled to own property anywhere in the world that we choose to.

With respect, ain't your religion... mind your own business.... and, on behalf of the Catholic Church - you are welcome for all the money we save you as a taxpayer, for restoring, storing and protecting your heritage.

The Church does not 'donate' those treasures - it cannot donate what it does not own. It does, however, loan them out - and often meets the cost of shipping, insurance etc - so that others can access the history of our species.

Matthew 26

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo]George Carlin on Religion and God - YouTube[/ame]

LMAO!!!!! I Love George Carlin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iznduHBx2J4]George Carlin On Swearing On The Bible and Rights vs Priviledges - YouTube[/ame]

the church and history

now there's two words one could make conversation with.....

~S~

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-RGN21TSGk]Ten Commandments - by George Carlin - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o]George Carlin - Religion is bullshit. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GGXPSLHYRg&feature=related]Horrible Histories - Witchfinders Direct - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Is it your business? No. Are we spending your money? No. We are entitled to own property anywhere in the world that we choose to.

With respect, ain't your religion... mind your own business.... and, on behalf of the Catholic Church - you are welcome for all the money we save you as a taxpayer, for restoring, storing and protecting your heritage.

The Church does not 'donate' those treasures - it cannot donate what it does not own. It does, however, loan them out - and often meets the cost of shipping, insurance etc - so that others can access the history of our species.

Someone should tell these ignorant twats that the Vatican itself is one of the biggest museums in the world (it actually contains several different museums on its grounds). Is there some particular reason that those works should be dispersed all over the world, so that people have to travel to multiple places to see them, rather than conveniently housed in one place?

who else would get the tithe?

People in the church?

I once wrote an offering payable to God and got into all kinds of hell over it.
I told them it was for god and he could cash it if he wanted.

If that is living in poverty....i would love to live in the Vatican ! I have to agree.... they are quite the collectors of worldly goods.

Yes, they are. They collect, restore and keep hundreds of thousands of priceless pieces documenting the history of our planet. They lend those pieces out to museums around the world - at no charge.... Literally millions of pieces that, had it not been for the Church, would have either been destroyed or disappear into private collections - never to be seen by anyone other than the owner. Each and every piece is part of a record of mankind's history... and combine to tell our story as a species.

It's not about a monetary value, it is about our history. Of course, I do not expect mindless fools to understand what the Church does... I do expect you to.

That's a load of bullschit. 'Course anybody who believes the creator of the universe came along 2000 years ago and dropped off the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of camel jockies who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat will soak up anything.

:lol:

Matthew 26

If that is living in poverty....i would love to live in the Vatican ! I have to agree.... they are quite the collectors of worldly goods.
Yep. Idolatry exemplified.

Yeah, it's idolatry to gather together priceless works of art and display them for the world to see and be edified by. You'd better rush right off and tell those bastards at the Louvre that they're all going to Hell, Reverend Dumbfuck.

While we're on the subject of a bunch of anti-religion dipshits trying to lecture Christians on how their churches should all be small, ramshackle huts because they, in their infinite wisdom, have decided that that's what Christianity requires - and, of course, we're all so damned interested in their good opinions, aren't we? - let's take a gander at what God thinks on the subject, shall we?

Exodus 25:10-22 gives us God's instructions for building the Ark of the Covenant, back when the Israelites were nomads and couldn't build permanent temples.

And they shall make an ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.
And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.
And thou shalt cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four corners thereof; and two rings shall be in the one side of it, and two rings in the other side of it.
And thou shalt make staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold.
And thou shalt put the staves into the rings by the sides of the ark, that the ark may be borne with them.
The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.
And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.
And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.
And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.
And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

Sound to you like God agreed with this whole "churches should be poor" schtick?

But wait, there's more. You can't set the Ark on just anything, now can you?

Make a table of acacia wood—two cubits long, a cubit wide and a cubit and a half high. Overlay it with pure gold and make a gold molding around it. Also make around it a rim a handbreadth wide and put a gold molding on the rim. Make four gold rings for the table and fasten them to the four corners, where the four legs are. The rings are to be close to the rim to hold the poles used in carrying the table. Make the poles of acacia wood, overlay them with gold and carry the table with them. And make its plates and dishes of pure gold, as well as its pitchers and bowls for the pouring out of offerings. Put the bread of the Presence on this table to be before me at all times.

And, of course, you can't light all of this with just any old candlestick.

Make a lampstand of pure gold. Hammer out its base and shaft, and make its flowerlike cups, buds and blossoms of one piece with them. Six branches are to extend from the sides of the lampstand—three on one side and three on the other. Three cups shaped like almond flowers with buds and blossoms are to be on one branch, three on the next branch, and the same for all six branches extending from the lampstand. And on the lampstand there are to be four cups shaped like almond flowers with buds and blossoms. One bud shall be under the first pair of branches extending from the lampstand, a second bud under the second pair, and a third bud under the third pair—six branches in all. The buds and branches shall all be of one piece with the lampstand, hammered out of pure gold.
Then make its seven lamps and set them up on it so that they light the space in front of it. Its wick trimmers and trays are to be of pure gold. A talent of pure gold is to be used for the lampstand and all these accessories. See that you make them according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.

And this isn't even a matter of preserving history and making it available to the world. This is just God's idea of decoration for a traveling place of worship. I can go on into the description of the tent He wanted made to serve as the tabernacle, and move from there into the plans he gave David for what became Solomon's Temple, but I think only a complete ass would fail to have gotten the point.

Yeah, it's idolatry to gather together priceless works of art and display them for the world to see and be edified by. You'd better rush right off and tell those bastards at the Louvre that they're all going to Hell, Reverend Dumbfuck.

I have some news for you...the Louvre doesn't operate tax free and unhindered by the government. They also don't threaten people with hell fire and damnation. The church preys on innocent children while brainwashing them as the next generation of gullible folks.

The Vatican today is vastly different from what it was a century ago. It keeps its financial operations well hidden and has become a tower of power....both in people's lives and influence on governments.

The fact that the Vatican has been able to maintain secrecy in an age when business and economics are of prime interest is indeed remarkable. The "Church" and its sacerdotal
functions, is being exposed as an edifice of financial power. 'Course at the same time people all over this world are beginning to question the very idea of the invisible man in the sky condoning child fuckin' and it's coverup. If he's there he doesn't give a phiddler's phuck what we do.

Forum List

Back