Ever Look Under Churches In Your Local Yellow Pages

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Cammmpbell, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    The church owns more real property than any other entity in the world except the governments. Have you ever figured maybe they planned it that way

The Catholic church has been collecting fine art, antiques, gold, silver, etc. for 1700 years. There's enough there that if it were to be sold and the proceeds placed in a trust with the growth each year used to feed the poor...we wouldn't have any poor. 'Course Jesus said the poor will always be with us so I suppose it's a bad idea.

Matthew 26

11) "The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me"

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    The Catholic Church does not own the treasures. It collects them in order to preserve the history of mankind. But, you're not one to let reality get in the way of your obsessional hatred of religion. You're a seriously sad bastard.... I suggest you seek professional help.

3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    The catholic church also gets about 60% of it's money it spends on charity from our tax dollars.

4. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404

If that is living in poverty....i would love to live in the Vatican ! I have to agree.... they are quite the collectors of worldly goods.

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Yes, they are. They collect, restore and keep hundreds of thousands of priceless pieces documenting the history of our planet. They lend those pieces out to museums around the world - at no charge.... Literally millions of pieces that, had it not been for the Church, would have either been destroyed or disappear into private collections - never to be seen by anyone other than the owner. Each and every piece is part of a record of mankind's history... and combine to tell our story as a species.

It's not about a monetary value, it is about our history. Of course, I do not expect mindless fools to understand what the Church does... I do expect you to.

6. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    Oh i know what they are doing. I agree with some of it. I understand history keeping and art very well. I would love to have a peek in the vaults.

Some of what the church collects does not fall into that category though. Real estate for example.

7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Its real estate protects the future of the Church. I see nothing wrong with the Church investing to ensure that future.

Even if, as the drooling fool Cammmmpy, suggests.... it sold it's treasures (which it cannot - because they are all held in trust - not owned by the Church)....but... even if it did sell what it does not own.... that money would not solve global poverty.

What I see from the OP is yet another lazy bastard liberal who wants to take from others.

8. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404

Possibly.

But in my opinion they own it all, it belongs to the church. If they do not own it then i would like to claim some of it as mine :)

If they sold everything... it would not be enough to solve world poverty. However, my point was, the way they live in the Vatican...is certainly not living in poverty.

9. Warrior102

Warrior102 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,029
    You bring stupidity to new levels every day.

10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Most of the Churches around here are in rented space.