Evangelical politics

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Boy how evangelicals have changed. It used to be that they were evangelical first and their politics followed from their theologically driven sense of morality. Not so much any more. These days, it's clear that apparent moral depravity has absolutely nothing to do with their politics.

FT_16.11.09_Relig_ExitPoll_ReligRace.png

I mean, really. Look at that!
  • Trump who misquotes the Bible.
  • Trump who kisses women whether they want him to or not.
  • Trump who grabs women by their vaginas.
  • Foul-mouthed Trump.
  • Trump who surely is not aware of this: “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also." (Jesus; Matthew 5:38-40)
  • Trump who has no idea of what this means: "You shall not bear a false report; do not join your hand with a wicked man to be a malicious witness. You shall not follow the masses in doing evil, nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to turn aside after a multitude in order to pervert justice." (Exodus 23:1-2)
  • Trump who has no regard for this: "Thou shalt not commit adultery."
  • Trump who is oblivious to this: "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders." (Matthew 15:19)
And yet Trump got more evangelicals' votes than did George W. Bush who actually is an evangelical Christian.

Indeed, it appears one could probably make a credible case that these days, evangelicals like Roy Moore oppose abortion in part because it increases the quantity of children for their political leaders to molest.

When your have but two choices, one a lying criminal and the other a blowhard, which would you chose?

Left Wing Lunacy: repeatedly telling groups how much you hate them and then complaining that they won't vote Democrat

Left Wing Lunacy: repeatedly telling groups how much you hate them and then complaining that they won't vote Democrat
They think they can shame and ridicule you into voting D. LMFAO! An Orwellian approach is their nature.

Why anyone would vote D after all that has been exposed, is beyond me. Time to put an end to the party for good.

Excellent OP, religion is often about controlling others and making money, if they can divide and make more money so be it. Donald lies on average five times every day and spends the rest of the time golfing and he on his third marriage and an admitted vagina grabber but that's Ok with the so called religious. And Moore and Trump do not have the moral courage to apologize. It is sad that Americans too do not have the honesty to acknowledge wrong when it is on their side.

How Can I Forgive Someone Who Doesn't Admit to Having Done Anything Wrong? - Mark D. Roberts

When your have but two choices, one a lying criminal and the other a blowhard, which would you chose?

If you think Clinton is a criminal wait till the end of the investigation of Trump . As it is right now he is pay for play big time. Entertaining at his golf courses, etc.

The traditional American governmental philosophy is religious in nature.

". . . all men are created . . . endowed by their Creator . . ." (Declaration of Independence)

No other people in history have made this underlying principle the basis for their governmental philosophy.

That aside, I do find myself agreeing with the op once again. Twice in two days. Though, limiting the terms of controvery in this partisan way only exposes a symptom of a much deeper discussion/root problem. It must be realized that the single greatest threat to liberty today is the gradual erosion of public virtue. More importantly, that erosion has produced apathy and negligence on the part of society. Which consequently is what enables such calculated attacks as witnessed here in the op as well as from others who are of the intellectual and governmental capacity. Make no mistake, it is an attack. A calculated attack. But op is correct, none the less, and as far as he went with it.

I'm reminded of a great quote by James Madison. Which I'll share here given its underlying relevance to those latter few sentences..."I believe that there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - Madison

Wise up! It's only going to get worse.

Last edited:

If you think Clinton is a criminal wait till the end of the investigation of Trump . As it is right now he is pay for play big time. Entertaining at his golf courses, etc.
Okay...but we KNEW Cankles was a criminal before the election. We did not know this about Trump, before the election. So, I chose to vote for the blowhard. Did you vote for the criminal?

Boy how evangelicals have changed. It used to be that they were evangelical first and their politics followed from their theologically driven sense of morality. Not so much any more. These days, it's clear that apparent moral depravity has absolutely nothing to do with their politics.

• Foul-mouthed Trump.
  • Trump who surely is not aware of this: “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also." (Jesus; Matthew 5:38-40)
  • Trump who has no idea of what this means: "You shall not bear a false report; do not join your hand with a wicked man to be a malicious witness. You shall not follow the masses in doing evil, nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to turn aside after a multitude in order to pervert justice." (Exodus 23:1-2)
  • Trump who is oblivious to this: "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders." (Matthew 15:19)
And yet Trump got more evangelicals' votes than did George W. Bush who actually is an evangelical Christian.

Indeed, it appears one could probably make a credible case that these days, evangelicals like Roy Moore oppose abortion in part because it increases the quantity of children for their political leaders to molest.
Trump got more "evangelical" votes because he's not Hillary Clinton. Period. Get over it. Come up with a new schtik already.

Okay...but we KNEW Cankles was a criminal before the election. We did not know this about Trump, before the election. So, I chose to vote for the blowhard. Did you vote for the criminal?

Really, he has been a crook since his 20's. I sure did , I voted more for the Democrats, so I would of even voted for Bernie if he has won. I did vote for her for the Primary, how in the world did Trump win the Rep. primary I will never understand with his record.
Not catching a VD was his personal Vietnam., he said.

Evangelicals give a bad name to Christianity. They are the ISIS of Islam.

Who's complaining thus? I'm certainly not. Suggesting for whom to vote is not my aim.

I'm merely holding people accountable to that which they profess. If one is an evangelical Christian, living a life of Christ is supposed to prevail above all else. I'm saying that if that's what one values most, then act like and reject candidates who don't align with that way of life. All that speaks to is whom one should not vote for, not whom one should vote for.

The traditional American governmental philosophy is religious in nature.

". . . all men are created . . . endowed by their Creator . . ." (Declaration of Independence)

No other people in history have made this underlying principle the basis for their governmental philosophy.

That aside, I do find myself agreeing with the op once again. Twice in two days. Though, limiting the terms of controvery in this partisan way only exposes a symptom of a much deeper discussion/root problem. It must be realized that the single greatest threat to liberty today is the gradual erosion of public virtue. More importantly, that erosion has produced apathy and negligence on the part of society. Which consequently is what enables such calculated attacks as witnessed here in the op as well as from others who are of the intellectual and governmental capacity. Make no mistake, it is an attack. A calculated attack. But op is correct, none the less, and as far as he went with it.

I'm reminded of a great quote by James Madison. Which I'll share here given its underlying relevance to those latter few sentences..."I believe that there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - Madison

Wise up! It's only going to get worse.
the single greatest threat to liberty today is the gradual erosion of public virtue.

I wholeheartedly agree.

In what election did you find but two candidates and no "write in" option on the ballot you were given?
Please don't be juvenile. Let's be serious today. Okay?

...and please keep your posts concise, if you can.

Really, he has been a crook since his 20's. I sure did , I voted more for the Democrats, so I would of even voted for Bernie if he has won. I did vote for her for the Primary, how in the world did Trump win the Rep. primary I will never understand with his record.

I have always thought that evangelicals are a particularly weird and unpleasant variant of the Christian faith. It took a lot of effort to devolve a variant of the Christian faith that does not seem to have any involvement whatsoever with the life and teachings of Jesus.

Oh please be logical. Is that possible any more?

• Foul-mouthed Trump.

Lol. Trump trump trump trump trump.......

In what election did you find but two candidates and no "write in" option on the ballot you were given?

Please don't be juvenile.

Apparently, the question, which asks about a point of simple fact about what voting options were presented to you on a ballot, is too challenging for you to answer directly.

Please don't be juvenile.

Apparently, the question, which asks about a point of simple fact about what voting options were presented to you on a ballot, is too challenging for you to answer directly.

It really is surprising for you that there is a massive apostasy going on today in the church?

Forum List

Back