Evangelical politics

Boy how evangelicals have changed. It used to be that they were evangelical first and their politics followed from their theologically driven sense of morality. Not so much any more. These days, it's clear that apparent moral depravity has absolutely nothing to do with their politics.

FT_16.11.09_Relig_ExitPoll_ReligRace.png

I mean, really. Look at that!
  • Trump who misquotes the Bible.
  • Trump who kisses women whether they want him to or not.
  • Trump who grabs women by their vaginas.
  • Foul-mouthed Trump.
  • Trump who surely is not aware of this: “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also." (Jesus; Matthew 5:38-40)
  • Trump who has no idea of what this means: "You shall not bear a false report; do not join your hand with a wicked man to be a malicious witness. You shall not follow the masses in doing evil, nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to turn aside after a multitude in order to pervert justice." (Exodus 23:1-2)
  • Trump who has no regard for this: "Thou shalt not commit adultery."
  • Trump who is oblivious to this: "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders." (Matthew 15:19)
And yet Trump got more evangelicals' votes than did George W. Bush who actually is an evangelical Christian.

Indeed, it appears one could probably make a credible case that these days, evangelicals like Roy Moore oppose abortion in part because it increases the quantity of children for their political leaders to molest.

And you far left drones keep proving that you are the most dangerous religion on the planet.

As you protect your women abusers like Clinton and Fraken, but hey do not let that irony get to you..

Then again any one who supported and voted for the enabler, Hilary does not have a leg to stand on..

When your have but two choices, one a lying criminal and the other a blowhard, which would you chose?
In what election did you find but two candidates and no "write in" option on the ballot you were given?
Please don't be juvenile. Let's be serious today. Okay?

...and please keep your posts concise, if you can.
Please don't be juvenile.

Apparently, the question, which asks about a point of simple fact about what voting options were presented to you on a ballot, is too challenging for you to answer directly.

When your have but two choices, one a lying criminal and the other a blowhard, which would you chose?

It really is surprising for you that there is a massive apostasy going on today in the church?
Whether I do or do, and whether there is or is not, has nothing to do with the dichotomy between what evangelical Christians profess or how they vote and whether their votes align with their theological attestations.

I really don't know whether there's apostasy in any church. What I know is Jesus' teachings on how to live as a good Christian and I know when I see someone who has routinely for the whole of their adult life pretty much rejected or ignored every one of the most significant of those teachings that I can recall or review.

What I know used to be so is that evangelicals for all their proselytizing and "Bible thumping," were people of good character with whom I may on occasion disagree. I know that over the past couple years I've seen less and less evidence that they remain thus.

Am I passing judgement on evangelical Christians? No. I'm asking them how they reconcile their faith and professed acceptance of the primacy of God's/Jesus' law and teachings with giving their approbation to the likes of Trump and other clearly immoral individuals who observe it not at all beyond paying lip service to it in order to gain their votes.

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
-- 2 Timothy 3:1-7
Read that passage above. But for one part of that, one need not be a theist to by and large be not "such a person," yet Trump is, as far as I can tell, every one of those things. And evangelical Christians voted for him in droves. I'm asking how one can ascribe to the words in the Bible yet vote for someone who embodies every trait the Bible explicitly instructs one to "avoid."
The answer is simple. We don't believe you. Complain about Trump. Democrats are still the party of homosexual perversion. Recoil with disgust at Roy Moore. Democrats still want little girls sharing toilets and showers with adult male strangers.

We don't believe you. When a liberal purports to explain Christianity, we don't believe you. When a liberal pontificates the Bible and becomes the minister, we don't believe you.

This won't help, of course. Democrats will patiently explain themselves and disregard the obvious. We won't listen because we don't believe you.
Evangelicals have never followed the life and teachings of Jesus. Their religion is not Christian. They are not supposed to hate women, LGBTs, Muslims and Jews. They are not supposed to want war and strife. They do. It's pathetic. Evangelicals are just a bunch of uber-macho whining nut jobs who want sex and to abuse women and want to prance around like they earned it. It would be nice if they found some Jesus.

In what election did you find but two candidates and no "write in" option on the ballot you were given?

Apparently, the question, which asks about a point of simple fact about what voting options were presented to you on a ballot, is too challenging for you to answer directly.

It really is surprising for you that there is a massive apostasy going on today in the church?
Whether I do or do, and whether there is or is not, has nothing to do with the dichotomy between what evangelical Christians profess or how they vote and whether their votes align with their theological attestations.

I really don't know whether there's apostasy in any church. What I know is Jesus' teachings on how to live as a good Christian and I know when I see someone who has routinely for the whole of their adult life pretty much rejected or ignored every one of the most significant of those teachings that I can recall or review.

What I know used to be so is that evangelicals for all their proselytizing and "Bible thumping," were people of good character with whom I may on occasion disagree. I know that over the past couple years I've seen less and less evidence that they remain thus.

Am I passing judgement on evangelical Christians? No. I'm asking them how they reconcile their faith and professed acceptance of the primacy of God's/Jesus' law and teachings with giving their approbation to the likes of Trump and other clearly immoral individuals who observe it not at all beyond paying lip service to it in order to gain their votes.

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
Read that passage above. But for one part of that, one need not be a theist to by and large be not "such a person," yet Trump is, as far as I can tell, every one of those things. And evangelical Christians voted for him in droves. I'm asking how one can ascribe to the words in the Bible yet vote for someone who embodies every trait the Bible explicitly instructs one to "avoid."

That passage in Timothy is an indictment on all who have denied God and what will/is happening right now. No person is perfect. Not one of our presidents was perfect. By your deductive reasoning, we should have never elected anyone. How do you reconcile someone who is still struggling with these afflictions of the flesh but yet is asking for forgiveness from the Lord? No one knows the true heart of anyone except God.
Timothy was a rank misogynist who had no dealings with Jesus. Why even discuss him?

Boy how evangelicals have changed. It used to be that they were evangelical first and their politics followed from their theologically driven sense of morality. Not so much any more. These days, it's clear that apparent moral depravity has absolutely nothing to do with their politics.

• Foul-mouthed Trump.
  • Trump who surely is not aware of this: “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also." (Jesus; Matthew 5:38-40)
  • Trump who has no idea of what this means: "You shall not bear a false report; do not join your hand with a wicked man to be a malicious witness. You shall not follow the masses in doing evil, nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to turn aside after a multitude in order to pervert justice." (Exodus 23:1-2)
  • Trump who is oblivious to this: "For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders." (Matthew 15:19)
And yet Trump got more evangelicals' votes than did George W. Bush who actually is an evangelical Christian.

Indeed, it appears one could probably make a credible case that these days, evangelicals like Roy Moore oppose abortion in part because it increases the quantity of children for their political leaders to molest.
"Evangelical" technically means Protestants who proselyte.

I think the word you want is actually "Christian" which technically means Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, English Anglican, and other Protestants (in order of secession from the Roman Church).
"Evangelical" technically means Protestants who proselyte.

???
I absolutely did not mean "Christian;" the term is too broad. I meant what I wrote.

• Foul-mouthed Trump.

/——/ I stopped reading your post after your first lie.
I don't know why you felt the need to share that, but whatever....

That passage in Timothy is an indictment on all who have denied God and what will/is happening right now. No person is perfect. Not one of our presidents was perfect. By your deductive reasoning, we should have never elected anyone. How do you reconcile someone who is still struggling with these afflictions of the flesh but yet is asking for forgiveness from the Lord? No one knows the true heart of anyone except God.
Timothy was a rank misogynist who had no dealings with Jesus. Why even discuss him?

The point of Timothy, as with all books of the New Testament is a matter of canon. I suggest reading the following in order to understand the relevance of the books of the New Testament as go notions of the canon among evangelicals.

I feel the evangelicals have commonality to Hasidic Jews or ultra orthodox jews , men over women, but women are allowed to talk when standing up for their man. Also in that they are above the law, and have made their own set of religious laws and those come before the gov or man. They love the second amendment but not the first.

Without the Bible they are lost, and they pick it apart and it can say whatever they want. They take it out of content and context to exacerbate their opinions.

Clinton might be a blowhard, but Trump is definitely the lying criminal.

His lies are notorious and he's got how many court cases?

• Foul-mouthed Trump.

And you far left drones keep proving that you are the most dangerous religion on the planet.

As you protect your women abusers like Clinton and Fraken, but hey do not let that irony get to you..

Then again any one who supported and voted for the enabler, Hilary does not have a leg to stand on..

Where do you dream up this stuff Kosh..:laugh2:

Did Franken or Hillary wave the bible around attacking other peoples sex life's?

Alabama just let their governor down 6 months ago for the exact same reason..waving the bible while cheating on his wife..

If you think Clinton is a criminal wait till the end of the investigation of Trump . As it is right now he is pay for play big time. Entertaining at his golf courses, etc.
Okay...but we KNEW Cankles was a criminal before the election. We did not know this about Trump, before the election. So, I chose to vote for the blowhard. Did you vote for the criminal?

Come on you seriously did not know Trump was a criminal even before the election. What rock were you living under?
This is hilarious. Let's apply the standard used by the Left when analyzing Hillary's criminality. As such, Trump can't be a criminal because he has not been found guilty.

Trump was never in politics. Hillary was all her life. Is there a difference?

In all those years that Trump was a high profile business man, was he ever charged or prosecuted or even believed to be a criminal? Compare that to Hillary.

If you stop watching Rachel Maddcow for a few weeks, you might regain your sanity.

If you think Clinton is a criminal wait till the end of the investigation of Trump . As it is right now he is pay for play big time. Entertaining at his golf courses, etc.
Okay...but we KNEW Cankles was a criminal before the election. We did not know this about Trump, before the election. So, I chose to vote for the blowhard. Did you vote for the criminal?

Come on you seriously did not know Trump was a criminal even before the election. What rock were you living under?
This is hilarious. Let's apply the standard used by the Left when analyzing Hillary's criminality. As such, Trump can't be a criminal because he has not been found guilty.

In all those years that Trump was a high profile business man, was he ever charged or prosecuted or even believed to be a criminal? Compare that to Hillary.

If you stop watching Rachel Maddcow for a few weeks, you might regain your sanity.

This IS hilarious, you calling me a lefty. Try again bud, I am more like you than you think. But when it comes to Trump we are most definitely on opposite sides. The manchild is pure evil.

This IS hilarious, you calling me a lefty. Try again bud, I am more like you than you think. But when it comes to Trump we are most definitely on opposite sides. The manchild is pure evil.
You might want to reread my post. I did not call you a lefty.

There is no doubt Trump sucks but compared to Cankles, he might as well be Mother Teresa.

There is no doubt Trump sucks but compared to Cankles, he might as well be Mother Teresa.

I did read your post. First you said something goofy about lefty logic, then later said something about watching Rachel Madcow. Basicly calling me a lefty eithout saying it. Very judge Moore like.

And as I said we on on completely opposite sides about Trump, the manchild is far more than a bloehard. He is pure evil.

I did read your post. First you said something goofy about lefty logic, then later said something about watching Rachel Madcow. Basicly calling me a lefty eithout saying it. Very judge Moore like.

And as I said we on on completely opposite sides about Trump, the manchild is far more than a bloehard. He is pure evil.
What has Trump done since being POTUS, that is 'pure evil?'

Be specific.

Be specific.
He has not been able to get anything done because some people have actually recognized his shit. Thank god for that.

Be specific.
He has not been able to get anything done because some people have actually recognized his shit. Thank god for that.

No, has a worthless congress and senate.

Be specific.
Yet he is 'pure evil' in your mind. Do you even bother to think about what you are posting, before posting?

Paul couldn't quit killing christians fast enough before he had his eyes torched out on the damascus road. Why do we talk about him?

Forum List

Back