Enviromental Disorder

Mr. Right

Jul 12, 2008
South Jersey
The environmentalist movement is nothing but an arm of the vast communist conspiracy. These leftists are hell bent on defeating capitalism and they do nothing but make everything more expensive.

What is the biggest cause of Global Warming?

The last I heard it was Clean Air. This goes to show you how mixed up the religious left is. That's right I said it the religious left. This is their religion. This is what they have faith in.

The evil corporations who employ just about everyone these days are the equivalent of Satan in their eyes. They assign blame on anything or anyone who has more than they do. Their entire belief system is based on emotion and not rational thought. They "the Left" are slowly eroding a wonderful country into a nation of whiny spoiled little tantremites who suckle at the teet of Big Mother Government.

They don't believe in God therefore they will most likely believe in anything.

Truth is, the world is not dying. We're not even warming. It's all a hoax to sell you things like mercury filled light bulbs.

Al Gore must be making a killing on his stock in Phillips.

We need more energy. What's the left's answer? Make it harder and more expensive to get. Meanwhile people are suffering.

We shouldn't be surprised this is their goal afterall. The more miserable the polulation the better the Democrats [who are not at all democratic] will do in elections.

So here it is.

1- Create the problem
2- Make it impossible to deal with
3- capitalise on the misery of the electorate

This is from those who "stand up for the Little guy."

The environmentalist movement is nothing but an arm of the vast communist conspiracy. These leftists are hell bent on defeating capitalism and they do nothing but make everything more expensive.

What is the biggest cause of Global Warming?

The last I heard it was Clean Air. This goes to show you how mixed up the religious left is. That's right I said it the religious left. This is their religion. This is what they have faith in.

The evil corporations who employ just about everyone these days are the equivalent of Satan in their eyes. They assign blame on anything or anyone who has more than they do. Their entire belief system is based on emotion and not rational thought. They "the Left" are slowly eroding a wonderful country into a nation of whiny spoiled little tantremites who suckle at the teet of Big Mother Government.

They don't believe in God therefore they will most likely believe in anything.

Truth is, the world is not dying. We're not even warming. It's all a hoax to sell you things like mercury filled light bulbs.

Al Gore must be making a killing on his stock in Phillips.

We need more energy. What's the left's answer? Make it harder and more expensive to get. Meanwhile people are suffering.

We shouldn't be surprised this is their goal afterall. The more miserable the polulation the better the Democrats [who are not at all democratic] will do in elections.

So here it is.

1- Create the problem
2- Make it impossible to deal with
3- capitalise on the misery of the electorate

This is from those who "stand up for the Little guy."

I know plenty of conservatives who have no problem conserving the environment and all of it's resources. You try to make your stupid argument that environmentalism is some big liberal thing, when, in fact, it's not tied to politics. It's about being good stewards of the beautiful rock we live on and preserving it's awesomeness for our children and their children. We want future generations to be able to see the purity of mother earth and be able to sustain themselves. The anti conservation people, if there are such people, are simply being selfish. They want everything for themselves, and fuck everyone else. It's an attitude rooted in greed and gluttony.

I thought even Baby Bush stopped saying there's no such thing as global warming. And McCain's certainly talking about it. Guess Mr. Right didn't get the RNC memo.

Even Pat Robertson is doing commercials to fight global warming. There are always a few holdouts though. Sort of like the Japanese who were left behind on deserted islands in the Pacific and were still fighting the war 20 years later.

I know plenty of conservatives who have no problem conserving the environment and all of it's resources. You try to make your stupid argument that environmentalism is some big liberal thing, when, in fact, it's not tied to politics. It's about being good stewards of the beautiful rock we live on and preserving it's awesomeness for our children and their children. We want future generations to be able to see the purity of mother earth and be able to sustain themselves. The anti conservation people, if there are such people, are simply being selfish. They want everything for themselves, and fuck everyone else. It's an attitude rooted in greed and gluttony.

Go hug a tree.

I live in the real world. Our planet is in great shape. There's nothing we can do to mess it up. Any weather is natural and will happen anyway.

The Sun effects our weather too. If you buy into this BS you are mentally deficient. It is a political football used to strike fear into those willing to follow the rest of the herd off the cliff.

If you want to figure out how to cut down on particulates fine, That I agree needs to be addressed but the moment you're screwing in Mercury light-bulbs and think you're going to save the Earth, you're silly.

This is the lefts capitalism nothing more. Look at what you're buying because you've been guilted into thinking you are somehow making a difference when in reality there is no Global Boogieman heating up the world.

I deliver strange gasses and mixtures to some of the most prestigious professors on the east coast. I've met a few who lack the guts to agree with me in public. They tell me it's all about market manipulation.

It's our government's way of keeping you in line. These ideas start out in smoke filled rooms in the back of the building somewhere after hours.

They are schemes concocted to make you buy things like Hybrids. If the planet were really dying, They'd make enough hybrid vehicles to go around.

Have you noticed that shore front property hasn't gone down even though there's a housing crisis?

I wonder why that is. The oceans are due to overflow and totally destroy New Jersey in about 2 years. Why isn't anyone selling their property in Cape May?

The answer is simple. There is no Global Warming. Follow the money then tell me I'm stupid.:razz:

Go hug a tree.

I live in the real world. Our planet is in great shape. There's nothing we can do to mess it up. Any weather is natural and will happen anyway.

The Sun effects our weather too. If you buy into this BS you are mentally deficient. It is a political football used to strike fear into those willing to follow the rest of the herd off the cliff.

If you want to figure out how to cut down on particulates fine, That I agree needs to be addressed but the moment you're screwing in Mercury light-bulbs and think you're going to save the Earth, you're silly.

This is the lefts capitalism nothing more. Look at what you're buying because you've been guilted into thinking you are somehow making a difference when in reality there is no Global Boogieman heating up the world.

I deliver strange gasses and mixtures to some of the most prestigious professors on the east coast. I've met a few who lack the guts to agree with me in public. They tell me it's all about market manipulation.

It's our government's way of keeping you in line. These ideas start out in smoke filled rooms in the back of the building somewhere after hours.

They are schemes concocted to make you buy things like Hybrids. If the planet were really dying, They'd make enough hybrid vehicles to go around.

Have you noticed that shore front property hasn't gone down even though there's a housing crisis?

I wonder why that is. The oceans are due to overflow and totally destroy New Jersey in about 2 years. Why isn't anyone selling their property in Cape May?

The answer is simple. There is no Global Warming. Follow the money then tell me I'm stupid.:razz:

Sea Ice in Retreat - The New York Times

http://www.oism.org/pproject/GWReview_OISM600.pdf
The average temperature of the Earth has varied within a range of
about 3°C dur ing the past 3,000 years. It is currently increasing as the
Earth recovers from a period that is known as the Little Ice Age, as
shown in Figure 1. George Washington and his army were at Valley
Forge during the coldest era in 1,500 years, but even then the temperature
was only about 1° Centigrade below the 3,000-year average.
The most recent part of this warming period is reflected by shortening
of world glaciers, as shown in Figure 2. Glaciers regularly
lengthen and shorten in delayed correlation with cooling and warming
trends. Shortening lags temperature by about 20 years, so the cur -
rent warming trend began in about 1800.

This warming trend which has increased by 30% since 1880 has little if anything to do with CO2 emmissions. But leave it up to GW alarmist to say it does, besides they recieve huge paychecks to continue the hysteria....:cuckoo:

Last edited:
I thought even Baby Bush stopped saying there's no such thing as global warming. And McCain's certainly talking about it. Guess Mr. Right didn't get the RNC memo.

Actually last time I check Rush was still calling the whole thing a Hoax and a Myth. Even I do not agree with that.

However I do think the whole thing is being over blown in an attempt to create a huge Carbon Credit trading rip off of human kind :)

Last edited:
Well from down this end of the planet I can tell you that there's no argument and that our politicians are being pressure by us ordinary folks to get to work on doing what we can to deal with anthropomorphic global climate change. Anyone is perfectly entitled to deny it of course but here at least they have no influence on public policy. The public itself has decided on the issue and woe betide any politician who doesn't accept it and present policy to deal with it. The problem for our politicians is to come up with policy that achieves its aims but doesn't destroy our economy. The problem for us as ordinary folks is to understand the policy and to accept that we will have to make sacrifices as well. Anyway, that's the public mood here.

http://www.oism.org/pproject/GWReview_OISM600.pdf
The average temperature of the Earth has varied within a range of
about 3°C dur ing the past 3,000 years. It is currently increasing as the
Earth recovers from a period that is known as the Little Ice Age, as
shown in Figure 1. George Washington and his army were at Valley
Forge during the coldest era in 1,500 years, but even then the temperature
was only about 1° Centigrade below the 3,000-year average.
The most recent part of this warming period is reflected by shortening
of world glaciers, as shown in Figure 2. Glaciers regularly
lengthen and shorten in delayed correlation with cooling and warming
trends. Shortening lags temperature by about 20 years, so the cur -
rent warming trend began in about 1800.

This warming trend which has increased by 30% since 1880 has little if anything to do with CO2 emmissions. But leave it up to GW alarmist to say it does, besides they recieve huge paychecks to continue the hysteria....:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDi_u0dcig]YouTube - The Myth about Global Warming[/ame]

Go hug a tree.

I want to make a legit response, but it would be a waste. Consistently, we see the least informed (you, Rush, other talking heads) making the most drastic statements based on NOTHING. Yet you use the words of a scientist or two to defy the publications of hundreds. You are a fool if you do not see the flaw in your collection of "evidence". And don't try to take the "I'm more involved than you", because I can assure you that short of a board climatologists, there are few on here with the biological/chemical science background of mine. I interact with world renowned biologists and climatologists daily, and I've yet to meet ONE who does not have a fiery passion for informing others of the damage we are doing to our planet. I'll take the words of scientists I research with over the words of a professor you delivered strange chemicals too (sounds more like a meth dealer).

But hey, you're free to act a fool and have your opinion.

There are areas of the earth that will warm at times.

Well from down this end of the planet I can tell you that there's no argument and that our politicians are being pressure by us ordinary folks to get to work on doing what we can to deal with anthropomorphic global climate change. Anyone is perfectly entitled to deny it of course but here at least they have no influence on public policy. The public itself has decided on the issue and woe betide any politician who doesn't accept it and present policy to deal with it. The problem for our politicians is to come up with policy that achieves its aims but doesn't destroy our economy. The problem for us as ordinary folks is to understand the policy and to accept that we will have to make sacrifices as well. Anyway, that's the public mood here.
How will Aussies deal with global cooling?

Mr. Right,

I happen to agree with you. They can call people like us "holdouts' and they can say that Bush and McCain are now speaking of global warming but that does not impress me. What does is the fact that in An Inconvenient Truth which I rented and watched with my 17 year old grandson and 14 year old granddaughter that I am raising, I saw many "points" that did not add up and later read where scientists in London were disagreeing with much of Gore's assertations. I have heard that a "consensus" of scientists agree on global warming, yet a consensus does not make anything fact. A "consensus" of "experts" also agreed the earth was flat. A "consensus" of powers that be believed or claimed to believe that 19 people in Salem Massachusetts were witches and were put to death. Many years ago in this country doctors claimed smoking cigarrettes was good for your health. Again a "consensus". I have found that many scientists are afraid to speak out against this hoax called global warming for if they do, they will be ruined both financially for more research and their reputations. I believe that to be true. It is usually the minority in such a situation that is in the right and are blasted by those who make up the majority; one good reason to have a "representative" government instead of a true democracy. I am 57, and have watched and listened all my life. I have found those who stand up for truth in any matter are usually criticized, blasphemed, and many times steps are taken to ruin them, whether through legal or not so legal means, especially in politics. This "global warming" is a hoax to make a ton of money and to make "heroes" of those who are far from heroic. Nobel prizes, money, fame, fortune, just follow the money. In the end a whole lot of people are going to feel betrayed and foolish and I will not be one of them. The sheer hypocrisy of those involved in this, Gore first of all. Look at the energy they use, and they speak of "carbon credits"? This is as absurd as his "lock box".

I love nature, I love animals most of all, and trees, nothing is more beautiful than a tree on a landscape. The earth is going through it's own cycle and yes, we may have contributed a bit to some of it, but the earth and it's atmosphere more than capable to handle anything we have done. The things these nuts talk of, won't do a darned thing to stop this "global warming". Just because temps may be higher than anytime in history (and that is a lie btw) does not mean a thing. We have not been around that long, and the earth has. It's been through cycle upon cycle long before we were here.

here is one news bit, there are more"

CTV News
Programs
CTV News Team
Services
Top Stories
Canada
World
Entertainment
Health
Sports
Business
Sci-Tech
Politics
Consumer
Specials
Galleries

Sweeping views of glaciers, icebergs and details of the Greenland ice cap can be seen over Greenland Wednesday Aug. 17, 2005.

Arctic once a tropical paradise, scientists say
Updated Wed. May. 31 2006 3:38 PM ET

Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- Scientists have found what might have been the ideal ancient vacation hotspot with a 74-degree Fahrenheit average temperature, alligator ancestors and palm trees. It's smack in the middle of the Arctic.

First-of-its-kind core samples dug up from deep beneath the Arctic Ocean floor show that 55 million years ago an area near the North Pole was practically a subtropical paradise, three new studies show.

The scientists say their findings are a glimpse backward into a much warmer-than-thought polar region heated by run-amok greenhouse gases that came about naturally.

Skeptics of man-made causes of global warming have nothing to rejoice over, however. The researchers say their studies appearing in Thursday's issue of Nature also offer a peek at just how bad conditions can get.

"It probably was (a tropical paradise) but the mosquitoes were probably the size of your head," said Yale geology professor Mark Pagani, a study co-author.

And what a watery, swampy world it must have been.

"Imagine a world where there are dense sequoia trees and cypress trees like in Florida that ring the Arctic Ocean," said Pagani, a member of the multinational Arctic Coring Expedition that conducted the research.

Millions of years ago the Earth experienced an extended period of natural global warming. But around 55 million years ago there was a sudden supercharged spike of carbon dioxide that accelerated the greenhouse effect.

Scientists already knew this "thermal event" happened but are not sure what caused it. Perhaps massive releases of methane from the ocean, the continent-sized burning of trees, lots of volcanic eruptions.

Many experts figured that while the rest of the world got really hot, the polar regions were still comfortably cooler, maybe about 52 degrees Fahrenheit.

But the new research found the polar average was closer to 74 degrees. So instead of Boston-like weather year-round, the Arctic was more like Miami North. Way north.

"It's the first time we've looked at the Arctic, and man, it was a big surprise to us," said study co-author Kathryn Moran, an oceanographer at the University of Rhode Island. "It's a new look to how the Earth can respond to these peaks in carbon dioxide."

It's enough to make Santa Claus break into a sweat.

The 74-degree temperature, based on core samples which act as a climatic time capsule, was probably the year-round average, but because data is so limited it might also be just the summertime average, researchers said.

What's troubling is that this hints that future projections for warming, several degrees over the next century, may be on the low end, said study lead author Appy Sluijs of the Institute of Environmental Biology at Utrecht University in the Netherlands.

Also it shows that what happened 55 million years ago was proof that too much carbon dioxide -- more than four times current levels -- can cause global warming, said another co-author Henk Brinkhuis at Utrecht University.

Purdue University atmospheric sciences professor Gabriel Bowen, who was not part of the team, praised the work and said it showed that "there are tipping points in our (climate) system that can throw us to these conditions."

And the new research also gave scientists the idea that a simple fern may have helped pull Earth from a hothouse to an icehouse by sucking up massive amounts of carbon dioxide. Unfortunately, this natural solution to global warming was not exactly quick: It took about a million years.

With all that heat and massive freshwater lakes forming in the Arctic, a fern called Azolla started growing and growing. Azolla, still found in warm regions today, grew so deep, so wide that eventually it started sucking up carbon dioxide, Brinkhuis theorized. And that helped put the cool back in the Arctic.

Bowen said he has a hard time accepting that part of the research, but Brinkhuis said the studies show tons upon tons of thick mats of Azolla covered the Arctic and moved south.

"This could actually contribute to push the world to a cooling mode," Brinkhuis said, but only after it got hotter first and then it would take at least 800,000 years to cool back down. It's not something to look forward to, he said.

So please people, don't get all excited and go out and buy all those "Al Gore" light bulbs as I did. Foolish me. I did it to save electricity, but broke one and up here in Maine we have a law on the disposal of those danged things. I recently went back to the hardware store, bought up a whole bunch of plain old light bulbs and put them in. I only have the "Al Gore" ones in a few unimportant areas. I was getting a bit angry at going into the cellar to get something out of the freezer and having to wait for the danged light to "brighten" up so I could actually see something.

Forum List

Back