Energy sector officials gather for an international meeting

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
On March 17, energy sector officials gathered for the international meeting “Ties of the Energy Sector”, organized by the Institute of Energy Economics and Institute for Strategic Studies, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Representatives of energy research and analysis institutions from Russia, China, South Korea, and Japan, representatives of Mongolia’s state and private enterprises working in energy, and 24 scientists from 16 international and private organizations took part in the meeting.

The energy sector in Mongolia has been working at a financial loss for many years. How long will it take to recover losses, fully ensure domestic energy consumption, and export our energy?

We submitted a state policy document on the energy sector to the Parliament and Government. We believe that Mongolia will be able to talk about exporting energy in 2020. Ahead of this issue, we will establish a general agreement with China. We already established a memorandum, and the Speaker of the Parliament touched upon the issue of establishing a general agreement during his visit to China. After establishing the agreement, we will discuss policy issues like suitable sources for the export of energy, and what stations to build.
Energy sector officials gather for an international meeting The UB Post

I actually tried to hunt down some other information but either it isn't in English or I am looking in the wrong place. I find this rather interesting.

Forum List

Back