ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE

Sulzberger compared Trump’s statements to those of autocrats around the world who had limited the press.

“The phrase ‘enemy of the people’ is not just false, it’s dangerous,” Sulzberger wrote. “It has an ugly history of being wielded by dictators and tyrants who sought to control public information. And it is particularly reckless coming from someone whose office gives him broad powers to fight or imprison the nation’s enemies.”

Sulzberger wrote that he had previously spoken with Trump in an attempt to get the president to soften his rhetoric.

'It's dangerous': New York Times publisher responds to Trump's media rhetoric
-----------------------------------------------
Pecker's paper National Enquirer is real the enemy of the people. Since Trump wants to "change libel" law, I'm sure Hillary Clinton can own AMI in line after Bezos, maybe they can run AMI together.

The msm is an enemy of the people.
They make up shit, present opinions as facts, all for clickbait.
And stupid fucking people like you defend their bullshit
FUCK THE MEDIA

ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE

Sulzberger compared Trump’s statements to those of autocrats around the world who had limited the press.

“The phrase ‘enemy of the people’ is not just false, it’s dangerous,” Sulzberger wrote. “It has an ugly history of being wielded by dictators and tyrants who sought to control public information. And it is particularly reckless coming from someone whose office gives him broad powers to fight or imprison the nation’s enemies.”

Sulzberger wrote that he had previously spoken with Trump in an attempt to get the president to soften his rhetoric.

Pecker's paper National Enquirer is real the enemy of the people. Since Trump wants to "change libel" law, I'm sure Hillary Clinton can own AMI in line after Bezos, maybe they can run AMI together.

Marxist propagandists are the enemy of the people. What is so controversial about that?

There is a reason a free press was in the first amendment to the Constitution, Unfortunately, we have mindless followers of a Trumpist ideology that do not want truth and do not want contradictory news to their beliefs but do want a single news source preferably from a leader they will question without thought.

Putinism and Trumpism are on the rise on the right. Ironically, these folks who side with Trumpist attacks on the free press often protest how they love the Constitution. The reality is they despise the Constitution and all it stands for.

The "enemy of the people" slogan was a favorite of Stalin. I don't think it is any surprise it has been co-opted by Trump and Trumpist. A totalitarian or authoritarian regime is what they truly desire. They just don't have the balls to admit it.

Last edited:
ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE

Let me see if I've got this straight...The New York Times wants "softer rhetoric"? Why? Because there is a President in office that fights back against liberally biased media outlets like The New York Times? LOL...of course Sulzberger view Trump as "dangerous"!

There is a reason a free press was in the first amendment to the Constitution, Unfortunately, we have mindless followers of a Trumpist ideology that does not want truth and does not want contradictory news to their beliefs but do want a single news source preferably from a leader they will question without thought.

Putanism and Trumpism are on the rise on the right. Ironically, these folks who side with Trumpist attacks on the free press often protest how they love the Constitution. The reality is they despise the Constitution and all it stands for.

The "enemy of the people" slogan was a favorite of Stalin. I don't think it is any surprise it has been co-opted by Trump and Trumpist. A totalitarian regime is what they truly desire. They just don't have the balls to admit it.

Interesting...Barack Obama used the IRS and his Justice Department against his political opposition and the press and you on the left sat on your hands. Now you're accusing Trump of being the second coming of Stalin when he's done nothing like that?

There is a reason a free press was in the first amendment to the Constitution, Unfortunately, we have mindless followers of a Trumpist ideology that does not want truth and does not want contradictory news to their beliefs but do want a single news source preferably from a leader they will question without thought.

Putanism and Trumpism are on the rise on the right. Ironically, these folks who side with Trumpist attacks on the free press often protest how they love the Constitution. The reality is they despise the Constitution and all it stands for.

The "enemy of the people" slogan was a favorite of Stalin. I don't think it is any surprise it has been co-opted by Trump and Trumpist. A totalitarian regime is what they truly desire. They just don't have the balls to admit it.
The outrage over the media being bullshit predates trump and his minions, genius.
You simple minded sheep blow my fuckin mind

Interesting...Barack Obama used the IRS and his Justice Department against his political opposition and the press and you on the left sat on your hands. Now you're accusing Trump of being the second coming of Stalin when he's done nothing like that?
Obama never used Stalinist rhetoric. Trump seems to use it on are a regular basis.

The outrage over the media being bullshit predates trump and his minions, genius.

Even Nixon never used Stalinist rhetoric to attack the press. The sheep are those that accept such language as normal for a US president when it isn't. Think about it.

Even Nixon never used Stalinist rhetoric to attack the press. The sheep are those that accept such language as normal for a US president when it isn't. Think about it.
Its fucking right though. The media use us for more clickbait. Stupid rubes like yourself defend them.
Dumbfucks like you is how stalin still has a positive support percentage in russia.
You people eat up whatever your "superiors" tell you.
They lie to use every fucking day. You love it. Its pathetic.

ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE

Marxist propagandists are the enemy of the people. What is so controversial about that?

The only people I know that use Marxist/Stalinist rhetoric is Trump and Trumpists. So what are you saying?

ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE

lol democrats are using the media as propaganda to attack trump and and conservatives. It is the enemy..

ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE

The only people I know that use Marxist/Stalinist rhetoric is Trump and Trumpists. So what are you saying?
Like when trump used the govt/ IRS to financially hurt his opponents? Good point!!
Dumbfuck

To anyone who has been paying attention for the past three years, the New York [Fucking] Times is the LAST outlet that can be complaining about Trump's attacks. They have lied about him, distorted facts, intentionally misinterpreted essentially everything this President says, simply made shit up for their own story lines, solicited illegal disclosures and published them...the list goes on and on, and the activity never stops.

And Trump has done NOTHING to prevent them or even impede their slanderous activities; he merely points some of them out and complains about it.

The idea that Trump threatens the "free press" is preposterous. If he has any impact on it, one has to note that it is TOTALLY INEFFECTIVE. The slanders go on hourly through dozens of Media and entertainment sources.

The "enemy of the people" is a loaded expression. Maybe Trump should call them the "Enemy of the Truth."

Its fucking right though. The media use us for more clickbait. Stupid rubes like yourself defend them.
Dumbfucks like you is how stalin still has a positive support percentage in russia.
You people eat up whatever your "superiors" tell you.
They lie to use every fucking day. You love it. Its pathetic.

A few questions:

So where do you get your news since you admittedly hate the press? Who do you believe? Are you the sole arbiter of what truth is ? Are Trump's words to be taken without criticism? Do you think there is a conspiracy among all media to dupe Americans? Is the free press a sham? Should we do away with the first amendment?

Last edited:
There is a reason a free press was in the first amendment to the Constitution, Unfortunately, we have mindless followers of a Trumpist ideology that do not want truth and do not want contradictory news to their beliefs but do want a single news source preferably from a leader they will question without thought.

Putinism and Trumpism are on the rise on the right. Ironically, these folks who side with Trumpist attacks on the free press often protest how they love the Constitution. The reality is they despise the Constitution and all it stands for.

The "enemy of the people" slogan was a favorite of Stalin. I don't think it is any surprise it has been co-opted by Trump and Trumpist. A totalitarian or authoritarian regime is what they truly desire. They just don't have the balls to admit it.
There is no free press in America. Trump isn't wrong to call attention to it. His methods, on the other hand, have a lot to be desired and actually undermine what should be a real discussion in America.

He sabotages his own message and therefore is a useful idiot of the ruling class. I understand why he was allowed to win.

Forum List

Back