End of Free trade?

We've never has "free trade."

It has always been an illusion.

This has always been about getting fair trade.

Are we going to let international corporations write the rules of international trade, or are we going to let the nation's that are in control of the trade rules write them?
Ok. So if I sell German goods I am screwed?

Probably not. You're customers might be though. :badgrin:

And if they don't want to buy at the new prices, the market responds, you just find yourself carrying new merchandise.

IOW, if you're thinking about diversifying from your BMW dealership to owing a GM dealership as well, now might be a good time. :lmao:
I don't want to sell different merchandise. Any trade rules in place now have not harmed my company. Just trying to figure out what effect this would have.
Then vote for international criminal extraordinaire!!!!

rhjxpuG.jpg
She is more pro small business than Trump! Thanks for the head's up :)

Why Small Business Owners Are Backing Donald Trump
Why Small Business Owners Are Backing Donald Trump
Lower taxes for all

One position Trump has taken that pretty much every business owner can get behind is the slashing of the corporate income tax rate from a high of 35 percent to 15 percent.

“No business of any size, from a Fortune 500 to a mom and pop shop to a freelancer living job to job, will pay more than 15 percent of their business income in taxes,” reads Trump’s policy paper on the issue.

Heather Nally, owner of the Micro Diner in Pittsburgh, could use a break on taxes. She’s been running her 29-seat restaurant for almost four years and pays her employees better than the $7.25 minimum wage.

“If I didn’t pay so much money on taxes I might be able to give these people more money,” Nally said.

She contributed $230 to Trump in January.

Trump’s reasoning for the tax cut, in part, is aimed at larger businesses. He wants to prevent corporate “inversions.” That’s the practice of companies reincorporating overseas to take advantage of lower tax rates. This would, in theory anyway, help manufacturing by keeping companies and jobs in this country.

Trump would also lower the personal income tax rate for everyone, but especially the wealthy, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, which analyzed his plan. The largest benefits, according to the study, “would go to the highest-income households.” It would provide an average $1.3 million tax cut for the top 0.1 percent of earners, the study found.

It’s safe to say Trump would fall into that category.

As for the impact of his policy on the debt, well, that’s a bit troublesome, according to the Tax Policy Center. It would cost the government $9.5 trillion over 10 years and could cause the national debt to soar, according to the analysis.

Experience wanted

Trump’s business experience inspires a lot of his small business supporters, particularly around job creation.

Trump, in a video on his website, says with characteristic understatement, “I will be the greatest jobs producing president that God ever created.”

Says Joyce, the donor from Richmond: “The most important thing we can create for America is jobs. I have a great amount of interest and respect to anyone that can grow a business with that many people — a wild amount of respect.”

Joyce says the regulatory environment in the country is “so unbearable — so impossible. We are having so few new businesses start because of the environment. Are we working through it? Yes. Is our business viable? Yes. But it’s terrible when you look at the dollars lost. It’s terrible and nobody cares.”

Forlini, the donor from New Jersey, agrees Trump is best suited to bring in jobs.

“He’s at least the best suited to get that under control just because he’s a businessman,” Forlini said. “Just because he understands whatever comes in he had to work to get that. If we get another liberal in there, I’m out of here.”

Forlini is a Democrat, and he believes “you’re going to see a lot of Democrats moving over to Trump.”

At least one poll says he may be on to something.

Civis Analytics, a data analytics consulting company, interviewed more than 11,000 Republican-leaning individuals and came to the conclusion that Trump’s best voters are “self-identified Republicans who nonetheless are registered as Democrats.”

I don't actually know what that entails.

That happens a lot around here.

No worries.

Free Trade is good if you're heavily invested in the Market with a diverse portfolio.

Free Trade is bad if you're a blue collar worker whose factor town is about to go under. Basically, they found someone to do your job for less in Mexico or China. But on the bright side, you can get cheap shit at Walgreens.

I don't actually know what that entails.

That happens a lot around here.

No worries.

Free Trade is good if you're heavily invested in the Market with a diverse portfolio.

Free Trade is bad if you're a blue collar worker whose factor town is about to go under. Basically, they found someone to do your job for less in Mexico or China. But on the bright side, you can get cheap shit at Walgreens.
I hear that a lot but manufacturing jobs have gone up for several years. And we do not have a trade treaty with China.

That's a Trump platform, amirite?

I don't actually know what that entails. If my company buys Japanese or German or British manufactured products, will I be out of business?

Toro and what of Scotch?

Trump has proposed the end of retarded trade where America gets screwed.

Forum List

Back