End of Free trade?

That's a Trump platform, amirite?

I don't actually know what that entails. If my company buys Japanese or German or British manufactured products, will I be out of business?

Toro and what of Scotch?
We've never has "free trade."

It has always been an illusion.

This has always been about getting fair trade.

Are we going to let international corporations write the rules of international trade, or are we going to let the nation's that are in control of the trade rules write them?
Ok. So if I sell German goods I am screwed?

Probably not. You're customers might be though. :badgrin:

And if they don't want to buy at the new prices, the market responds, you just find yourself carrying new merchandise.

IOW, if you're thinking about diversifying from your BMW dealership to owing a GM dealership as well, now might be a good time. :lmao:
I don't want to sell different merchandise. Any trade rules in place now have not harmed my company. Just trying to figure out what effect this would have.
No your not. You just trolling.

Trump is a free trader. He wants to tariff to get us competing again. Kinda the point of protectionism..

I don't actually know what that entails. If my company buys Japanese or German or British manufactured products, will I be out of business?

Toro and what of Scotch?

Are we going to let international corporations write the rules of international trade, or are we going to let the nation's that are in control of the trade rules write them?

Me thinks you are delving into hyperbole. Free trade is what Clinton called it as he created the sucking sound of jobs leaving the country. It is hard to say it didn't happen and was predicted. It was sold under the premise that it would help the US an it trade with other countries. It did, it helped import cheaper goods and jobs out of the country.

So it isn't about free trade but fair trade. Scotch, that isn't made in the US per se. So Scotch is not going to be dumped on the US market. Same with a lot of German and British products. But something like shoes, they were made in America and still could be made in America. But it is not fair trade to expect US workers wages to compete with third world countries that not only pay much less they employ child labor. That is free trade which isn't fair trade for anyone.
You are saying we can't import shoes from Britain without paying a tariff?

maybe Trumps wall will stop his global recession after he starts trade wars, taxes the world, and tosses 15 million people out of our economy..

Bernie needs to promote Depends, Ensure, and 2 naps a day ..

Almost Everything Donald Trump Says About Trade With China Is Wrong
Donald Trump’s China trade plan would make American families pay a lot more for food, clothing, electronics, and everything else that now says ‘Made in China.’

Being sane and strapped for time, I have resisted analyzing Donald Trump’s international trade policy out of the conventional belief—since proven wrong—that he would fade from the political limelight in 2016. But since Trump is apparently here to stay and has amplified his trade rhetoric, a review of one of those plans—to impose high tariffs on Chinese goods—is now warranted. So here we are, and what a disaster this plan is.

There really is no sugarcoating it: almost everything that Donald Trump has proposed on U.S.-China trade—for example, during last Thursday night’s GOP debate, in a recent the New York Times interview, and on his website—is wrong.

Very, very wrong.

Review the Underlying Facts

First, the entire premise of Trump’s plan to retaliate against China is erroneous. Trump cites the U.S.-China trade deficit as proof that the dominant Chinese, via pernicious currency manipulation, are taking weak America’s manufacturing jobs, thereby justifying his tariff plans.

However, as I explained in The Federalist last fall, the U.S. manufacturing sector has been (until the last month or so) setting production (and export!) records, and almost 90 percent of the decline in U.S. manufacturing jobs between 2000 and 2010 was caused by productivity gains (robots and computers), rather than import competition.

In fact, a recent Ball State study found that, “Had we kept 2000-levels of productivity and applied them to 2010-levels of production, we would have required 20.9 million manufacturing workers. Instead, we employed only 12.1 million.” So unless Trump wants to destroy all the robots, those jobs just aren’t coming back, tariff or not.

Furthermore, the idea that the U.S.-China trade balance proves that we’re “losing” at trade is the height of economic ignorance. For one thing, there’s actually a strong correlation between U.S. economic growth and an expanding U.S. trade deficit.

Everything Trump Says About Trade With China Is Wrong

What we're calling 'Free Trade' today, isn't 'Fair Trade' for American Citizens. Let's move towards a Fair Trade policy. Most of the current trade deals were negotiated by Globalist hacks who could care less about Americans. Our numerous trade deficits is an absolute embarrassment. Time to put Americans first again.

Toro and what of Scotch?

And if they don't want to buy at the new prices, the market responds, you just find yourself carrying new merchandise.

IOW, if you're thinking about diversifying from your BMW dealership to owing a GM dealership as well, now might be a good time. :lmao:
I don't want to sell different merchandise. Any trade rules in place now have not harmed my company. Just trying to figure out what effect this would have.
Then vote for international criminal extraordinaire!!!!

rhjxpuG.jpg

Toro and what of Scotch?
Either you are stupid and don't understand what Trump has been talking about, or you are dishonest and know what he's been talking about and are merely doing your Democratic duty in distorting the facts.

Trump absolutely supports free trade when that free trade is fair for all concerned parties.

I don't get how us becoming less rich so shit holes could get less poor is a good thing.

I don't get how us becoming less rich so shit holes could get less poor is a good thing.

Granting that we are rich compared to many parts of the world, that's no reason to allow yourself to be fucked over in deal after deal.

Toro and what of Scotch?

Then vote for international criminal extraordinaire!!!!

rhjxpuG.jpg
She is more pro small business than Trump! Thanks for the head's up :)

Toro and what of Scotch?
Either you are stupid and don't understand what Trump has been talking about, or you are dishonest and know what he's been talking about and are merely doing your Democratic duty in distorting the facts.

Trump absolutely supports free trade when that free trade is fair for all concerned parties.
What does making it fair for all concerned entail?

Toro and what of Scotch?

Well let's see if this is fair to you.

Suppose companies from nation A sell products to nation B and vice versa. Now suppose the companies from Nation A are required to pay a 10% tariff on their products sold in nation B, but nation B companies are not charges such when they sell products in nation A.

Is that fair and free trade?

Toro and what of Scotch?

Suppose companies from nation A sell products to nation B and vice versa. Now suppose the companies from Nation A are required to pay a 10% tariff on their products sold in nation B, but nation B companies are not charges such when they sell products in nation A.

Is that what is happening? Can you give me a concrete example?

Toro and what of Scotch?

Spot On. Our current 'Free Trade' policies are not Fair Trade policies. The Globalists have thrown American Citizens overboard. Their despicable trade deals prove that.

Last edited:

Toro and what of Scotch?

No, I will not. I'm tired of the lib games around here. I asked you a specific question. Answer it please.

Toro and what of Scotch?

No, I will not. I'm tired of the lib games around here. I asked you a specific question. Answer it please.
What you described is not free trade.

Forum List

Back