End of Free trade?

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
That's a Trump platform, amirite?

I don't actually know what that entails. If my company buys Japanese or German or British manufactured products, will I be out of business?

Toro and what of Scotch?

I don't actually know what that entails. If my company buys Japanese or German or British manufactured products, will I be out of business?

Toro and what of Scotch?

It's pretty much Trump's "close Gitmo" line. It's a bullshit promise that he would never be able to fulfill, and probably has no interest in doing so anyway.

Toro and what of Scotch?

It's pretty much Trump's "close Gitmo" line. It's a bullshit promise that he would never be able to fulfill, and probably has no interest in doing so anyway.
What would stop him? I tend to agree he has no interest I doing it unless he wants to get elected to a second term by the rubes that loved free trade before they hated it.

Toro and what of Scotch?

Scotch is good but over rated. A good artisan Rum has a more palatable blend of flavors. You can get that here.

Toro and what of Scotch?
We've never has "free trade."

It has always been an illusion.

This has always been about getting fair trade.

Are we going to let international corporations write the rules of international trade, or are we going to let the nation's that are in control of the trade rules write them?

Toro and what of Scotch?

Scotch is good but over rated. A good artisan Rum has a more palatable blend of flavors. You can get that here.
I like rum better, too. But it all comes from foreign countries. How will ending free trade affect that ?

There's a strong pro-free trade plank in the GOP party platform. I wonder if they will take it out.

Trump and the GOP will make what ever adjustments are needed to decide he wasn't so bad after all.

Toro and what of Scotch?

Are we going to let international corporations write the rules of international trade, or are we going to let the nation's that are in control of the trade rules write them?
Ok. So if I sell German goods I am screwed?

Toro and what of Scotch?

I like rum better, too. But it all comes from foreign countries. How will ending free trade affect that ?

Not all of it. Lots of it comes from back porches and garages all over the country. There is a pretty large group of people whose hobby is producing better stuff than you can find at the liquor store.

Toro and what of Scotch?

Not all of it. Lots of it comes from back porches and garages all over the country. There is a pretty large group of people whose hobby is producing better stuff than you can find at the liquor store.
Ok. My faves are from the islands or Venezuela. So what happens to them?

This is why I am for free trade and am against Trump!
We haven't had free trade, we have been on the bottom half of a good deal for far too long. Things have gotten so bad the nations that are taking advantage of us are saying it out loud. They admit it. We are being led by stupid people and it's time to change that.

Toro and what of Scotch?

Probably not. You're customers might be though. :badgrin:

And if they don't want to buy at the new prices, the market responds, you just find yourself carrying new merchandise.

IOW, if you're thinking about diversifying from your BMW dealership to owing a GM dealership as well, now might be a good time. :lmao:

Toro and what of Scotch?

Probably not. You're customers might be though. :badgrin:

And if they don't want to buy at the new prices, the market responds, you just find yourself carrying new merchandise.

IOW, if you're thinking about diversifying from your BMW dealership to owing a GM dealership as well, now might be a good time. :lmao:
I don't want to sell different merchandise. Any trade rules in place now have not harmed my company. Just trying to figure out what effect this would have.

Toro and what of Scotch?

Me thinks you are delving into hyperbole. Free trade is what Clinton called it as he created the sucking sound of jobs leaving the country. It is hard to say it didn't happen and was predicted. It was sold under the premise that it would help the US an it trade with other countries. It did, it helped import cheaper goods and jobs out of the country.

So it isn't about free trade but fair trade. Scotch, that isn't made in the US per se. So Scotch is not going to be dumped on the US market. Same with a lot of German and British products. But something like shoes, they were made in America and still could be made in America. But it is not fair trade to expect US workers wages to compete with third world countries that not only pay much less they employ child labor. That is free trade which isn't fair trade for anyone.

Forum List

Back