Elizabeth Warren? Seriously?

But Lizzy Cheekbones made the claim, the burden of proof falls on HER!

Ummm, no. No such claim was made as a point of debate. That would be y'all.

Ya see, claiming one's ancestry contains some element can go a lot of ways. As you found out when you had to ignore 32,754 people so you could focus on two. Could be ancestor number 46. Could be number 117. Could be both, and/or others.

Claiming the negative though, that there's an absolute. That's a far higher standard, because now you have to eliminate everybody. If a single exception slips through, your point falls like a house of cards in a tornado.

Whooooosh.

The only thing we have to eliminate is Lizzie's credibility if she can't support her claim that she's a Cherokee Indian.

You can't prove the negative, so that ain't gonna happen.

I'm not required to prove that bigfoot doesn't exist, and likewise I'm not required to prove that Fauxcahontas has no Cherokee blood in her. She's required to prove that she does, and she has been emphatic on refusing to do so.

You obviously don't understand how science and logic work.

If you declare that "Bigfoot doesn't exist", then yes you are required to prove it -- if you don't you have no claim. Because you just stated a negative: "doesn't exist".

Wrong. You aren't required to prove it since there isn't a shred of evidence that it does exist.

That is exactly the morass you step into when you declare "she lied".

Compare these two statements:
  1. "Bigfoot doesn't exist"
  2. "Elizabeth Warren's Native American ancestry doesn't exist"
What's the same about both of them? Just take a wild guess.

Logic 101, jellyface.

Neither one of them require me to prove a thing since neither fiction has a shred of evidence to support it.

Fauxcahontas claimed she was Cherokee Indian. She's required to prove it. Sceptics aren't required to disprove it.

Ya see, claiming one's ancestry contains some element can go a lot of ways. As you found out when you had to ignore 32,754 people so you could focus on two. Could be ancestor number 46. Could be number 117. Could be both, and/or others.

Claiming the negative though, that there's an absolute. That's a far higher standard, because now you have to eliminate everybody. If a single exception slips through, your point falls like a house of cards in a tornado.

Whooooosh.

The only thing we have to eliminate is Lizzie's credibility if she can't support her claim that she's a Cherokee Indian.

I'm not required to prove that bigfoot doesn't exist, and likewise I'm not required to prove that Fauxcahontas has no Cherokee blood in her. She's required to prove that she does, and she has been emphatic on refusing to do so.

You obviously don't understand how science and logic work.

If you declare that "Bigfoot doesn't exist", then yes you are required to prove it -- if you don't you have no claim. Because you just stated a negative: "doesn't exist".

Wrong. You aren't required to prove it since there isn't a shred of evidence that it does exist.

That is exactly the morass you step into when you declare "she lied".

Compare these two statements:
  1. "Bigfoot doesn't exist"
  2. "Elizabeth Warren's Native American ancestry doesn't exist"
What's the same about both of them? Just take a wild guess.

Logic 101, jellyface.

Neither one of them require me to prove a thing since neither fiction has a shred of evidence to support it.

Fauxcahontas claimed she was Cherokee Indian. She's required to prove it. Sceptics aren't required to disprove it.

Heh - no, it doesn't work like that on this planet.

If you can't prove the negative, then you can't state one. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

"Bigfoot doesn't exist" and "Elizabeth Warren's Native American ancestry doesn't exist" are both flat negative statements. They require proof of the negative --- else the statements themselves don't exist.

Don't want to be saddled with the burden of proving a negative? Then don't state one in the first place. Not rocket surgery.

Look, it really is this simple:
Elizabeth Warren (or any person) simply stating "I have Native American blood" with no corroborating evidence, does not make that claim factual.

By the exact same token, you wags whining "she lied" with exactly the same dearth of corroborating evidence, does not make that claim "a lie".

As I keep saying -- Having it both ways: Priceless.

Last edited:
Lizzy is related to Elvis! You can't prove she isn't!!!

That's true. I can't.
But I didn't go on a message board and claim I could. That's why I'm up here and you're down there.

...and yet Princess Lizzy shouted it to the world.......but she isn't required to prove it in your bizzaro wold ;)

I am seriously embarrassed for you pogo.

When you make a claim, you substantiate it to the entity to whom you made the claim. Your link to where she "shouted it to the world" is where?

I'm Black Irish. I don't have to "prove" that, unless I'm applying for citizenship in the Black Irish Nation. Any more than I have to "prove" it when I declare "I'm hungry".

YOU on the other hand went with an absolute -- "she lied". Which puts you in the position of having to prove the negative.
Nobody else put you in that hole.

Dumbass.

Unfortunately she noted on various forms that she signed when she took the job at Harvard that she was Cherokee Indian. She actually broke the law if that claim was false.

Bullshit, she did not, and bullshit it would not be.

Look, you can scream nuh-uh all day but it doesn't change the fact that SHE made the claim.

That's true. I can't.
But I didn't go on a message board and claim I could. That's why I'm up here and you're down there.

...and yet Princess Lizzy shouted it to the world.......but she isn't required to prove it in your bizzaro wold ;)

When you make a claim, you substantiate it to the entity to whom you made the claim. Your link to where she "shouted it to the world" is where?

I'm Black Irish. I don't have to "prove" that, unless I'm applying for citizenship in the Black Irish Nation. Any more than I have to "prove" it when I declare "I'm hungry".

YOU on the other hand went with an absolute -- "she lied". Which puts you in the position of having to prove the negative.

Dumbass.

Unfortunately she noted on various forms that she signed when she took the job at Harvard that she was Cherokee Indian. She actually broke the law if that claim was false.

Look, you can scream nuh-uh all day but it doesn't change the fact that SHE made the claim.

I just posted the evidence that she did make the claim.

That's true. I can't.

Dumbass.

That ain't what he said. He said, "she noted on various forms when she took the job". Which is bullshit and has already been contradicted by those who hired her. They knew nothing of ancestry.

How come you have to change the question? Inconvenient?

Dumbass.

That ain't what he said. He said, "she noted on various forms when she took the job". Which is bullshit and has already been contradicted by those who hired her. They knew nothing of ancestry.

If they knew nothing of her ancestry, then why were they boasting that she was a Native American?

Dumbass.

You poor child.

Dumbass.

You poor child.

Don't see how -- I'm not the one who had to change the question because the existing one was inconvenient, am I?

:itsok:

Why does a elizebeth Warren thread have 1100 posts? Can't for the life of me figure it out. We all know she's Hilary's ho. That's all that needs to be said. Hilary loves bat shit crazy chicks.

Why does a elizebeth Warren thread have 1100 posts? Can't for the life of me figure it out. We all know she's Hilary's ho. That's all that needs to be said. Hilary loves bat shit crazy chicks.

Logic deniers, that's why. This thread ceased to be about Elizabeth Warren a long time ago. This thread is about how denialists want fantasy to trump logic.

6,843 hits! Can we get to 7K?....With some eye-candy I believe we can!

funny-gifs-hula-hoop.gif

But it's not Lizzy's job to prove she's Cherokee?????

To who?

She said she was part Cherokee

To you?

You told her she lied then, right?
What'd you say then?

She told the American people she was part Cherokee; she lied. Why is she lying about that?

In any event, why are you so defensive?! Progressives are pathological lairs so you should revel in the fact that Lizzy fucked over a minority group to further herself. Progressives have been doing that for generations!

Revel in Warrens insanity and lies, she's a perfect Progressive

Because I shoot down bullshit. And that's what you have here.

I don't know what the fuck "Progressives" are outside of car insurance. But I do know what horseshit logic is.

So who was this imaginary Cherokee ancestor?

Does he/she have a name?

So, you and Lizzy Cheekbones need to get right on it and show us which of them were Cherokee.

Apparently the Great grandparents who lived in Cherokee territory were White.

So, again, which of her ancestors were Cherokee.

You tell us, frank. Wasn't my claim. You're the crowd crowing "she lied". Well in order to know that you'd have to know about, and eliminate, one by one, all those 32,756 people above.

You have... let's add 'em up... carry the zero...
Two.
And the word "white" that a census taker wrote on his form.

To quote one of my favorite Fox Noise moments -- is this math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?

:bye1:

Whooooosh.

How fucking dumb are you?

Seriously

You tell us, frank. Wasn't my claim. You're the crowd crowing "she lied". Well in order to know that you'd have to know about, and eliminate, one by one, all those 32,756 people above.

Two.

To quote one of my favorite Fox Noise moments -- is this math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?

Whooooosh.

Seriously

Pogo is Red Helmet retarded.

Two.

Whooooosh.

Seriously

What, to expect you to see logic? You have a point. But that's on you, not me.

You're saying you can prove the negative? Cool, then do it. That's what I've been telling you the whole time, Einstein.

Whooooosh.

Seriously

What, to expect you to see logic? You have a point. But that's on you, not me.

You're saying you can prove the negative? Cool, then do it. That's what I've been telling you the whole time, Einstein.

Logic: Liz got caught lying

Forum List

Back