Elizabeth Warren proposes canceling student loan debt and offering free public college

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Why though when we could borrow another trillion for bombing brown people instead? That's what real nationalism is about, right?

Anyway, sarcasm aside, this will be Donald's 2020 competitor. You better take her seriously. Calling her Pocahontas won't be good enough.

Elizabeth Warren proposes canceling student loan debt and offering free public college

The proposal would cancel up to $50,000 in debt for people with annual household income under $100,000. Beyond that income threshold, smaller amounts of debt would be canceled, but no one with more than $250,000 in household income would be eligible.

To keep students from accumulating more debt in the future, Warren also proposes making two- and four-year public colleges tuition free, according to a plan unveiled in advance of a Monday evening CNN town hall focused on issues of interest to young voters.

With a price tag of $1.25 trillion over 10 years, Warren’s higher-education initiatives up the ante on an issue that most 2020 Democratic presidential candidates have been trying to address in more modest ways.

Why though when we could borrow another trillion for bombing brown people instead? That's what real nationalism is about, right?

No, it isn’t. It’s flat out irresponsible to pile on that kind of debt on top of the 22 trillion this country already owes. It’s mortgaging our future even more to win votes from idiots like you today.

Sure cancel their debt so they don't have to pay back the money they borrowed.

Free my ass. We tax payers will be footing the bills.

All student loan debt should be forgiven. Then make the billionaires pay for it. Special tax on Bezos, Gates, Buffet, and the little Facebook dork.

• Banned
No, it isn’t. It’s flat out irresponsible to pile on that kind of debt on top of the 22 trillion this country already owes. It’s mortgaging our future even more to win votes from idiots like you today.

They're going to keep adding trillions to the debt either way. Maybe one of those trillions could actually help people for a change.

All student loan debt should be forgiven. Then make the billionaires pay for it. Special tax on Bezos, Gates, Buffet, and the little Facebook dork.

Punish the wealthy. Penalize the wealthy. When all else fails, tap into class warfare and hinder what makes America great - past, present, and future.

By 'canceling' she means sticking taxpayers with the bill. :eusa_hand: I'm not working overtime to pay off someone else's overpriced worthless degree. :eusa_hand: I'm also not working overtime to pay for all the 'free' shit bribes Warren is using to purchase their vote :eusa_hand:

• Banned

We will all be dead before being personally impacted by the national debt. I think if we set up young people for the future and actually do good with that money we borrow they will forgive us. Empowering young people is how we stop China from taking over the world. Anybody that would oppose that effort is no true nationalist.

Anyway, sarcasm aside, this will be Donald's 2020 competitor. You better take her seriously. Calling her Pocahontas won't be good enough.

The proposal would cancel up to $50,000 in debt for people with annual household income under $100,000. Beyond that income threshold, smaller amounts of debt would be canceled, but no one with more than $250,000 in household income would be eligible.

To keep students from accumulating more debt in the future, Warren also proposes making two- and four-year public colleges tuition free, according to a plan unveiled in advance of a Monday evening CNN town hall focused on issues of interest to young voters.

With a price tag of $1.25 trillion over 10 years, Warren’s higher-education initiatives up the ante on an issue that most 2020 Democratic presidential candidates have been trying to address in more modest ways.

Seriously, she has got a lot of nerve calling for college loan forgiveness when she was one of the culprits. When she wasn’t checking the box for her 1/1,024th Cherokee Indian heritage, she was charging $300-$400 /hour to teach one class. Trump donates his $400k per year salary as President.

Punish the wealthy. Penalize the wealthy. When all else fails, tap into class warfare and hinder what makes America great - past, present, and future.
Sure. Why not? They are a bunch of crooks anyway.

We will all be dead before being personally impacted by the national debt. I think if we set up young people for the future and actually do good with that money we borrow they will forgive us. Empowering young people is how we stop China from taking over the world. Anybody that would oppose that effort is no true nationalist.

Oh for fucks sake, we don't want to throw gasoline on the problem. Students are borrowing ridiculous sums of money to purchase degrees that are not worth the price. If they were they would be able to get a job and pay off their loans HELLO! The price of the degrees must come down.

Not for learners or knowledge seekers. Its only for americans. For international students you will raise the killing amounts of fees for education. Education is only for millionarires. High quality. Rest are in slavery of low quality of education.

No problem
Just cancel all of that cash they're paying to non-citizens.

it's not her debt to cancel.

they're already pissed off at the current state of affairs in the country and you want to compound it by handing them a shitter world cause you'll be dead and gone and not give a shit?

nice.

The programs available for years on loan forgiveness have been cancelled during Trump. Even the one for becoming disabled...

“I will say anything to get your vote.” You want a car? “I will get you a new car for free!” You want to pay zero rent for a new condo? “Done”. You want to make $340 an hour? “ I can do it!” You wanna renounce your citizenship and become an Native American? “ I can help with that too!” She is the all-purpose candidate that has a snowballs chance in hell of being nominated or elected President.

Cool on canceling the loan debt, but how does she get college professors to work for free.

Pocahontas says people deserve something for nothing. What else is new.

ILMAO @ take her seriously. Why would anyone take her seriously?

Forum List

Back