Sanders to propose canceling 16 trillion in US student debt

Go fuck yourself!!!
It's not my responsibility to take on someone else's debt.
Especially for those of us who worked hard, and paid ours back.

Exactly!!
In my case I quit high school in the tenth grade and retired at 46.
I figure the state owes me money.
Huge numbers of these fools toting college debt never had any legitimate business going to college in the first place. Greed, ignorance, and a desire to "run with the big dogs" assisted them in making a terrible decision that will cost them untold amounts of money for years, on top of years.

Why do so many Republicans blame people if they live on welfare, but also blame people if they have student debt?

At least the one in college is trying to get ahead.
While I cannot speak for the sentiments of all Republicans; I can offer my point of view. That being that both welfare ( in all but the rarest of cases), and college debt that one cannot repay, are both the result of poor decision making. As such the consequences of those decisions should only burden those who made them.

The Capitalist system creates winners & losers according to the job demand & pay scale.

The colleges are so ridiculously expensive, and yet so needed now-a-days.

More stupidity.

Not all colleges are expensive.
And college is not needed either. The world needs plumbers and electricians and welders and all that.

What we don't need is dopes like you.
You do realize this subject covers technical schools, right?

It's absurd to think everybody can be a plumber...Theres only so many plumbing jobs according to demand.

Exactly!!
Huge numbers of these fools toting college debt never had any legitimate business going to college in the first place. Greed, ignorance, and a desire to "run with the big dogs" assisted them in making a terrible decision that will cost them untold amounts of money for years, on top of years.

Why do so many Republicans blame people if they live on welfare, but also blame people if they have student debt?

While I cannot speak for the sentiments of all Republicans; I can offer my point of view. That being that both welfare ( in all but the rarest of cases), and college debt that one cannot repay, are both the result of poor decision making. As such the consequences of those decisions should only burden those who made them.

The Capitalist system creates winners & losers according to the job demand & pay scale.
You asked. I answered. As to "winners", and "losers"? Such is life. And that will never change...

Absolutely stunning that someone can take a loan out and except someone else to pay for it. Liberals can't campaign against a great economy and great unemployment rate so they have to give away free shIt to win votes.

Something must be done.
Colleges are way more expensive & way more necessary than they were 40 years ago.

Not sure, if we need price controls, or government aid.

None the less the system is broken.

Absolutely stunning that someone can take a loan out and except someone else to pay for it. Liberals can't campaign against a great economy and great unemployment rate so they have to give away free shIt to win votes.

Something must be done.
Colleges are way more expensive & way more necessary than they were 40 years ago.

Here's a thought -- You borrow money?

You pay it back.

Not complicated.

Besides, with the HUGE pay gap, the College Grads shouldn't have a problem

Pay gap between college grads and everyone else at a record

....The split is especially stark among white men. For middle-age white men with only high school degrees — the core of President-elect Donald Trump's support — inflation-adjusted income fell 9% from 1996 through 2014, according to Sentier Research, an analytics firm. By contrast, income for white men in the same age bracket who are college graduates jumped 23%....

Something must be done.

Colleges aren't any more necessary than they ever were. The reason why college is expensive is because the federal government created programs to help pay for college. That gave the colleges and universities an incentive to charge more.

Something must be done.

Colleges aren't any more necessary than they ever were. The reason why college is expensive is because the federal government created programs to help pay for college. That gave the colleges and universities an incentive to charge more.
That's absolutely right. If it becomes free can you imagine how many fly by night colleges would pop up to get in on the easy money gravy train? If you want prices to go down take all the government money out of the college equation and let the market decide. You'd get rid of a lot of the dead wood too. How many people would spend thousands of their own money to take a remedial reading or math class?

Something must be done.

The system is not broken. The answer is for you to only borrow what you can pay back. If enough people are fiscally responsible and don't attend the high priced colleges by borrowing and putting themselves on debt then prices will come down. Supply and demand.

Something must be done.

College is definitely more necessary for getting a higher paying job than it was years ago.

As for costs of college it's generally less in Europe.

Now why is that?

Something must be done.

The system is not broken. The answer is for you to only borrow what you can pay back. If enough people are fiscally responsible and don't attend the high priced colleges by borrowing and putting themselves on debt then prices will come down. Supply and demand.

The jobs of today simply demand more & more skills... Those skills come from college & tech schools.

Sanders to propose canceling $1.6 trillion in US student debt

I am all for it. It should be tuition free. Some states are doing this at community colleges etc...professors and presidents of colleges should NOT be making 6 digit incomes its outrageous. This is the ONE and only good thing about a leftist president in 2020. I won't be paying mine or my wife's loans back...US wants to screw over working class people they can shove it up their ass...I don't go to college just to be 300-400$ a month in debt because we merely wanted a better life for ourselves. Go ahead and take our tax refund idc...

Go fuck yourself!!!

Exactly!!

Because they're both dead beats.

Go fuck yourself!!!

Exactly!!

Yep.
Flat out determination will beat out a college education unless that college grad pursues success with the same vigor.
I went from being an idiot to making flight hardware for the Shuttle Program.
It ain't the education,it's the drive.

It's not the same World anymore, College is much more needed now-a-days, and much more expensive.... A simple recipe for disaster.

College tuition skyrocketed when the gov got into the student loan business.

No one forced you to take out any loan. Ever. Quit blaming others for your decisions. It isn't up to "me", the taxpayer, to repay your debt. I don't care how other countries do things.
Good for you. We all can't be born with a silver spoon in our mouth's. That's the way things are going to happen. The government can fix shit or continue to NOT get paid back for overpriced college education.

The liberal left is the cause of the explosion in the cost of tuition.
Why the fuck should I pay for it?
Oh both sides are the problem not just one.

While both sides bear responsibility for the woes of our country the fucking up of our colleges isnt one of them.
The blame lies solely on the liberal left

The colleges are so ridiculously expensive, and yet so needed now-a-days.

Just Capitalism supply, and demand failing the future generations.

Two-thirds of American employees regret their college degrees

I am all for it. It should be tuition free. Some states are doing this at community colleges etc...professors and presidents of colleges should NOT be making 6 digit incomes its outrageous. This is the ONE and only good thing about a leftist president in 2020. I won't be paying mine or my wife's loans back...US wants to screw over working class people they can shove it up their ass...I don't go to college just to be 300-400$ a month in debt because we merely wanted a better life for ourselves. Go ahead and take our tax refund idc...
/——/ Tuition Free will only drive up the cost of education because the students, parents and administrators will see it as free money. They will jack up the tuition even more.

Exactly!!

Than pick a skill thats in demand and forego that underwater basket weaving degree.

What about those of us that paid for ours? What about those of us who have paid into 529 plans for our kids college? Do we get to take all that money out without penalty? What about those of us who worked hard to get academic/atheletic scholarships? Working hard wouldn't exactly be rewarded in a "free" system, but rewarding people for hard work doesn't seem to be on the left's radar.

What most leftys don't get about "free" college in most countries is that while it may be "free", many, if not most, students don't get in. You can't be an average student and get into college into many other countries. You also can't get a 4-year degree in ancient Ethiopean folk art.

This "free" everything by the left is paying off. The OP is a great example. Promise to give people something for free and they will vote for you. They don't care who pays for it and they don't care how it may affect the country. It is all about them. This is what will continue to happen the more secular our country becomes.
/——/ “What about those of us that paid for ours? ”
Well in plain English: “Too bad for you, Sucka. That will teach you to be responsible by paying your own way.

Go fuck yourself!!!

Exactly!!

Who is blaming them for having student debt?

We simply demand they pay off their obligations. If they took the money, they can damn well pay it back.

/——/ Crazy Bernie isn’t cancelling any debt. He will just transfer the obligation from the freeloaders to the producers.

Something must be done.

Not true at all.

Take a auto mechanic from 30 years ago & put him in front of a Prius.

Electronics are in everything.

Go fuck yourself!!!

Exactly!!

Because they're both dead beats.

As if only a fraction of Americans who made it without college degrees are the non-deadbeats?

Forum List

Back