Elizabeth Warren proposes canceling student loan debt and offering free public college

All student loan debt should be forgiven. Then make the billionaires pay for it. Special tax on Bezos, Gates, Buffet, and the little Facebook dork.

Punish the wealthy. Penalize the wealthy. When all else fails, tap into class warfare and hinder what makes America great - past, present, and future.
Sure. Why not? They are a bunch of crooks anyway.

If they are crooks, work the due process. Policies rooted in class warfare or otherwise tapping into the sin of envy among the masses for wealth transfer never fares well except for a true 1 percent.

Sure cancel their debt so they don't have to pay back the money they borrowed.

Free my ass. We tax payers will be footing the bills.

We will all be dead before being personally impacted by the national debt. I think if we set up young people for the future and actually do good with that money we borrow they will forgive us. Empowering young people is how we stop China from taking over the world. Anybody that would oppose that effort is no true nationalist.
they're already pissed off at the current state of affairs in the country and you want to compound it by handing them a shitter world cause you'll be dead and gone and not give a shit?

nice.

I think it'll be a better world when education isn't putting people into severe debt.

Why though when we could borrow another trillion for bombing brown people instead? That's what real nationalism is about, right?

Anyway, sarcasm aside, this will be Donald's 2020 competitor. You better take her seriously. Calling her Pocahontas won't be good enough.

Elizabeth Warren proposes canceling student loan debt and offering free public college

The proposal would cancel up to $50,000 in debt for people with annual household income under $100,000. Beyond that income threshold, smaller amounts of debt would be canceled, but no one with more than $250,000 in household income would be eligible.

To keep students from accumulating more debt in the future, Warren also proposes making two- and four-year public colleges tuition free, according to a plan unveiled in advance of a Monday evening CNN town hall focused on issues of interest to young voters.

With a price tag of $1.25 trillion over 10 years, Warren’s higher-education initiatives up the ante on an issue that most 2020 Democratic presidential candidates have been trying to address in more modest ways.
As long as those working in the college dont get paid, I am all for free education. That way no one has to pay, except those who work for the college. They are the ones producing idiots like Phocahantas, they should give up their salaries for kids to have free college.

I am 100% against this.

And - HELLO? No one put a gun to these students heads. They were under ZERO obligation to go so massively into debt..they did it freely.

The responsibility is theirs.

And why should students get a MASSIVE break and not homeowners who are underwater or small business owners with huge debt payments? These latter persons are FAR more important to the economy.

Don't get me wrong - I am against ANY government bailout of anyone or anything. But if you must do it - why the fuck are students SO special?

Because college students OVERWHELMINGLY vote Democrat since 2000...that is why.

Just How Liberal Are College Students? | Harvard Political Review

They got themselves into the mess they are in of their own free will...it is up to them to get themselves out of it. NOT taxpayers.

Free gender studies degrees?

If you fall for that stupidity, you pay. Darwinism at work.

We will all be dead before being personally impacted by the national debt. I think if we set up young people for the future and actually do good with that money we borrow they will forgive us. Empowering young people is how we stop China from taking over the world. Anybody that would oppose that effort is no true nationalist.
they're already pissed off at the current state of affairs in the country and you want to compound it by handing them a shitter world cause you'll be dead and gone and not give a shit?

nice.

I think it'll be a better world when education isn't putting people into severe debt.
agreed. but getting people out of it shouldn't increase my own.

fix the system. that will take effort, time, compromise and cost.

"forgiving debt" is another handout the gov is relying on vs. working our way out of our problems.

It's hard not to flame a post like this.
All you're saying is that you want to kick the can down the road....once again.
And the excuse this time is...."Not my problem, it's theirs."
sad

sad

How many more trillions will we spend on bombing third world countries?

Here's the skinny is this. The reason that the student loan debt is so high is that
the government took over the loan business. Once they did, tuition went through the roof.
Now some idiots in office and apparently on this board want to forgive all debt.
Well, the natural progression of greed will be to raise tuition even higher now that
only the government is responsible. Yeah....great idea, huh?

I know there is at least one person in this thread that doesn't have a shred of
common sense, I hope the rest do.

She's an idiot. I will not pay for future Starbucks Baristas and their Gender and Minority Studies or Art History degrees. If kids want an education they can now go on line and get a degree for very low cost. They live on their damn phones anyway, maybe they can use them for something useful instead of the crap they are.

sad

How many more trillions will we spend on bombing third world countries?
We talking bombing third world countries, or are we talking about free tuition? Pick your point and stick with it, dude.

who votes for these asshats? are they actually real americans? WTF. so, for basically for all us tax payers...:fu:. And that floats? come on, you all are Russia hoaxing me right?

Why though when we could borrow another trillion for bombing brown people instead? That's what real nationalism is about, right?

Anyway, sarcasm aside, this will be Donald's 2020 competitor. You better take her seriously. Calling her Pocahontas won't be good enough.

The proposal would cancel up to $50,000 in debt for people with annual household income under $100,000. Beyond that income threshold, smaller amounts of debt would be canceled, but no one with more than $250,000 in household income would be eligible.

To keep students from accumulating more debt in the future, Warren also proposes making two- and four-year public colleges tuition free, according to a plan unveiled in advance of a Monday evening CNN town hall focused on issues of interest to young voters.

With a price tag of $1.25 trillion over 10 years, Warren’s higher-education initiatives up the ante on an issue that most 2020 Democratic presidential candidates have been trying to address in more modest ways.
The ONLY reason Elizabeth Warren wants to cancel student loan debt is because she does not want to have to re-pay the money for the prestigious college scholarship she STOLE from a Native American years ago!

You just keep hanging your hopes on nitwits like Warren. Great plan! That will help ensure not only a landslide for president Trump but one for republicans in congressional races too. You may think you're talking tough but you're actually rambing on like a complete fool so everyone knows you for the fool you are. A big help for your side helping to confirm that the Democratic party today is nothing but a ship of fools.

I am 100% against this.

And - HELLO? No one put a gun to these students heads. They were under ZERO obligation to go so massively into debt..they did it freely.

The responsibility is theirs.

And why should students get a MASSIVE break and not homeowners who are underwater or small business owners with huge debt payments? These latter persons are FAR more important to the economy.

Don't get me wrong - I am against ANY government bailout of anyone or anything. But if you must do it - why the fuck are students SO special?

Because college students OVERWHELMINGLY vote Democrat since 2000...that is why.

Just How Liberal Are College Students? | Harvard Political Review

They got themselves into the mess they are in of their own free will...it is up to them to get themselves out of it. NOT taxpayers.
So you want colleges to go bankrupt because no kid should go to college for such shitty education, and no return?

Forum List

Back