Elizabeth Warren proposes canceling student loan debt and offering free public college

I'm a Democrat, and that proposal is ridiculous and insulting to all of us who for years had to pay back student loans for undergrad or graduate school ... they aren't free! ... and if you borrowed the money to try to advance yourself, even if it didn't quite "work out" as you wanted it to, you still owe the money ... plain & simple ... & please, let's not give the POtuS [not a capitalization typo] another winning issue to run on!!!

Why though when we could borrow another trillion for bombing brown people instead? That's what real nationalism is about, right?

No, it isn’t. It’s flat out irresponsible to pile on that kind of debt on top of the 22 trillion this country already owes. It’s mortgaging our future even more to win votes from idiots like you today.
They should investigate why college tuition is so high.
Are the students being ripped-off?

Why though when we could borrow another trillion for bombing brown people instead? That's what real nationalism is about, right?

Anyway, sarcasm aside, this will be Donald's 2020 competitor. You better take her seriously. Calling her Pocahontas won't be good enough.

Elizabeth Warren proposes canceling student loan debt and offering free public college

The proposal would cancel up to $50,000 in debt for people with annual household income under $100,000. Beyond that income threshold, smaller amounts of debt would be canceled, but no one with more than $250,000 in household income would be eligible.

To keep students from accumulating more debt in the future, Warren also proposes making two- and four-year public colleges tuition free, according to a plan unveiled in advance of a Monday evening CNN town hall focused on issues of interest to young voters.

With a price tag of $1.25 trillion over 10 years, Warren’s higher-education initiatives up the ante on an issue that most 2020 Democratic presidential candidates have been trying to address in more modest ways.
The ONLY reason Elizabeth Warren wants to cancel student loan debt is because she does not want to have to re-pay the money for the prestigious college scholarship she STOLE from a Native American years ago!
well i think it's just a popular request so like an idiot she wants to make promises she knows she won't be able to keep in order to help gain votes she knows she's not going to get in the end.

No, it isn’t. It’s flat out irresponsible to pile on that kind of debt on top of the 22 trillion this country already owes. It’s mortgaging our future even more to win votes from idiots like you today.

They're going to keep adding trillions to the debt either way. Maybe one of those trillions could actually help people for a change.

Mortgaging future generations and causing ultimate economic hardship for the entire country does nothing to help anyone and do you know why they do it anyway? Because the left wants their "free" shit and the right wants to militarily dominate the planet.

Bear in mind, I currently owe over $50k in student loans and in no why do I support the asshattery she is proposing.

It would be an easy investigation. Colleges ARE taking advantage that the
government, (that has very little oversight), took over the loan industry.
This would have never happened if it had stayed in the private sector.

Yes, no question that the students are being ripped off.....because of our government.

Yes, no question that the students are being ripped off.....because of our government.
Student loans before Reagan were at a decent interest I paid 2% for college loans in 1980-81, after Reagan they were at 10% when he got through with the dept of ed...now they are at 5%.

gov enforces bad home loans, look what happens.

gov gets into student loans, look what happens...

Prog-allowances for raising a child. Receive $20 a week on someone else's dime in exchange for breathing.

Student loans before Reagan were at a decent interest I paid 2% for college loans in 1980-81, after Reagan they were at 10% when he got through with the dept of ed...now they are at 5%.
Government took over the student loan industry in 2010.
Notice the correlation in this chart?

Federal%20Student%20Loans.jpg

Yes because the idea of supply and demand in college degrees increased due to requirements of corporations and govt. to obtain a job.

Yes because the idea of supply and demand in college degrees increased due to requirements of corporations and govt. to obtain a job.
So supply and demand only works with the private colleges and not with the public colleges, I see. :uhh:
Private colleges has quite the gig going on with tuition.

5b34fc2f79aa6330008b460b-960-720.jpg

So supply and demand only works with the private colleges and not with the public colleges, I see. :uhh:

Private colleges are more geared towards an education only the ablest and brightest may experience..

Private colleges are more geared towards an education only the ablest and brightest may experience..
What????

Anyway, sarcasm aside, this will be Donald's 2020 competitor. You better take her seriously. Calling her Pocahontas won't be good enough.

The proposal would cancel up to $50,000 in debt for people with annual household income under $100,000. Beyond that income threshold, smaller amounts of debt would be canceled, but no one with more than $250,000 in household income would be eligible.

To keep students from accumulating more debt in the future, Warren also proposes making two- and four-year public colleges tuition free, according to a plan unveiled in advance of a Monday evening CNN town hall focused on issues of interest to young voters.

With a price tag of $1.25 trillion over 10 years, Warren’s higher-education initiatives up the ante on an issue that most 2020 Democratic presidential candidates have been trying to address in more modest ways.

Warren is so stupid she actually thinks there is such a thing as free.

Newsflash

Nothing is free and someone always pays

All student loan debt should be forgiven. Then make the billionaires pay for it. Special tax on Bezos, Gates, Buffet, and the little Facebook dork.

Punish the wealthy. Penalize the wealthy. When all else fails, tap into class warfare and hinder what makes America great - past, present, and future.
Sure. Why not? They are a bunch of crooks anyway.

If they are crooks, work the due process. Policies rooted in class warfare or otherwise tapping into the sin of envy among the masses for wealth transfer never fares well except for a true 1 percent.
Lol. Terribly naive. These billionaires are above any kind of justice you and I know of.

If they weren’t such fucking psychopaths, they would gladly pay off all the student loans. It would be a fraction of their wealth.

I wonder if any of the geniuses here have considered the possibility that this might be a good investment?
Too many variables to make a good investment.

Well then.....you've clearly studied the matter and we can simply call it stupid to ensure that we have an educated populace which
doesn't have tremendous education loan debt. Silly me.

I wonder if any of the geniuses here have considered the possibility that this might be a good investment?

I have, and I've concluded it's a terrible "investment". With the dysfunctional state of US politics, I don't want government making theses kinds of decisions for society.

Forum List

Back