Sanders to propose canceling 16 trillion in US student debt

Good for you. We all can't be born with a silver spoon in our mouth's. That's the way things are going to happen. The government can fix shit or continue to NOT get paid back for overpriced college education.

The liberal left is the cause of the explosion in the cost of tuition.
Why the fuck should I pay for it?
Oh both sides are the problem not just one.

While both sides bear responsibility for the woes of our country the fucking up of our colleges isnt one of them.
The blame lies solely on the liberal left

The colleges are so ridiculously expensive, and yet so needed now-a-days.

Just Capitalism supply, and demand failing the future generations.

Two-thirds of American employees regret their college degrees

Now-a-days having no degree sets you up for poverty & college for debt.

It's not the same World that boomers grew up in.

Yet, Babyboomers continue to make the same mistakes that f'cked up America.

No one forced you to take out any loan. Ever. Quit blaming others for your decisions. It isn't up to "me", the taxpayer, to repay your debt. I don't care how other countries do things.
Good for you. We all can't be born with a silver spoon in our mouth's. That's the way things are going to happen. The government can fix shit or continue to NOT get paid back for overpriced college education.

While both sides bear responsibility for the woes of our country the fucking up of our colleges isnt one of them.

You're right. Colleges need to stop charging tuition.

Especially for those of us who worked hard, and paid ours back.

Exactly!!
In my case I quit high school in the tenth grade and retired at 46.
I figure the state owes me money.
Huge numbers of these fools toting college debt never had any legitimate business going to college in the first place. Greed, ignorance, and a desire to "run with the big dogs" assisted them in making a terrible decision that will cost them untold amounts of money for years, on top of years.

Yep.
Flat out determination will beat out a college education unless that college grad pursues success with the same vigor.
I went from being an idiot to making flight hardware for the Shuttle Program.
It ain't the education,it's the drive.

It's not the same World anymore, College is much more needed now-a-days, and much more expensive.... A simple recipe for disaster.

College tuition skyrocketed when the gov got into the student loan business.

College costs less in most other countries for a reason.

Absolutely stunning that someone can take a loan out and except someone else to pay for it. Liberals can't campaign against a great economy and great unemployment rate so they have to give away free shIt to win votes.

Something must be done.
Colleges are way more expensive & way more necessary than they were 40 years ago.

Not sure, if we need price controls, or government aid.

None the less the system is broken.
Colleges aren't any more necessary than they ever were. The reason why college is expensive is because the federal government created programs to help pay for college. That gave the colleges and universities an incentive to charge more.

College is definitely more necessary for getting a higher paying job than it was years ago.

As for costs of college it's generally less in Europe.

Now why is that?
As for costs of college it's generally less in Europe.

Now why is that?

Because they don't let idiots in.......sorry.

Sanders to propose canceling $1.6 trillion in US student debt

I am all for it. It should be tuition free. Some states are doing this at community colleges etc...professors and presidents of colleges should NOT be making 6 digit incomes its outrageous. This is the ONE and only good thing about a leftist president in 2020. I won't be paying mine or my wife's loans back...US wants to screw over working class people they can shove it up their ass...I don't go to college just to be 300-400$ a month in debt because we merely wanted a better life for ourselves. Go ahead and take our tax refund idc...
/——/ From the Hill.com
"When you say #cancelstudentdebt, you’re saying a minority of people who had the advantage of obtaining a degree should have their debt paid off by hardworking taxpayers, 2/3 of whom don’t have degrees themselves, or already paid their own student debt off.

This is immoral."

Especially for those of us who worked hard, and paid ours back.

Exactly!!
In my case I quit high school in the tenth grade and retired at 46.
I figure the state owes me money.
Huge numbers of these fools toting college debt never had any legitimate business going to college in the first place. Greed, ignorance, and a desire to "run with the big dogs" assisted them in making a terrible decision that will cost them untold amounts of money for years, on top of years.

Why do so many Republicans blame people if they live on welfare, but also blame people if they have student debt?

At least the one in college is trying to get ahead.

Because they're both dead beats.

As if only a fraction of Americans who made it without college degrees are the non-deadbeats?

Dont see where that matters.
You either pay your debts or you dont.

So there are no more machinist,electricians or plumbers?

There's far less American machinists because your friends the Capitalists at Wall Street have decided we don't deserve American founded jobs, anymore.

There's far less American machinists because your friends the Capitalists at Wall Street have decided we don't deserve American founded jobs, anymore.

Wrong.
There are machine shops all over the country.
The biggest problem these days is immigrants driving down wages in the blue collar industries.

Not quite “no degree”. False statement.

Wrong.
The biggest problem these days is immigrants driving down wages in the blue collar industries.

Between automation, outsourcing & immigrants... It's become far more difficult to find machinist jobs.

Wrong.

Between automation, outsourcing & immigrants... It's become far more difficult to find machinist jobs.
Boo-hoo. Then either become more competitive in your field of interest, or move to a place where your field of interest is in demand. Or, God forbid... Pursue a field where the demand is. Have some fucking agency.

Wrong.

When I started machining CNC's were run by paper punch tapes and manual machines were still widely used.
You gotta learn the new tech or be left behind.
With that being said I still ran manuals for prototype work and one of parts.
And a CNC still needs an operator which has dumbed down machinist to button pushers.
A long time manual machinist knows far more about machining techniques and practical machining than any button pusher.

Absolutely stunning that someone can take a loan out and except someone else to pay for it. Liberals can't campaign against a great economy and great unemployment rate so they have to give away free shIt to win votes.

Something must be done.
Colleges are way more expensive & way more necessary than they were 40 years ago.

Not sure, if we need price controls, or government aid.

None the less the system is broken.

The system is not broken. The answer is for you to only borrow what you can pay back. If enough people are fiscally responsible and don't attend the high priced colleges by borrowing and putting themselves on debt then prices will come down. Supply and demand.

The jobs of today simply demand more & more skills... Those skills come from college & tech schools.

The average costs of a Public Two-Year College (in-district students) is $3,440 per year. You could easily pay for that working 10 hours a week at $10 if you live with parents, relatives or a friend. If you want to go to a private college then work more hours (I worked 20 a week while in college). If you want to go to an upscale private college and need to take out a loan, then only borrow what you can reasonably pay back. If you have to work full-time to pay for housing, then take a few courses a semester. If you have kids and need work full-time then you do what you need to do. It's your life and you made your bed so to speak. Just don't borrow what you can't pay back and ask the rest of us to pay the bill - especially when we are faced with the same decisions as you and found a way.

GOOD the SOB better make it retroactive for the past forty years when the rip off scam began " no child left behind" that was a scam to enslave " EVERYONE" blacks esp. into owing the rest of their lives or keep them in low paying jobs using the umbrella of student loan payment iif you work here or there etc...

https://www.fda.gov/media/75191/download

. . my only question is why the elites are allowed to declare bankruptcy, but the poor and middle class aren't?

Seems like a rigged system. :dunno:

Let me give you a hypothetical.

What if you take out a loan to go to school, get your degree two thirds of the way down, get a nearly terminal disease that disables you for life, prevents you from finishing said degree or working, then BAM, you are stuck with debt for the rest of you life, with no option of declaring bankruptcy.

Seems we have a system of rules, regulations, and laws that are tilted in favor of the financiers of society.

Just a thought. :eusa_think:

. . my only question is why the elites are allowed to declare bankruptcy, but the poor and middle class aren't?

What if you take out a loan to go to school, get your degree two thirds of the way down, get a nearly terminal disease that disables you for life, prevents you from finishing said degree or working, then BAM, you are stuck with debt for the rest of you life, with no option of declaring bankruptcy.

Seems we have a system of rules, regulations, and laws that are tilted in favor of the financiers of society.

It's true, the poor and the middle class cannot discharge student loan debt in bankruptcy.
It's also true that the rich can't either.

No tilt there.

It's true, the poor and the middle class cannot discharge student loan debt in bankruptcy.
It's also true that the rich can't either.

No tilt there.

I've never heard of the wealthy needing student loans, only business loans.

Strange that.

Forum List

Back