Electric Vehicle sales are sucking!!!

Meanwhile, Tesla is one of the most successful start-up car companies in recent United States history, and sells only electric vehicles. In it's category, the Model S has surpassed the market shares Mercedes, Audi, and BMW's flagship cars. Batteries are becoming cheaper, vehicle range is expanding, and Tesla has a massive international network of charging stations that it is continually expanding. The largest manufacturing project in Nevada since the Hoover Dam is for the purpose of producing more and cheaper electric cars. Additionally, pure-electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids saw significant gains in sales. Only electric cars that also use gasoline saw declines.

Only a fool would judge the market as declining.

I wish Tesla well.

If they produce a product that offers value-for-money they may survive. There are many niche markets that make good money. But if they go for volume over quality?

Maybe not so much.

Maybe, with government funding, Solyndra II.

Let's hope they can avoid that trap.

Electric vehicle sales are running out of gas - LA Times

Said a few years back that nobody would care about EV's. As usual, I'm right!!

Americans dont want these stoopid cars......and the sales numbers cearly show it!!

:boobies::fu:

As always, the AGW k00ks will say, "Well......wait until tomorrow......". Thats always their gay fallback on stuff like this but it never pans out!!! The myths MUST be perpetuated.

Bottom line?

Electric vehicles are a joke.
Tesla Model S Voted Best Overall Vehicle By Consumer Reports

I wish Tesla well.

If they produce a product that offers value-for-money they may survive. There are many niche markets that make good money. But if they go for volume over quality?

Maybe not so much.

Maybe, with government funding, Solyndra II.

Let's hope they can avoid that trap.
Someone who drives a Tesla will have absolutely no fuel costs. If they use Tesla's supercharger stations, they won't even have to pay for charging the car (using Tesla's stations is free). Thus, in terms of the monetary costs of driving, a Tesla will always beat out a comparably-priced gasoline car.

Tesla is also working on building a gigantic factory in Nevada to produce cheaper batteries, and plans to sell an all-electric car in the more mainstream range of $30-40K. A household in 2011 spent an average of $368 per month on gas. Based on this auto-loan calculator, the monthly payments for a $40K car over 10 years come out to $332 per month. A $40K Tesla car would cost less over 10 years than simply paying for monthly gas for one's existing car. It would literally pay for itself. One Tesla is able to produce and sell a car in that price range, there will be some major shifts in the market.

And this other fella who prefers to spend his day nattily attired in pajamas has invented a perpetual motion machine that requires no fuel at all. None. Never. He (sly devil) proposes to provide free charging - devices with a sort of pad you park your PMV on for an hour with lots of dials that spin showing how much free energy you collected. Dials powered by gerbils.

Free power?

Gimme a break.

It'll last about as long as did free meals on airlines. At best.

And this other fella who prefers to spend his day nattily attired in pajamas has invented a perpetual motion machine that requires no fuel at all. None. Never. He (sly devil) proposes to provide free charging - devices with a sort of pad you park your PMV on for an hour with lots of dials that spin showing how much free energy you collected. Dials powered by gerbils.

Free power?

Gimme a break.

It'll last about as long as did free meals on airlines. At best.
If you own a Tesla, you can charge at Tesla supercharger stations for free. And you can get an 80% charge in 30 minutes.

If you own a Tesla, you can charge at Tesla supercharger stations for free. And you can get an 80% charge in 30 minutes.

For now, yes.

Remember, Gillette used to give away free razor blades to those who bought their expensive razors. Then they changed the marketing model and the razors got real cheap but the blades that were patented became almighty expensive. Ever wonder why they keep coming up with new razor designs about the time the patents run out on the older ones?

For now, yes.

Remember, Gillette used to give away free razor blades to those who bought their expensive razors. Then they changed the marketing model and the razors got real cheap but the blades that were patented became almighty expensive. Ever wonder why they keep coming up with new razor designs about the time the patents run out on the older ones?
Anyone who currently owns gets free charging for the life of that car. And I don't see Tesla changing the policy for it's new cars anytime soon.

Fact remains, it's still free, and my above analysis remains accurate.

And may you long enjoy it.

You do, of course, own outright one of those Tesla cars being so knowledgeable about free stuff. Got an Obamaphone, too?
Sadly no. I can't afford a Tesla. I do very much look forward to owning the more affordable Tesla Model III. As to my phone, I've got a Samsung Galaxy S3. Bought it at Target for my 2-year upgrade. Knowledge about the electric car market and Tesla comes from reading and paying attention. Something I wish more people would take the time to do ;)

But let's not get distracted. Everything I said is still true, and the OP of this thread is misleading.

Fact remains, it's still free, and my above analysis remains accurate.

s0n.....take another hit!!!:cheers2:

The thread effectively ended at post #71, posted up by me of course.!!

Perhaps you missed that you got pwned??????:up:

Why are electric vehicle sales slowing down 89.3 KPCC

The highlight >>>>

"That bucks the overall trend for car sales, which are up 5 percent this year, But it’s the inverse for electric car sales, which are off 4.8 percent, according to a new analysis from the car-buying website Edmunds.com."

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/gigantor11.gif.html][/URL]

LAUGH.......MY........BALLS.........OFF

Base price for this Tesla 3 is 35K.......puts it in the mid-range Honda ( supreme reliability ) or low end Lexus ( luxury ) and is more expensive than the soon-to-be released next generation Mustang ( stoopid levels of performance ).

A Look At Tesla s Cheapest Car The Model 3

Thing looks like a Mazda 6.:lame2:

Hmmm.......which would you rather have??!!!:funnyface::funnyface::funnyface::fu:

Bottom line is.....and all sales indicators display clearly.......Americans don't like gay EV's. They like big-ass trucks, fast cars and supreme reliability.

The AGW bozo's are all giddy about the hybrid/EV segment owning 3% of the market.

Well......I guess.......:gives:

I'd rather have a Tesla. A household in 2011 spent an average of $368 per month on gas. Based on this auto-loan calculator, the monthly payments for a $40K car over 10 years come out to $332 per month. A $40K Tesla car would cost less over 10 years than simply paying for monthly gas for one's existing car. It would literally pay for itself. And considering gas prices will likely rise, it will way pay for itself.

Even the best of batteries have a defined life expectancy. Someday it might be as long as 10 years.

Someday.

Maybe.

Until then an electric buyer whose head ain't jammed up his/her/its ass will be stuffing the old piggy bank for the inevitable.

Forum List

Back