Electric Vehicles...can you lose 34,000 dollars on every vehicle and still tell us they are a viable alternative?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep.....electric vehicles are crap.......and will continue to be crap for the foreseeable future....but the left wants to limit energy and transportation for the majority of the population, so they are pushing electric vehicles and using the force of the government to do it....

Any other commercial product that loses this much money would have forced a course correction for the company.....

And it’s increasingly clear that the only reason giant rent-seeking carmakers are so heavily invested in EV development is that government is promising to artificially limit the production of gas-powered cars.
-----
In today’s real-world economy, though, Ford announced this week that it was firing at least 1,000 employees — many of them white-collar workers on the EV side. Ford projects it’s going to lose $3 billion on electric vehicles in 2023, bringing its EV losses to $5.1 billion over two years. In 2021, Ford reportedly lost $34,000 on every EV it made. This year it was losing more than $58,000 on every EV. In a normal world, Ford would be dramatically scaling back EV production, not expanding it. Remember that next time we need to bail out Detroit.

Any new car you buy loses half its value the instant those wheels leave the dealer's parking lot.
Only one will have you being stranded even though you passed 6 gas stations,

because chargers are few and far between and getting a full charge can take up to 9 hours.

I doubt one can drive continuously for 9 hours on a full charge, either.

I could be wrong about that last one, let's see you prove it if I am.

Yep.....electric vehicles are crap.......and will continue to be crap for the foreseeable future....but the left wants to limit energy and transportation for the majority of the population, so they are pushing electric vehicles and using the force of the government to do it....

Any other commercial product that loses this much money would have forced a course correction for the company.....

And it’s increasingly clear that the only reason giant rent-seeking carmakers are so heavily invested in EV development is that government is promising to artificially limit the production of gas-powered cars.
-----
In today’s real-world economy, though, Ford announced this week that it was firing at least 1,000 employees — many of them white-collar workers on the EV side. Ford projects it’s going to lose $3 billion on electric vehicles in 2023, bringing its EV losses to $5.1 billion over two years. In 2021, Ford reportedly lost $34,000 on every EV it made. This year it was losing more than $58,000 on every EV. In a normal world, Ford would be dramatically scaling back EV production, not expanding it. Remember that next time we need to bail out Detroit.

All lies, all bullshit. From the Federalist, which isn't a news organization and has no incentive to ever tell the truth.

All lies, all bullshit. From the Federalist, which isn't a news organization and has no incentive to ever tell the truth.

You guys all pull that "it's a conservative site," crap.....when it is obvious the story links to the information...you asshole....

The main reason EVs make no sense is that batteries are too slow, limited capacity, expensive, and heavy.
So the obvious solution is EVs that work on hydrogen or some other quick, light, and cheap media, instead of batteries.
But even better would be something like bio diesel, that actually makes air better.

You guys all pull that "it's a conservative site," crap.....when it is obvious the story links to the information...you asshole....

Show me in that article where it states that Ford is losing $34,000 on every EV.

I'll wait . . . 🤣

Show me in that article where it states that Ford is losing $34,000 on every EV.

I'll wait . . . 🤣

Here....

Ford's EV sales grew a sizable 41% during the first quarter to 10,866 EVs, and its Model e segment lost $722 million in adjusted earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) during that same time frame. That essentially shows each vehicle that Ford's EV segment produces loses more than $66,000.

As a matter of fact, using wind, solar, nuclear, geothermal, etc., to may synthahol makes much more sense than batteries.
It is easy to make a synthetic fuel that then could be burned in an ICE engine, with less environmental impact than burning coal to make electricity like we do now.

I'll wait . . . 🤣

It is actually worse than that, since we currently are subsidizing EVs with tax credits, direct subsidies to the makers, and the fact we let them avoid paying any road repair taxes.
Currently gasoline tax is fixing all the roads the EVs use for free.

This morning I got up put gas in my truck and went to have breakfast... on my way to the gas station I pass a McDonalds and next to them there is a few charging stations... there were two EV's charging up... the drivers sitting in their cars reading while they waited... coming home from the breakfast house where I enjoyed eggs and bacon and hash browns and a biscuit with gravy I once again past by McDonalds and the same two cars were still waiting to charge up....
What is wrong with people today?.... I don't get it....

Here....

Ford's EV sales grew a sizable 41% during the first quarter to 10,866 EVs, and its Model e segment lost $722 million in adjusted earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) during that same time frame. That essentially shows each vehicle that Ford's EV segment produces loses more than $66,000.

You linked to a Fortune article, and now you are trying a bait and switch with another article from another non-news site.
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

And this latest link is claiming $66k loss per vehicle when you were stating a $34k loss per vehicle.
4i6Ckte.gif
Which is it?

You are clearly full of shit and easily led around by your nose.

Any new car you buy loses half its value the instant those wheels leave the dealer's parking lot.

At least they're repairable.
Once that battery dies you might as well trash the whole vehicle.
There are Model T's out there that still run.....You wont see any Teslas on the road once their batteries are shot.
Then you also have to dispose of the battery.
Electric cars are essentially throw away cars. And resell values are almost non existent.
Surely you've seen the video where grandpa buys his granddaughter an electric car,I believe it was a ford, and the battery took a crap a few months later.
That car is now useless because the battery costs more than the car itself.

Forum List

Back