Electric Vehicle sales are sucking!!!

Who cares, can someone go cross country yet?

Easily done.

Provided one has not just the money to buy one of those spendy toys but also enough left over for one Hell of an extension cord. No, not one long enough to run coast to coast - just from one FREE FUEL depot to the next. Should never be more than about 600 miles.

The sales numbers don't lie :dunno:
Um...yes. Seriously, where have you been?

Tesla Car Driven Across U.S. Using Free Supercharger Stations

You make all these arrogant remarks about how electric vehicles are sucking, but repeatedly demonstrate you have no clue what is actually going on in the market.

Easily done.

Provided one has not just the money to buy one of those spendy toys but also enough left over for one Hell of an extension cord. No, not one long enough to run coast to coast - just from one FREE FUEL depot to the next. Should never be more than about 600 miles.

Map of Tesla Supercharger network:
screen%20shot%202013-05-30%20at%201.27.44%20pm.png

Once again you prove to be ignorant. And by the way, Tesla vehicles have already been driven across country. Multiple times. Here is another example:

Tesla makes record-setting cross-country trip - Chicago Tribune

These folks made the trip in 76.5 hours. Not only that, they drove during the winter. "The Tesla route took them through a sandstorm in Utah, subzero temperatures in South Dakota, blizzards in Colorado, Wisconsin and Illinois, and general winter conditions in what has been considered one of the rougher winters in recent history."

I will say that solar power does have its place. In rural areas where the cost of having power lines strung is far greater than buying the solar panels, batteries, regulators, etc.

Wind power? Not so much unless you like climbing poles or towers to do your own repairs. And you WILL do a lot of repairs.

Solar panels belong on every rooftop. No power lines strung.

And wind turbines shouldn't require significantly more repairs than the turbogenerators in any other fluid driven power plant.

RE your sig

Not all Republicans are racists, but we all KNOW that more than 95 out of 100 racists are Republicans. The only disagreement those few KKK members that aren't card carrying Republicans have with the GOP is that they aren't far enough to the right. The Tea Party, of course, is doing everything they can to fix that.

Last edited:
meh

EV sales still sucking.

There is always a fringe market for everything.........solar power for example.:lame2:
Only if you ignore the fact that pure electric vehicle sales and plug-ins have actually increased, and that the Tesla Model S outsells longtime industry leaders such as Mercedes, Audi, and BMW.

And that major manufacturers are bringing out full-electric vehicles: BMW i3 and i8, Nissan Leaf, Nissan E-NV200, Chevy Volt, Tesla Model X, VW e-Up, VW e-Golf, Cadillac ELR, Kia Soul EV, Mercedes Benz B-Class Electric and Porsche Panamera S Plug-In Hybrid. Sounds like a completely dead technology, wouldn't you say?

Those electrics are great things.

They'll certainly drive the to keep a lot of coal fired power plants in operation - either that or people will get used to having electricity some of the time.

They'll certainly drive the to keep a lot of coal fired power plants in operation - either that or people will get used to having electricity some of the time.
I don't have a problem with coal fired power plants. Do you? And I'm talking about the economics of Tesla and EVs, not the levels of pollution (which are lower than gasoline powered cars anyway, so pretty moot point). Are you trying to change the topic?

My Tesla in Coronado derives ALL of it's electricity from the sun. No nasty coal needed. Just think, if you would have been smart enough to take advantage of solar when China was doing their subsidizing, your electric bill would be zero.

I will say that solar power does have its place. In rural areas where the cost of having power lines strung is far greater than buying the solar panels, batteries, regulators, etc.

Wind power? Not so much unless you like climbing poles or towers to do your own repairs. And you WILL do a lot of repairs.
In rural places, Solar is unsafe to pump water, better have a gas powered generator or you put yourself at risk and others.

My Tesla in Coronado derives ALL of it's electricity from the sun. No nasty coal needed. Just think, if you would have been smart enough to take advantage of solar when China was doing their subsidizing, your electric bill would be zero.

Hydrocarbons, Solar can not live without Hydrocarbons for the manufacture of all components related to Solar Power.
Hydrocarbons pump the water that one needs to clean the Solar Panels.
Hydrocarbons are used to replace the Solar Panels every 5 years.

Teslas require 230 volt 3 phase power, but 400 volt 3 phase is the recommendation. I would like a picture of that Solar Panel. How about the specs, name, and all that. Not as a challenge to the truthfulness of your post, but because it would be technically relevant and interesting.

meh

EV sales still sucking.

There is always a fringe market for everything.........solar power for example.:lame2:
Only if you ignore the fact that pure electric vehicle sales and plug-ins have actually increased, and that the Tesla Model S outsells longtime industry leaders such as Mercedes, Audi, and BMW.

Like I always say s0n.......the only important ? is ( and ALWAYS ignored by the far left ) "As compared to what?"

One will notice that use of vague BS terms like "increased" are always used by the left.

"Facts are stubborn things but statistics are pliable."~Mark Twain

I urge folks checking into this thread to go back over the last few pages. Notice something.....all of the "statistics" thrown out by the hard core left AGW folks are not at all compared to the overall car market. They are presented ALL BY THEMSELVES!!! Looks pretty impressive right??:2up:. Until they are stacked against the overall market........suddenly, they become laughable. The left pull the same crap when posting up statistics on solar power.......which accounts for exactly 0.2% of our energy. But the left puts up statistics that show it rising by 400%:banana::banana::banana:

EV's + all hybrids only make up for 3% of the motor vehicle market!!! ( and EV's are only a very small % of that ):coffee:

:fu::eusa_dance::fu::eusa_dance::fu::eusa_dance::fu:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back