Electric Vehicle sales are sucking!!!

Fifty years from now they'll be laughing at us and our gasoline powered cars.
Dude, even the Jetsons had gas powered cars and they were at least 50 years in the future. So I'll take the Jetsons' car and watch everyone laugh.

Electric vehicle sales are running out of gas - LA Times

Said a few years back that nobody would care about EV's. As usual, I'm right!!

Americans dont want these stoopid cars......and the sales numbers cearly show it!!

:boobies::fu:

As always, the AGW k00ks will say, "Well......wait until tomorrow......". Thats always their gay fallback on stuff like this but it never pans out!!! The myths MUST be perpetuated.

Bottom line?

Electric vehicles are a joke.
Sigh. Let's look at the facts:

"Caldwell’s research showed substantial gains in the pure EV and plug-in hybrid segments -- 35% and 44%, respectively."

Electrified car sales stall as buyers back away from hybrids - LA Times

The reason you see an overall slowdown is because electric vehicles are more expensive or downright ugly. Until their cost is brought down, the typical car consumer is not going to buy them. That says nothing about the merits of electrical vehicles and their prevalence going forward. Cars were sparsely used until the Model T. Electric vehicles will soon have their Model T moment.

Any growth of green related products ALWAYS look good when measured against themselves!!! It is a typical ploy of the far left assholes to do this......display growth or a product in its own fringe market segment. They do this all the time with solar power statistics. Looks impressive...........until it is put into context:up:.......and you see that solar power accounts for just 0.2% of US energy!!! A joke.

Same with electric cars/hybrids........3% of total car sales!!! A joke......and sales actually fell this past year.:rock::rock::tomato:

Any time a lefty starts throwing out statistics...........radar up sons!!!:woohoo::woohoo::poke:
Sigh. Another partisan hack. I'm not a lefty, and your appeal to left-right politics is simplistic and unintelligent. The reality is that BEVs have been expanding sales each year. They have only truly existed on the market for a few years, so of course they will have a low market share.

As I said before, the reason you see an overall slowdown is because electric vehicles are more expensive or downright ugly. Until their cost is brought down, the typical car consumer is not going to buy them. That says nothing about the merits of electrical vehicles and their prevalence going forward. Cars were sparsely used until the Model T. Electric vehicles will soon have their Model T moment. Tesla is quite likely to provide that, and is making strides in innovation. Are you familiar with the Tesla Supercharger network? The range Tesla cars can get? The plans Tesla has for mass production of a lower-end consumer car?

The reality is that electric cars are growing more and more economically preferable each year. The thought of never having to pay for gas is a huge advantage, and less pollution is simply another plus.
where are your stats that prove your post?
Ironic you ask that question, because the stats are explicitly linked to in the very thread of comments you quoted. To once again reiterate:

"Caldwell’s research showed substantial gains in the pure EV and plug-in hybrid segments -- 35% and 44%, respectively."

Just follow the link in the above quote thread to get to the site.

As to the stats about Tesla: unless you have been living under a rock, they should be something you are aware of. Otherwise, you have no business talking about the current EV market.

bump for laughable factor

Speaking of laughable. It says hybrid sales are down. Electric sales are up. Did you really think you could change the article title and no one would notice?

Who cares..........still a fringe market all the way. Only bubble dwellers go for these cars......in America, people want cars that are big and bad.......not faggy little 2 door SPECKS.

s0n.....you're like the guy playing on the team that is down 53-0, get a lucky bounce, go into the end zone and spike the ball and do a dance making the score 53-7.:2up:
No I am just the guy who pointed out the fact you lied.

bump for laughable factor

Speaking of laughable. It says hybrid sales are down. Electric sales are up. Did you really think you could change the article title and no one would notice?

Who cares..........still a fringe market all the way. Only bubble dwellers go for these cars......in America, people want cars that are big and bad.......not faggy little 2 door SPECKS.

s0n.....you're like the guy playing on the team that is down 53-0, get a lucky bounce, go into the end zone and spike the ball and do a dance making the score 53-7.:2up:
No I am just the guy who pointed out the fact you lied.

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Sleeping-Man.jpg.html][/URL]

sales still sucking...........

Americans dont want these stoopid cars......and the sales numbers cearly show it!!

As always, the AGW k00ks will say, "Well......wait until tomorrow......". Thats always their gay fallback on stuff like this but it never pans out!!! The myths MUST be perpetuated.

Bottom line?

The reason you see an overall slowdown is because electric vehicles are more expensive or downright ugly. Until their cost is brought down, the typical car consumer is not going to buy them. That says nothing about the merits of electrical vehicles and their prevalence going forward. Cars were sparsely used until the Model T. Electric vehicles will soon have their Model T moment.

Any growth of green related products ALWAYS look good when measured against themselves!!! It is a typical ploy of the far left assholes to do this......display growth or a product in its own fringe market segment. They do this all the time with solar power statistics. Looks impressive...........until it is put into context:up:.......and you see that solar power accounts for just 0.2% of US energy!!! A joke.

Same with electric cars/hybrids........3% of total car sales!!! A joke......and sales actually fell this past year.:rock::rock::tomato:

Any time a lefty starts throwing out statistics...........radar up sons!!!:woohoo::woohoo::poke:
Sigh. Another partisan hack. I'm not a lefty, and your appeal to left-right politics is simplistic and unintelligent. The reality is that BEVs have been expanding sales each year. They have only truly existed on the market for a few years, so of course they will have a low market share.

As I said before, the reason you see an overall slowdown is because electric vehicles are more expensive or downright ugly. Until their cost is brought down, the typical car consumer is not going to buy them. That says nothing about the merits of electrical vehicles and their prevalence going forward. Cars were sparsely used until the Model T. Electric vehicles will soon have their Model T moment. Tesla is quite likely to provide that, and is making strides in innovation. Are you familiar with the Tesla Supercharger network? The range Tesla cars can get? The plans Tesla has for mass production of a lower-end consumer car?

The reality is that electric cars are growing more and more economically preferable each year. The thought of never having to pay for gas is a huge advantage, and less pollution is simply another plus.
Ironic you ask that question, because the stats are explicitly linked to in the very thread of comments you quoted. To once again reiterate:

As to the stats about Tesla: unless you have been living under a rock, they should be something you are aware of. Otherwise, you have no business talking about the current EV market.
maybe you should learn to read. I posted the Tesla data. Show your data that states the market share of EV vehicles against the gas powered bullies. I asked and you still haven't provided it. I give you one response and then I'll repost the ones I already gave for little ole Tesla. 20,000 cars were built in 2013, how many were actually sold? You got those numbers?

Tesla Rises After Model S Sales in 2013 Exceed Forecast - Bloomberg

Sales of the battery-powered vehicle, priced from about $70,000, totaled at least 22,450 last year, based on figures previously released by Palo Alto, California-based Tesla. The company had said it aimed to sell 21,500. Revenue for the fourth quarter will exceed forecasts by 20 percent, Tesla said separately in a statement.

So, Tesla sold 22,450 vehicles in 2013, not the 21,500 it had predicted. You see, buddy boys, the web is your freind, or enemy, depending on whether you choose to tell the truth or to lie.

Bottom line?

maybe you should learn to read. I posted the Tesla data. Show your data that states the market share of EV vehicles against the gas powered bullies. I asked and you still haven't provided it. I give you one response and then I'll repost the ones I already gave for little ole Tesla. 20,000 cars were built in 2013, how many were actually sold? You got those numbers?
I'm not making any claims about the market share of EV vehicles against gas powered cars. I am responding to the OP, which says electric vehicle sales are sucking. They are not. Hybrid vehicle sales are down, but pure EV sales are up 35%, and plug-in hybrids are up 44%. Therefore, the post is simply wrong.

But I will bite on your silly market share argument. The Tesla Model S is a luxury vehicle and is marketed as such. That is the category it falls into, and that is the category in which we should compare Tesla's market share. The results?

Tesla's 8.4% market share beats Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, and Mercedes S Class.

For a new company to disrupt the market like that is quite amazing, especially with such well-trusted brand names like Audi, BMW, and Mercedes.

When Tesla begins selling cars at a lower price, in other categories, you can bet that it will chip away at the market share of other gas powered cars.

Tesla Rises as Musk Sets Faster Production Pace for 2015 - Bloomberg

Quarterly unit sales for the youngest publicly held U.S. carmaker rose to a best-ever 7,579 as it began deliveries toChina. That matched the average of nine analysts’ estimates compiled by Bloomberg.

Excluding some costs, earnings were 11 cents a share in the quarter, the Palo Alto, California-based company said yesterday in a statement on its website. The average estimate compiled by Bloomberg was 4 cents. Tesla plans to be able to build 100,000 vehicles annually by the end of next year.

Right now, availability of batteries is the chief factor holding back even more production. However, by building his own factory, Elon Musk will change that factor. And, given his past performance, may have a battery that is less costly, with a higher storage capacity. That would make Shackled Nation's EV Model T a reality.

In this forum, statistics are thrown about wildly.......most not put into any kind of context!! Any statistics can be displayed to make something look good.

"That bucks the overall trend for car sales, which are up 5 percent this year, But it’s the inverse for electric car sales, which are off 4.8 percent, according to a new analysis from the car-buying website Edmunds.com."

"All-electric and plug-in cars have been selling well, up 34.9 percent and 44.3 percent this year, respectively. But those kinds of vehicles only make up a fraction of the overall electric market, which is dominated by traditional hybrids, which Caldwell says has become oversaturated."

Why are electric vehicle sales slowing down 89.3 KPCC

still sucking...........:eusa_dance:

I've seen interviews with people that have owned and driven Chevy Volts for months and have yet to buy ANY gasoline for their cars. And for those with Leafs and Teslas and the number of full electrics coming up, that will always be the case. Power is a hell of a lot cheaper at the plug than at the pump. It uses less fuel and produces less carbon emissions to do so as well.

All-electric and plug-in hybrid cars have been selling well, up 34.9 and 44.3%. Tesla (all-electric, by the way), which sells luxury all-electric cars (the Models) currently has an 8.4% market share of the luxury market, higher than the Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, and the Mercedes S class.

The overall electric vehicle market is down simply because one type of electric vehicle, non-plug-in hybrids (the least electric, mind you) is dragging the whole market down. Yet the rest of the market is doing better, and Tesla, a new player, is eating up the market shares of companies that have been around for decades.

The future of electric cars looks bright. One of the largest manufacturing projects in the United States is the Tesla Gigafactory, which will produce batteries for...electric cars. This will bring the price down, one of the major barriers to cheaper electric cars. Tesla also already has a massive network of supercharger stations across North America, Europe, and Asia, and will cover nearly 100% of the U.S. by the end of this year. These stations can charge Tesla's to an 80% charge in 30 minutes, 16 times faster than anything before it. Tesla cars also have a range of over 200 miles, another milestone.

Over the next few years and the next decade, Tesla will grow its supercharger infrastructure and ramp of the production of cheaper electric cars targeted at the mass market. Battery prices will decline, but battery ranges will increase. Advances are coming at a very fast pace.

Only a fool would say electric cars are sucking with all the data in mind.

Pity Obama can't legitimately have a third term or Americans of the right party affiliation would be getting free Teslas with hopey/changey tin logos front and, especially, rear.

Well, if you are too stupid to contribute anything intelligent on the subject, denigrate the President. Good ol' 'Conservative rule.

All-electric and plug-in hybrid cars have been selling well, up 34.9 and 44.3%. Tesla (all-electric, by the way), which sells luxury all-electric cars (the Models) currently has an 8.4% market share of the luxury market, higher than the Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, and the Mercedes S class.

The overall electric vehicle market is down simply because one type of electric vehicle, non-plug-in hybrids (the least electric, mind you) is dragging the whole market down. Yet the rest of the market is doing better, and Tesla, a new player, is eating up the market shares of companies that have been around for decades.

The future of electric cars looks bright. One of the largest manufacturing projects in the United States is the Tesla Gigafactory, which will produce batteries for...electric cars. This will bring the price down, one of the major barriers to cheaper electric cars. Tesla also already has a massive network of supercharger stations across North America, Europe, and Asia, and will cover nearly 100% of the U.S. by the end of this year. These stations can charge Tesla's to an 80% charge in 30 minutes, 16 times faster than anything before it. Tesla cars also have a range of over 200 miles, another milestone.

Over the next few years and the next decade, Tesla will grow its supercharger infrastructure and ramp of the production of cheaper electric cars targeted at the mass market. Battery prices will decline, but battery ranges will increase. Advances are coming at a very fast pace.

"Tesla (all-electric, by the way), which sells luxury all-electric cars (the Models) currently has an 8.4% market share of the luxury market, higher than the Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, and the Mercedes S class."

Sooo... Tesla is a fashion statement for the 1%ers.

Typical.

"Tesla (all-electric, by the way), which sells luxury all-electric cars (the Models) currently has an 8.4% market share of the luxury market, higher than the Audi A8, BMW 7 Series, and the Mercedes S class."

Sooo... Tesla is a fashion statement for the 1%ers.

Typical.
No more a fashion statement than Ford was when it began. The fact remains your initial claims have been totally destroyed, and you have nothing left of substance.

Forum List

Back