Electric Vehicles...can you lose 34,000 dollars on every vehicle and still tell us they are a viable alternative?

That doesn't affect the company building the car.
I think it does. It would affect the customer's perception of the value of their product. That's one of the reasons that a Mercedes can sell for so much more than, say, a Fiat: much higher resale value.

I think it does. It would affect the customer's perception of the value of their product. That's one of the reasons that a Mercedes can sell for so much more than, say, a Fiat: much higher resale value.
Perception, yes, but bottom line is that the maker gets paid for the car when it leaves the factory.

Only one will have you being stranded even though you passed 6 gas stations,

because chargers are few and far between and getting a full charge can take up to 9 hours.

I doubt one can drive continuously for 9 hours on a full charge, either.

I could be wrong about that last one, let's see you prove it if I am.
Just imagine what will happen in a major evaluation when a hurricane threatens a big city in Florida. Imagine 3/4 of the cars in the photos below are electric.

Nearly six million people were ordered to leave their homes in Florida ahead of Hurricane Irma in what is being called the biggest evacuation in history. It created scenes looking ‘apocalyptic’.

The mass evacuation led to huge traffic jams with millions stuck in traffic along Florida’s northbound highways as Hurricane Irma’s devastating winds headed directly towards the state.

The super-storm hurricane, which grew to be larger than the State of Florida, had a late shift in its projected path to go north up the west coast instead of the previously thought east coast, meaning that even more cities and towns previously considered safe were now under threat.

Beaches and city streets became deserted while all the highways out north became jam-packed.

1694600181521.jpeg

1694600225981.jpeg

Just imagine what will happen in a major evaluation when a hurricane threatens a big city in Florida. Imagine 3/4 of the cars in the photos below are electric.

Nearly six million people were ordered to leave their homes in Florida ahead of Hurricane Irma in what is being called the biggest evacuation in history. It created scenes looking ‘apocalyptic’.

The mass evacuation led to huge traffic jams with millions stuck in traffic along Florida’s northbound highways as Hurricane Irma’s devastating winds headed directly towards the state.

The super-storm hurricane, which grew to be larger than the State of Florida, had a late shift in its projected path to go north up the west coast instead of the previously thought east coast, meaning that even more cities and towns previously considered safe were now under threat.

Beaches and city streets became deserted while all the highways out north became jam-packed.

View attachment 828735
View attachment 828737
The fact that EV's can't replace gas cars 1 for 1, is clicking into American heads!

They're definitely at the denial point of there being any need.

The next point comes when their houses head down river.

Forum List

Back