Egypt's Baradei Under House Arrest

Only a myopic left-wing martinet would pretend that there are millions of Christians and Jews releasing subhuman savagery based on passages in their holy tomes.

There are 7 million Jews in Israel who run the worlds largest open air prison camp called Gaza.

Which is dedicated to the starvation, torture, murder, and total genocide of the Palestinian people. :evil:

Not a bit of that post is true.
What part is not true?

There are 7 million jews in Israel.

Gaza has a wall built around it to keep the people inside from leaving just likke a prison.

Then food is doled out when their Zionist guards allow it to be delivered.

And the IDF bombs them at their pleasure.

So again, what part isn't true?? :confused:

There are 7 million Jews in Israel who run the worlds largest open air prison camp called Gaza.

Which is dedicated to the starvation, torture, murder, and total genocide of the Palestinian people. :evil:

What part is not true?

Gaza has a wall built around it to keep the people inside from leaving just likke a prison.

everything after the 7 million Jews is a lie

Mubarak should just resign. :dunno:

He should but won't.

Mubarak was a policeman turned strongman. Doubtful he will simply resign. He will have to be pushed out with either great strength or great death.

Then, after all is complete, he will leave, not resign. But will he leave? Not sure yet.

Mubarak should just resign. :dunno:

He should but won't.

Mubarak was a policeman turned strongman. Doubtful he will simply resign. He will have to be pushed out with either great strength or great death.

Then, after all is complete, he will leave, not resign. But will he leave? Not sure yet.
the thing is, what will replace him?

This is the major problem I see as well and the reason for this thread. El Baradei. He's got a lot going for him considering the arena.
Mubarak is a policeman. He will allow Egypt to fall to anarchy with looting, murdering, etc.

Then he will call in the Army. He will not call the Army in until it is to quell those anarchists and looters, etc. He will not call the Army in to deal with peaceful protesters.

That's why he waits.

Inmates from their jails are being released. Looting increases.

Update:

Another thousand inmates escaped from institutional lock down.

[Update 1:50 a.m. Cairo, 6:50 p.m. ET] - Roughly 1,000 prisoners have escaped from Prison Demu in Fayoum, southwest of Cairo, state-run Nile TV reported early Sunday. The inmates are "on the streets causing chaos and families are scared," according to Nile TV.

Click

Inmates from their jails are being released. Looting increases.

This is the problem.. The radicals love chaos. Lets hope that the military can keep this under control so that a true secular democracy can come out of this situation. Egypt has a lot of potential as long as the radicals do not seize power.

Last edited:

What part is not true?

That's an easy one, Sunni...

by your logic Mexico is the same sort of prison...

and if Mexican folks were lobbing bombs into Texas or Arkansas, I'd hope we had a government that would " bombs them at their pleasure."

Outside of Jewish folks, you usually have a more Manichean view of the world...yet here you are engaging in this obloquy because you will not admit to the obstinate violence of the Palestinian arabs.

I would hope, Sunni, that you can find the strength to incorporate the philosophy of the great 16th President, who said

"Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong."

Outside of Jewish folks, you usually have a more Manichean view of the world...yet here you are engaging in this obloquy because you will not admit to the obstinate violence of the Palestinian arabs.

Thats were you and many of the people on this board are wrong when it comes to Sunni-man. He plays his little games so as to appear to be someting he is not, but thanks to Ropey and a few others here he has been exposed for who he truly is he can't hide anymore like he used to. Of course he still has his little croney allies but he has been exposed. :cool:

From Juan Cole's Informed Comment:

"Why has the Egyptian state lost its legitimacy?

"Max Weber distinguished between power and authority. Power flows from the barrel of a gun, and the Egyptian state still has plenty of those.

"But Weber defines authority as the likelihood that a command will be obeyed. Leaders who have authority do not have to shoot people...

"Authority is rooted in legitimacy.

"Leaders are acknowledged because the people agree that there is some legitimate basis for their authority and power. In democratic countries, that legitimacy comes from the ballot box.

"In Egypt, it derived 1952-1970 from the leading role of the Egyptian military and security forces in freeing Egypt from Western hegemony.

"That struggle included grappling with Britain to gain control over the Suez Canal (originally built by the Egyptian government and opened in 1869, but bought for a song by the British in 1875 when sharp Western banking practices brought the indebted Egyptian government to the brink of bankruptcy).

"It also involved fending off aggressive Israeli attempts to occupy the Sinai Peninsula and to assert Israeli interests in the Suez Canal.

"Revolutionary Arab nationalist leader Gamal Abdel Nasser (d. 1970) conducted extensive land reform, breaking up the huge Central America-style haciendas and creating a rural middle class.

"Leonard Binder argued in the late 1960s that that rural middle class was the backbone of the regime.

"Abdul Nasser’s state-led industrialization also created a new class of urban contractors who benefited from the building works commissioned by the government."

Ever notice how "sharp Western banking practices" are still killing innocent Arabs for money?

Obama has.

1. None but the uneducated would refer to Alexis de Tocqueville as 'some historian.'

2. Based on that evinced lacunae, I'm going to assume that you know as much about the Koran, as about Tocqueville.
So here is a lesson on same:

Americans have very little understanding about Islam. The religious and political aspects are contained in the Koran, organized into Sura, which is not organized numerically, but rather with the longest first, and the shortest toward the end. The believer is required to look at the ones written after Muhammad went to Medina, in 622 ad, for guidance.: these later sura rule over the earlier ones. This is know as the theory of abrogation. The suras that entail supremacy include:

a. "fight and slay the pagans (or infidels or unbelievers) wherever you find them?" (9:5).
b. Verse 29 of chapter 9 of the Qur’an mandates that the Muslims fight against the Jews and Christians “until they pay the jizya [poll tax] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”

c. Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

These sura are the most radical and violent. Nor are they subject to interpretation:

d. The words of the Lord are perfect in truth and justice;
there is NONE who can change His words.
He both heareth and knoweth.
-- Sura 6:115 None can change the words of God;
-- Sura 6:34

e. There is no changing the words of God;
that is the mighty triumph.
-- Sura 10:64

f. And recite what has been revealed to you of the Book of your Lord,
there is none who can alter His words;
and you shall not find any refuge besides Him.
-- Sura 18:27

And the Koran explains why the later sura supersede the prior:

g. And for whatever verse we abrogate and cast into oblivion
We bring a better or the like of it;
knowest thou not that God is powerful over everything?
-- Sura 2:106

h. And when We exchange a verse in place of another verse --
and God knows very well what He is sending down --
they say, 'Thou art a mere forger!'
Nay, but the most of them have no knowledge.
-- Sura 16:101

Wherein do you see a belief in a constitutional democracy?

Hillsdale’s Kirby Center sponsored a lecture by Brian Kennedy, President of Claremont Institute, and Ballistic Missile Defense Project Director. The above reference to the Koran are from that lecture.

3. "Take a look at the similaries between the two religions, explained side-by-side"
How about you take a look at this, and open your eyes:

From "The Farhud," by Edwin Black:
Jews had lived in Iraq for some 2600 years, but the origin of this mass Muslim movement was in 627. At that time, Mohammed, defending Medina, judged the Jewish tribe to be guilty of aiding the Meccan attackers, and oversaw such acts as the beheading of 900 captives of the Banu Qurayzah tribe, he watched the bodies thrown into a pit.

(… in his 1895 biography of Muhammad ("Mahomet and Islam", London, 1895, p. 151), which relied entirely on the original Muslim sources, the scholar Sir William Muir observed:
"The massacre of the Banu Coreiza was a barbarous deed which cannot be justified by any reason of political necessity the indiscriminate slaughter of the whole tribe cannot be recognized otherwise than as an act of monstrous cruelty?")
The Legacy of Jihad [Andrew G. Bostom] - Muhammad, the Qurayza Massacre, and PBS

The point to be gleaned from the above two notes? The extermination of the Jews of Medina represents the iconic moment in Islam, just as the Sermon on the Mount is the iconic moment of Christianity, or the parting of the Red Sea is for the Jews.

How's that for the "similaries between the two religions, explained side-by-side."

:clap2:

Now find some similar words in The Bible. Come on! You can do it!

"A new Gallup poll is being touted as a “challenge” to western misperceptions of Islam. The survey was done on three continents and took six years to complete, and as the French news agency AFP reports, we’ve all been a little alarmist over here: “About 93 percent of the world’s 1.3 billion Muslims are moderates and only seven percent are politically radical, according to the poll, based on more than 50,000 interviews.”

Seven percent of 1.3 billion leaves us with . . . 91 million radical Islamists."
Commentary Blog Archive Muslim Survey “Challenges” West

Only a myopic left-wing martinet would pretend that there are millions of Christians and Jews releasing subhuman savagery based on passages in their holy tomes.

I wonder if there is consideration given in those numbers to the number of under-25 Muslims who have been recruited because of their youthful vulnerability. My point remains that the longer other peoples of the world condemn Islam in general, it works as a tool for the radical movement. Don't we, as Americans, condemn foreigners who loudly proclaim their hatred of the "greedy" Americans? What if we heard that hammered at us day in and day out? We're not ALL bad, we would say...

What part is not true?

That's an easy one, Sunni...

by your logic Mexico is the same sort of prison...

and if Mexican folks were lobbing bombs into Texas or Arkansas, I'd hope we had a government that would " bombs them at their pleasure."

I would hope, Sunni, that you can find the strength to incorporate the philosophy of the great 16th President, who said

"Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong."

"Right" meaning "correct." I would hope you too take that message to heart, because I know you love to be considered the foremost expert on everything, you are NOT always "right."

Thats were you and many of the people on this board are wrong when it comes to Sunni-man. He plays his little games so as to appear to be someting he is not, but thanks to Ropey and a few others here he has been exposed for who he truly is he can't hide anymore like he used to. Of course he still has his little croney allies but he has been exposed. :cool:

Well the handle "Sunni Man" should have been your first clue. Look, boys and girls, we're not going to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on this message board. In my opinion, both sides have legitimate claims which can be debated ad nauseam. The only ones who will resolve their differences is them. I wish the US would stop trying to "broker" peace and just hand it over. I sometimes wonder how quickly peace would occur if outside political influences suddenly disappeared.

:clap2:

Now find some similar words in The Bible. Come on! You can do it!

"A new Gallup poll is being touted as a “challenge” to western misperceptions of Islam. The survey was done on three continents and took six years to complete, and as the French news agency AFP reports, we’ve all been a little alarmist over here: “About 93 percent of the world’s 1.3 billion Muslims are moderates and only seven percent are politically radical, according to the poll, based on more than 50,000 interviews.”

Seven percent of 1.3 billion leaves us with . . . 91 million radical Islamists."

I wonder if there is consideration given in those numbers to the number of under-25 Muslims who have been recruited because of their youthful vulnerability. My point remains that the longer other peoples of the world condemn Islam in general, it works as a tool for the radical movement. Don't we, as Americans, condemn foreigners who loudly proclaim their hatred of the "greedy" Americans? What if we heard that hammered at us day in and day out? We're not ALL bad, we would say...

What a weasely way to try to save face...to now claim, 'well, yes, you can show that there are millions of Moslems who support barbaric behavior, but it's the fault of all you who point out the behavior."

"...consideration given in those numbers to the number of under-25 Muslims who have been recruited because of their youthful vulnerability."
The sentence and the notion are both sophomoric at best....as though other groups don't have 'under-25' youth...

and somehow being Muslim makes one 'vulnerable' to felonious behavior.
I suppose you are ignorant of how anti-Islam your point is...

"My point remains that the longer other peoples of the world condemn Islam in general, it works as a tool for the radical movement."

So, pointing out the evil is the cause of the evil???
At best this is senseless blather, at worst, another attempt by the left to silence those with whom you disagree.

Poorly thought out, poorly constructed, and hugely wrong.

Let me say this, I have found Sunni to be consistently correct in his view of social mores in this country, and on the right side of issues when it comes to dealing with individuals...except for Jewish people.

In that arena, he is never objective, nor will he allow himself to step back and see the Middle East situation without prejudice.

By the same token I can fully understand how folks on the other side would be incensed by his words.

So, I cannot see the verisimilitude of your statement "He plays his little games so as to appear to be someting he is not."

With Sunni, what you see is what you get.

What a weasely way to try to save face...to now claim, 'well, yes, you can show that there are millions of Moslems who support barbaric behavior, but it's the fault of all you who point out the behavior."

"...consideration given in those numbers to the number of under-25 Muslims who have been recruited because of their youthful vulnerability."
The sentence and the notion are both sophomoric at best....as though other groups don't have 'under-25' youth...
and somehow being Muslim makes one 'vulnerable' to felonious behavior.
I suppose you are ignorant of how anti-Islam your point is...

"My point remains that the longer other peoples of the world condemn Islam in general, it works as a tool for the radical movement."

So, pointing out the evil is the cause of the evil???
At best this is senseless blather, at worst, another attempt by the left to silence those with whom you disagree.

Poorly thought out, poorly constructed, and hugely wrong.

So you think I just made that up?

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/...how_young_muslims_are_attracted_to_terrorism/
"Without having a proper understanding of Islam, even the more mature and balanced individual would have a hard time to argue against the extreme groups, so you can imagine how easy it is to engage with a young person," he said.

"Without the right support, our young people do not stand a chance."

Speaking at Blood for Blood's screening in the salubrious surroundings of the British Academy in Pall Mall, central London, on June 28, Mr Qadir said a second film showing ACF's methods of de-programming was being made, and both halves of the story would be shown together to Government, police and council representatives, and in schools, universities and mosques.

He added: "If we're going up against hard core extremists, then we need hardcore projects, with hardcore values and hardcore people.

"I sincerely believe this is our jihad."

The film was funded by Waltham Forest police. Borough commander, Mark Benbow, who shared the stage with Mr Qadir, said he supported the project because it showed how easy it was to be turned into terrorists....
First the recruiter makes friends with the youth, giving him a sense of brotherhood before preying on his lack of direction, Then he angers him with lurid tales of the suffering of his Muslim brothers and sisters, works on existing feelings of persecution and shames him into thinking he is a bad Muslim if he does not comply.

How do you think al-Qaeda was able to gain a foothold during the height of the Iraq war? They drew in thousands of young Sunnis who were suddenly the minority. How quickly we forget...

Last edited:
Let me say this, I have found Sunni to be consistently correct in his view of social mores in this country, and on the right side of issues when it comes to dealing with individuals...except for Jewish people.

Sunni Man calls for the world's homosexuals to be incarcerated and subjected to "intensive therapy" to cure them of this "Vile Affection".

He then further states that they should be permanently locked up if they reoffend (relations with their own gender).

In other words, removal of the homosexuals from the world. But he's consistently correct in his view of social mores in this country? Come on PC, do you really believe this?

I agree with Jroc. Sunni Man pretends to moderation in order to support his non moderate views.

Forum List

Back