Egypt cuts off all internet

See why Government's should not have the power to shut down the net?

It's no government.
Egypt is a classical dictatorship with the leader's legitimacy not coming from monarchy bloodline but by simple hi-jacking of the power by 1 man and securing this status by military and security forces.

Doesn't mean, that the other Arab monarchies are any better, but at least they have some legitimacy through the royal families, who had initially the backing of the population behind them through the Euphoria of becoming independent.

It's no government.
Egypt is a classical dictatorship with the leader's legitimacy not coming from monarchy bloodline but by simple hi-jacking of the power by 1 man and securing this status by military and security forces.

Doesn't mean, that the other Arab monarchies are any better, but at least they have some legitimacy through the royal families, who had initially the backing of the population behind them through the Euphoria of becoming independent.

:blahblah: Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Saturday afternoon be-headings is a much better alternative.

It's no government.

I'm aware of the political 'system' in Egypt and I agree that the others are equally crap..... and we don't want to be handing a kill switch to ours.... because they abuse power.

What do the Egyptians want? An Islamic theocracy or a democracy? Do you know? I'm genuinely curious.

The Egyptian people are sick of being ruled by a puppet dictator backed by US/Israel money and weapons. :evil:

So with a less than literacy rate of 60% they'll instead be the next Iran. Great call.

I'm aware of the political 'system' in Egypt and I agree that the others are equally crap..... and we don't want to be handing a kill switch to ours.... because they abuse power.

What do the Egyptians want? An Islamic theocracy or a democracy? Do you know? I'm genuinely curious.

The trend in the Islamic world is going in the direction of all-embracing Islam.
The general mood is being the loser of the current world-system with foreign powers waging wars in these lands.
In hopeless times, people always seek hope in religion.
Despite Mubaraks efforts to crack down on Muslim organizations, those organization are very good organized and alive.

El-Baradei or not, if Mubarak were to fall, the new regime would have a very strong emphasis on Muslim solidarity policy. If the regime were really to represent the will of the people.
In that case, it would be like a weaker and much more Islamic Turkey with 80 Million people, but immediate neighbor of Palestine and Israel.

All those Muslim organizations currently operate in an environment, were they are basically being regarded as a threat to the regime and therefore face several issues with the regime's judicial and security apparatus.

If that restrictions were to fall, NGO's and organization all with a Muslim sub-context would pop-out all over the place, 80 Million people.
At least, that's my view.

the muslim brotherhood has said they will now take to the streets too.

You can bet that Netanyahu and his cabinet have their minds very busy.

Suppose for a moment Mubarak falls. Will a western orientated gov. take its place Or a moderate Islamic gov. walking the line between both west and Islamic semi fundie or even fundie?

if there is a large sect of muslim brotherhood and salafists who have been penetrated by Wahhabist fundies in the gov.one can easily see the checkpoints and border security along the southern gaza perimeter becoming even more porous. And thats why Netanyahu's mind is busy.

for 30 years Mubarak has kept the negotiated peace with Israel after the Yom Kippur war ( he took over after sadat was assassinated in 81).

If a militant faction takes hold in Egypt and now, with Hezbollah having basically wrested control of Lebanon for all practical purposes for themselves, they will have to start thinking with a whole new strategic overview,their chessboard is scrambled, they have to consider a comparable heavily armed opponent/threat ( Gaza/Hamas) in the south as they face in the north.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back