Egyptian Cleric: Islam Permits Beating Your Wife If She Refuses Sex

You know, when Freeman or TJ Finmore do this, you are correctly on their cases.

We have one jerk making one jerky opinion. We can't paint all islam as insane because of one a55hole.

It would be like someone reading an Rdean post and concluding all americans are clueless ill mannered dolts. We should not extrapolate too far from two little information.

clerics are the law of the land. They say it and its the way things will be.

Wife beating, woohoo, they just got their free pass from god, the cleric says they should.

Egypt does not give them that authority, and neither does Islam. Clerical precedence in Islam arises from holy behavior and scriptural authority. there are no titles like Pope or Bishop or a concept of apostolic succession, where passed on religious authority in the matter of the Christian church.

This guy has all the religious authority of Jerry Falwell, Jimmy Swaggart or Fred Phelps. He is just one loon with a bullhorn.

And Tabari is not Koran, it is a commentary by a scholar.

and it is not a correct quote. I have seen several different versions of this.

Every holy book has a few things the believers wish it didn't. This is just some guy writing his opinion. It is not the book itself.

You don't seem to understand that the beating of women is sanctioned in the Quran and in the shariah, the ultimate authorities in Islam.

Tabari is one of the most revered Islamic scholars and Quranic commentators, so, you're utterly clueless.

The religion of misogyny says it is ok to beat the hummus out of your wife if she denies you sex. Shouldn't Islam be prohibited by law?

Beating the hummus out of one's wife is already prohibited by law in this country.

I'm surprised you didn't already know that.

Beating the hummus out of one's wife is already permitted in the shariah, thus, in every Islamic country.

Shariah Law Umdat al-Salik wa Uddat al-Nasik...
DEALING WITH A REBELLIOUS WIFE
When a husband notices signs of rebelliousness in his wife whether in words as when she answers him coldly when she used to do so politely, or he asks her to come to bed and she refuses, con-trary to her usual habit; or whether in acts, as when he finds her averse to him when she was previously kind and cheerful, he warns her in words without keeping from her or hitting her, for it may be that she has an excuse.

The warning could be to tell her, "Fear Allah concerning the rights you owe to me,"
or it could be to explain that rebelliousness nullifies his obligation to support her and give her a turn amongst other wives, or it could be to inform her, "Your obeying me is religiously obligatory".

If she commits rebelliousness, he keeps from sleeping (having sex) with her and refuses to speak to her, and may hit her, but not in a way that injures her, meaning he may not bruise her, break bones, wound her, or cause blood to flow. It is unlawful to strike another's face. He may hit her whether she is rebellious only once or whether more than once, though a weaker opinion holds that he may not hit her unless there is repeated rebelliousness.

http://www.politicalislam.com/blog/sharia-law-for-non-muslims-chapter-3-june-10-2010/

Last edited:
The religion of misogyny says it is ok to beat the hummus out of your wife if she denies you sex. Shouldn't Islam be prohibited by law?

Beating the hummus out of one's wife is already prohibited by law in this country.

Beating the hummus out of one's wife is already permitted in the shariah, thus, in every Islamic country.

Call me a self-centered American if you want, but I really don't give a fuck what those cave dwelling fucksticks do in their own countries.

When a husband notices signs of rebelliousness in his wife whether in words as when she answers him coldly when she used to do so politely, or he asks her to come to bed and she refuses, con-trary to her usual habit; or whether in acts, as when he finds her averse to him when she was previously kind and cheerful, he warns her in words without keeping from her or hitting her, for it may be that she has an excuse.

The warning could be to tell her, "Fear Allah concerning the rights you owe to me,"

or it could be to explain that rebelliousness nullifies his obligation to support her and give her a turn amongst other wives, or it could be to inform her, "Your obeying me is religiously obligatory".

If she commits rebelliousness, he keeps from sleeping (having sex) with her and refuses to speak to her, and may hit her, but not in a way that injures her, meaning he may not bruise her, break bones, wound her, or cause blood to flow. It is unlawful to strike another's face. He may hit her whether she is rebellious only once or whether more than once, though a weaker opinion holds that he may not hit her unless there is repeated rebelliousness.

link it or it's gone, please. Thanks. Edit: I linked it for you this time. ~elvis..

link it or it's gone, please. Thanks. Edit: I linked it for you this time. ~elvis..

I'm told linking to a book containing aquote is sufficient.

Political Islam // Articles // Sharia Law for Non-Muslims Chapter 3 June 10, 2010
[SZE="3"][COOR="Red"]Bogus link[/COLOR] the link does not reflect the above quote[/SIZE]

I own the book of shariah law and am quoting directly, squirt.
m10.12 When a husband notices signs of rebelliousness in his wife whether in words as when she answers him coldly when she used to do so politely, or he asks her to come to bed and she refuses, con-trary to her usual habit; or whether in acts, as when he finds her averse to him when she was previously kind and cheerful, he warns her in words without keeping from her or hitting her, for it may be that she has an excuse.

Reliance of The Traveller: Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law

Furthermore, the Quran, the basis for the shariah, states a man may beat his wife...

Quran 4:34...
Allah has made men superior to women because men spend their wealth to support them. Therefore, virtuous women are obedient, and they are to guard their unseen parts as Allah has guarded them. As for women whom you fear will rebel, admonish them first, and then send them to a separate bed, and then beat them. But if they are obedi-ent after that, then do nothing further; surely Allah is exalted and great!

Call me a self-centered American if you want, but I really don't give a fuck what those cave dwelling fucksticks do in their own countries.

Bingo!
Why do we spend so much time worrying about how much someone gets? so to speak.
We have laws against such things here and need to concentrate on our problems here instead of Egypts.

Bingo!
We have laws against such things here and need to concentrate on our problems here instead of Egypts.

Violence against women anywhere in the world, particularly, when sanctioned in the cult of Islam, should be condemned

They are not just doing it in their own countries, they are doing it here in the States as well. Remember the case where the Iraqi man ran over his own daughter with a car and killed because she "dishonored" the family by being too western?

Bingo!

Violence against women anywhere in the world, particularly, when sanctioned in the cult of Islam, should be condemned

why when particularially sanctioned by Islam?

Yes I am against most all forms of senseless violence esp against women and children. However we need to clean up our own house on those issues before we whine about others doing it.

I am sure you actively support NOW and such orgs that fight Spouse abuse in the USA aren't you?
You know? The groups rush call feminnazis?

Bingo!

why when particularially sanctioned by Islam?

Yes I am against most all forms of senseless violence esp against women and children. However we need to clean up our own house on those issues before we whine about others doing it.

I am sure you actively support NOW and such orgs that fight Spouse abuse in the USA aren't you?
You know? The groups rush call feminnazis?

If anyone tried to form a group to stop spouse abuse in a middle eastern country their husbands would laugh and beat the shit out of them even more.

Egypt is about as Muslim as France is Catholic. In France you can quote the authority of the pope all you want, but what matters is what Elesee palace thinks about it, not the Vatican. And the 7th Commandment seems to be regarded in France as little more than the seventh silly loser idea.

Every religion has its morons. (I will grant that Islam seems to have a disproportionate share) Dumping on Egypt because it of its share is not helpful. I don't want America to be judged based on Fred Phelps and Jimmy Swaggart.

I will say that this is the kind of thing that makes right thinking people regard Islam as a particularly bad kind of insanity.

Domestic Violence in Jewish Law:eusa_whistle:
For many years there has been a myth that domestic violence among Jewish families was infrequent. However, there is much data demonstrating that domestic abuse is a significant and under-recognized behavior in Jewish communities in Israel and the Diaspora. Jewish women typically take a longer time to leave abusive relationships for fear that they will lose their children and because they are aware of the difficulties in obtaining a get, a Jewish divorce document.
Wifebeating in Rabbinic Literature
Domestic Violence in Jewish Law - My Jewish Learning

For many years there has been a myth that domestic violence among Jewish families was infrequent. However, there is much data demonstrating that domestic abuse is a significant and under-recognized behavior in Jewish communities in Israel and the Diaspora. Jewish women typically take a longer time to leave abusive relationships for fear that they will lose their children and because they are aware of the difficulties in obtaining a get, a Jewish divorce document.

If a woman gets beat by her husband in Israel, she can go to the police and they will arrest the man for assault. If a woman gets beat in a Muslim country and goes to the police, they will do nothing and simply return her to her husband.

Bogus. :lol:

Egypt is about as Muslim as France is Catholic. In France you can quote the authority of the pope all you want, but what matters is what Elesee palace thinks about it, not the Vatican. And the 7th Commandment seems to be regarded in France as little more than the seventh silly loser idea.

Every religion has its morons. (I will grant that Islam seems to have a disproportionate share) Dumping on Egypt because it of its share is not helpful. I don't want America to be judged based on Fred Phelps and Jimmy Swaggart.

I will say that this is the kind of thing that makes right thinking people regard Islam as a particularly bad kind of insanity.

Only Islam sanctions the beating of women.

Quran 4:34...
Allah has made men superior to women because men spend their wealth to support them. Therefore, virtuous women are obedient, and they are to guard their unseen parts as Allah has guarded them. As for women whom you fear will rebel, admonish them first, and then send them to a separate bed, and then beat them. But if they are obedi-ent after that, then do nothing further; surely Allah is exalted and great!

They are not just doing it in their own countries, they are doing it here in the States as well. Remember the case where the Iraqi man ran over his own daughter with a car and killed because she "dishonored" the family by being too western?

I sure don't.

Are you telling me he was aquitted in a US court based on that defense?

Forum List

Back