Wife-Beating in Islam

I think you'll find that spousal abuse where it exists, whether within or without Islam or any other religion, is a cultural practice, not a religious one.

Bullshit.

It is RIFE in Islam. Because their religion supports it. Please don't try to softsoap the disgusting reality of spousal abuse (and murder) that goes hand in hand with the practice of Islam.

Yuh huh.
How many Muslims you been married to?

I don't have to have been married to muslims to be able to read about the EPIDEMIC that is wife abuse in Islam.

So I take it you're okay with it. Just turning a blind eye? Cuz that's PC and all? Going to deny it because (I'm making my tone reverent now) they're MUSLIMS. So they're SPECIAL.

That's lame, even for you.

Oh I see, you read about it. Well isn't that special.

Only a prog idiot would sneer at someone for being well read.

I'd never sneer at that. But I would sneer at what I suspect your sources are.

So lemme get this straight... are you saying when Muslim beats his wife, it's a religious act? Is that it?

Bullshit.

It is RIFE in Islam. Because their religion supports it. Please don't try to softsoap the disgusting reality of spousal abuse (and murder) that goes hand in hand with the practice of Islam.

Yuh huh.

I don't have to have been married to muslims to be able to read about the EPIDEMIC that is wife abuse in Islam.

So I take it you're okay with it. Just turning a blind eye? Cuz that's PC and all? Going to deny it because (I'm making my tone reverent now) they're MUSLIMS. So they're SPECIAL.

So lemme get this straight... are you saying when Muslim beats his wife, it's a religious act? Is that it?
What's the point of the question? You have already been proven wrong. Why continue the debate.

Yuh huh.

What's the point of the question? You have already been proven wrong. Why continue the debate.

Is your name "Koshergrl"?

If it is you might wanna sign out and back in with the right account.
And no, I've not been "proven wrong" at all.

My brother-in-law beat my sister, that's all I know. I didn't ask him why. Does it matter?

My brother-in-law beat my sister, that's all I know. I didn't ask him why. Does it matter?

Sorry to hear it but I didn't ask about your BIL, nor does it prove or disprove anything about "Islam" in general anyway.

Sorry to hear it but I didn't ask about your BIL, nor does it prove or disprove anything about "Islam" in general anyway.
Well, he's Muslim and when my sister was beaten and tried to call the police, none of her Muslim neighbors would let her use their telephone.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Hadith isn't more influential than the Qur'an when it comes to regulating everyday life. I get the impression the Hadith is invoked whenever the Qur'an isn't specific enough to answer a moral question. But Hadith has varieties and Quran is sacred and invariable.

I think you'll find that spousal abuse where it exists, whether within or without Islam or any other religion, is a cultural practice, not a religious one.
That makes a nice argument, but you are ignoring that the Koran explicitly allows men to beat their wives.

Funny how much people dis Islam for beating wives, but beating your own children hey that's cool.

"When you spank, use a wooden spoon or some other appropriately sized paddle and flick your wrist. That's all the force you need. It ought to hurt — an especially difficult goal for mothers to accept — and it's okay if it produces a few tears and sniffles. If it doesn't hurt, it isn't really discipline, and ultimately it isn't very loving because it will not be effective in modifying the child's behavior."
The Biblical Approach to Spanking Focus on the Family

"The Bible teaches that physical discipline is appropriate, beneficial, and necessary."
How should Christians discipline their children What does the Bible say

Ya, but Christians don't beat their wives! Oh no?

Home

"This website is intended to be a haven for married couples who practise safe and consensual Christian Domestic Discipline (CDD), or for those who would like to learn more about CDD. It is intended to provide support and encouragement for those who believe in traditional Christian marriage, with the husband as the head of the household, and the wife as his helpmeet." (Assume they meant helpmate at the end there.)

A Domestic Discipline (DD) marriage is one in which one partner is given authority over the other, and has the means to back up that authority, usually by spanking. The application and practise of DD in each marriage is as unique as the individuals who make up that marriage. There is no "One Ring of Power" in the Domestic Discipline world, to which all DD couples must bow; no singular path to "true DD enlightenment". What works well for one DD couple may not be a good fit for another marriage. Therefore, you may see many different suggestions espoused on this site and elsewhere.

A Christian Domestic Discipline (CDD) marriage is simply a traditional, male-led, Christian marriage which utilises aspects of Domestic Discipline. It is set up according to Biblical standards."

That makes a nice argument, but you are ignoring that the Koran explicitly allows men to beat their wives.

Funny how much people dis Islam for beating wives, but beating your own children hey that's cool.

"When you spank, use a wooden spoon or some other appropriately sized paddle and flick your wrist. That's all the force you need. It ought to hurt — an especially difficult goal for mothers to accept — and it's okay if it produces a few tears and sniffles. If it doesn't hurt, it isn't really discipline, and ultimately it isn't very loving because it will not be effective in modifying the child's behavior."
The Biblical Approach to Spanking Focus on the Family

"The Bible teaches that physical discipline is appropriate, beneficial, and necessary."
How should Christians discipline their children What does the Bible say

Ya, but Christians don't beat their wives! Oh no?

Home

"This website is intended to be a haven for married couples who practise safe and consensual Christian Domestic Discipline (CDD), or for those who would like to learn more about CDD. It is intended to provide support and encouragement for those who believe in traditional Christian marriage, with the husband as the head of the household, and the wife as his helpmeet." (Assume they meant helpmate at the end there.)

A Domestic Discipline (DD) marriage is one in which one partner is given authority over the other, and has the means to back up that authority, usually by spanking. The application and practise of DD in each marriage is as unique as the individuals who make up that marriage. There is no "One Ring of Power" in the Domestic Discipline world, to which all DD couples must bow; no singular path to "true DD enlightenment". What works well for one DD couple may not be a good fit for another marriage. Therefore, you may see many different suggestions espoused on this site and elsewhere.

A Christian Domestic Discipline (CDD) marriage is simply a traditional, male-led, Christian marriage which utilises aspects of Domestic Discipline. It is set up according to Biblical standards."

Zackly. That's where I was going with KG and she's smart enough to see that which is why she ran away -- if wife-beating is a religious act in Islam, then it must be a religious act in Christianism too (along with any other religculous bent). Can't have it both ways.

Oh noes! That would make "us" no better than and no different from "them" :ack-1:

The answer of course is that the premise itself is bullshit; it's not a religious act in either one; it's a product -- in this case we can call it a waste product -- of culture. Which was the point I made when I first came in here.

Otherwise we would have to conclude "here's a Muslim beating his wife, therefore all Muslim men beat their wives -- "here's a Christian beating his wife, therefore all Christian men beat their wives -- "here's a Shinto man beating his wife", etc etc. Simple logic eliminates the argument. Composition fallacies.

And again, those who wish to skirt propriety can and will find their own interpretations of religious (or civil) laws to give themselves permission. The question is why they seek that permission in the first place -- which leads us straight back to culture.

This tactic is a tired horse. It was trotted out with female genital mutilation and head-covering and a few others. Didn't work then either.

LOL, the defenders of Islam are getting pretty desperate. Tell you what Delta, go sign up to fight for ISIS. We shall see if they want you once they find out you're a Jew, and bisexual, and atheist to boot. They will cut off your head and burn what's left of you.

Forum List

Back